General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mark at bespoke looms warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
lukefrs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mark at bespoke looms warning

hi id like to put this thread up to warn people of this guy to stop them going through the same nightmare I have been through.
after all that's a benefit of being part of a forum.
this guy had quoted me 2 weeks to completely rewire my car for a arranged price that we were both happy with.
pretty much for the last SIX months that's all iv had off him is let down after let and lie after lie.
he threatened to chuck my car out on the road and leave it there,and for me to take him to court to get my money back
but it all got a lot worse yesterday when I was finally able to collect my car.
when I turned up mark had two other guys there to intimidate me and when I asked a simple question I was pushed about by mark and what o assume was his brother??
they were both abusive to my mate who was collecting the car for me also.
mark has scratched my car,left my new engine build up open to months of dust,he destroyed my original loom aswell after he told me only 2 plugs had been cut off
but the worst part of all......the tiny section of loom he had done and left in the car was made with old used second hand wire and when I pointed this out he smugly admitted it
my car is my pride and joy and all my spare time and money goes into the build.
mark has made me feel like I can no longer carry on with my car and has made me very cautious of leaving my car with other people.
hes wrecked the drive I had to build this car

I advise no one to have work done by him in get in to the horrible position I got myself in to.

Last edited by lukefrs; 12-05-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Bloody hell, that doesn't sound good at all mate

I've been messed around by people in the past and it's not good

Hope you get it sorted and decide to carry on

Last edited by Karl 3dr; 12-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:47 PM
mikej857
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a wanker

Burn the fuckers garage to the ground or get him bent over and bummed by some big burly bloke
Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

WOW....

Always two sides to a story .. So until I hear the other side then I'm Not casting any judgement
Old 12-05-2013, 01:52 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

not the first time i heard this
Old 12-05-2013, 01:56 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure we've all been messed around in the past, and its horrible

Really not good
Old 12-05-2013, 01:59 PM
lukefrs

Originally Posted by Rsmat
WOW....

Always two sides to a story .. So until I hear the other side then I'm Not casting any judgement

im not going to say I didn't loose my temper with mark on a few occasions but it was completely justified and was a last resort for me as im a very quiet guy.mark has admitted hes treated me very badly himself but when I collected the car yesterday and had that off him and his mates it had gone too far.
no one can justify the fact he started my loom using second hand wire either.

these threads I will put up are to save people the hassle iv had.

I can appreciate your reserved judgment theough mate.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:32 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

I was there so can say first hand what Luke has written is nothing but the truth, and only the tip of the Iceberg ..

... I would of been more than upset at the way he has been treated if it was me, he has been nothing but a nightmare since leaving the car there 6 months ago .. all Luke did is ask why his loom was cut in several different places and why he had used secondhand wire .. he obviously didnt want to fess up to being a twat, so lost his rag, and brought his mates along to help him.. obviously there was some history to the story, but only the fact the fella broke promise after promise of the car being done, and telling Luke he had spent his money etc etc .. we arrived in a clam way, Luke went to see him on his own, I stayed outside loading the car, and saw the others enter after Luke.. as soon as he picked up on his lies and shoddy workmanship things changed ..

.. and he had it planned for these people to come out of the wood work after we arrived .. joker .. but kind of back fired when we stood our ground and they didnt do anything just shout there mouths off.. I never spoke a word untill it became physical, and then at first was trying to keep the peace.. in the end I actually asked his so called hench man to knock me out if he could etc etc .. and nothing .. I wasnt amused myself at going to work and being physically and verbally abused .. and then it just jumped up to the next level..

.. I would strongly advise anyone to steer well clear of this idiot and his mates .. as you wont get the job done .. as there are cars there that had been there 12 months plus when we dropped Lukes car off, and they are still there .. and if by some miricle you do get the job done it will be some kind of lash up using secondhand wire etc ..

... in the end the car is back and so is the money, but I think he was lucky to get both as the fella had threatend to throw the car on the street and he could wistle for his wedge more than once .. and messed him about time and time agin when trying to collect it ..

.. honestly .. its beond a joke, and then to try the intimidation game, well just shows his true colours as all I saw was a bunch of old fagots shouting there mouths off about what they would do, and doing fuck all .. just like the loom really ..

the fella wont put his piece up here, and if he does it will be a load of old bollox just like he has fed Luke for the last 6 months .. beware people, this fella is a a full on card holding cowboy .. simples

Last edited by series1rscars; 12-05-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:35 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is he based?
Old 12-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Rsturbo james
its all good

ive been emailing him for weeks regarding a loom

never get a answer
Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

I got a pump and fan loom off him there still in the bag they came in as I built my own
Old 12-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Rsmat
300+

It's Cossie4I's brother mark aka ( mark_24v ) iirc
Old 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
1374lee
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 91 Likes on 91 Posts

Alright Luke,I have put my comments on the RSOC site bud.Sounds like a right nightmare the whole situation.

