General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Want to learn about dyno power figure manipulation? Read on...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 10:16 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PAUL V
Yes it does feel slow against the 430, they are both the same weight but the 430 has 183bhp more and 123 lb.ft more torque.

But it does not feel like it has the power, to be honest it is probably the torque as it does rev but just does not pull, its very hard to put into words
In which case it's well worth getting it looked at dude - I'm no expert and clearly if you've grafted yourself into a position to own toys like fezza's you're not a fool (fair fucking play - one day....) - but it's gotta be worth a few hundred quid with a pro rather than a hugely expensive meltdown, just look at mark hales and the porsche 917....
Old 09-08-2013, 10:29 PM
PAUL V
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigchez
In which case it's well worth getting it looked at dude - I'm no expert and clearly if you've grafted yourself into a position to own toys like fezza's you're not a fool (fair fucking play - one day....) - but it's gotta be worth a few hundred quid with a pro rather than a hugely expensive meltdown, just look at mark hales and the porsche 917....
I work just like everyone else, but yes i do work hard not uncommon to find dirt under my fingernails!

A 350Z / BMW Z4 feels quicker, i had the fueling checked today and it was spot on so know its not going to melt.

Will see what Stu says but i agree i could do with someone who knows the ecu to take a look at it. There is no diagnostic for it, you could pull wire off the sensors and you would not know it unless it was running rough.

Here are 2 Videos from the dyno run

Last edited by PAUL V; 09-08-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

What's your take on this ? do you think a live map would help in my case ?
Hi Paul, I'm not totally convinced they will make standard "book" power. That Mondial was on 25% 114 race fuel with a ratio higher CR and ported heads with retarded cams to better suit the race track. However, as standard they do run pretty rich and a lot of power was found from correcting that. The air flow meters can be an issue so might be worth swopping those out as they run 2 totally separate injection systems, one for each bank so a power mismatch per bank causes bit power loss and smoothness issues.

More than happy to strap her down and get some figures from here and go from there mate.

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 10-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Here are 2 Videos from the dyno run
God, they look so much better in red!