Thanks.Lee.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

If what you say is true and he has chopped your loom about and used second hand wire then put some pics up! Cow boys should be exposed so others don't waste there hard earned money as its dis heartening
Old 12-05-2013, 02:55 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

It's Cossie4I's brother mark aka ( mark_24v ) iirc

If he is about 7 foot looks like a flag poll and thinks he is tuff he was there yesterday
Old 12-05-2013, 02:55 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by ajamesc
If what you say is true and he has chopped your loom about and used second hand wire then put some pics up! Cow boys should be exposed so others don't waste there hard earned money as its dis heartening

It's true, Ive seen it
Old 12-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by series1rscars
If he is about 7 foot looks like a flag poll and thinks he is tuff he was there yesterday

Sounds like Steve yes ... That is out of charectar for him .. Known him a while now .. Nice bloke tbh ..such a shame to hear :-(
Old 12-05-2013, 03:02 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Lots of people watching this thread.
Well I guess the only saving grace is you have your car back and you can look to get it done properly now. I don't know about loom manufacturers and such but I know someone on here that I think is getting Will Pedley to wire their car, I'm sure he'd do a much better and more professional job, maybe thats worth a look?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Danielbetty
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Once I got my car back would of put all three of them on then arses,I know violence don't get you know where but makes you feel better,that's my opion

Last edited by Danielbetty; 12-05-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:09 PM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh dear what cunts they are and Steve bangs on how good his brother is I won't be using them
Old 12-05-2013, 03:10 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw Steve did read this thread earlier
Old 12-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Have you paid any money? I'd be making a call to trading standards personally if you have
Old 12-05-2013, 03:13 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Sounds like a cowboy whichever way you cut it. Don't understand how some people still do business with stories like this around.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Steve the enforcer eh lol that makes me laugh it would of been a diff story if they pulled this shit on Mat
Old 12-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by cossie891
Steve the enforcer eh lol that makes me laugh it would of been a diff story if they pulled this shit on Mat

Don't bring me into It please ... Steves a good friend of mine
Old 12-05-2013, 03:18 PM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Ah ok mate no prob
Old 12-05-2013, 03:27 PM
gibbo frst
Advanced PassionFord User

their will still be another side to this story though as horrible as the one above sounds..
its a shame if it is true though as when I was after a loom for my old cossie their weren't many places to choose from..
Old 12-05-2013, 03:35 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

Sounds like Steve yes ... That is out of charectar for him .. Known him a while now .. Nice bloke tbh ..such a shame to hear :-(

Well this may be true, but yesterday he was in hiding waiting for us to arrive, obviously as some kind of muscle as the other fella must of thought he wasnt up to it on his own, he tried pushing us both around and thought he was clever doing it with a wierd smirk on his face .. just looked a couple of chips short of a bag to me ..and I never spoke a word to anyone untill he started being abusive to me .. and even then I was trying to calm things down as he was getting physical ..

.. and even after everyone else had given up, his brother and the other fella there had returned inside and we were trying to load the car he continued to act like a right wierdo staring at us and provoking more agro ..

... I can tell you straight he was in over his head, and it wasnt his normal type of gig ... as he didnt have an answer or a reaction to anything, even after trying to give it the big un' ..just as he has looked at this thread and not replyed or tryed to put his side as he knows full well what is here is all true, and he has made a fool of himself just like his brother and mate

Last edited by series1rscars; 12-05-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:43 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Shame. just out of interest what car was you havin rewired?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:45 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by gibbo frst
their will still be another side to this story though as horrible as the one above sounds..
its a shame if it is true though as when I was after a loom for my old cossie their weren't many places to choose from..

I stand but what Ive put up on here or wouldnt of made comment, and only continuing to post to answer peoples posts because Ive made the statements above...

... Im self employed myself and in the trade and cant imagine treating customers in this fasion, it should never happern in business as if you do your job then these things dont happern .. sometimes things dont go to plan, thats life, but an explination, straight answers and keeping people in the loop is all thats needed if all is above board..

.. I have a project on the go and would of been taking it there for a loom after Lukes car ..

.. I would'nt let this fella look at a picture of it, let alone take a look at it or leave it there with him ..

Im not saying he is not capable, but defo not trust worthy, and if you dare have an opinion or a complaint ... well .. I think you can tell from the above posts ..

Last edited by series1rscars; 12-05-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling skills of a 3 yr old
Old 12-05-2013, 03:47 PM
lukefrs

ill put pictures up later no problem atal.i assume steve is the tall one??if so then he was the one that started all the pushing and shoving.ti was fairly obvious that neither of them planned on following up theyre body language with theyre fist but still no way to treat customers,especially when its mark whos in the wrong here and I only asked simple questions about my loom.

at the end of the day mark and steve can come on here and say its all a load of crap and it was all my fault etc,it would be load of lies and would really seal the deal on what a spineless guy he is but all that aside......mark CANNOT justify the fact he used old wire in a loom that was discussed to be a completely brand new loom front to back.he put his own nail in the coffin when he pulled that stunt.

theres loads more to all of this,loads happened in that 6 months with him feeding me lies but theres not enough time in the day to right it all and it doesn't really alter anything.

I just hope no one lets him near theryr car!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by costina
Shame. just out of interest what car was you havin rewired?

Mk1 FRS
Old 12-05-2013, 03:58 PM
lukefrs

its a mk1 focus rs that im currently building into what iv wanted it to be for years.
I will post pictures soon.just braved the rain
Old 12-05-2013, 04:02 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by lukefrs
its a mk1 focus rs that im currently building into what iv wanted it to be for years.
I will post pictures soon.just braved the rain
Just confused why it would need a full rewire?
Don't give up tho
Old 12-05-2013, 04:06 PM
series1rscars
PassionFord Regular

Don't give up tho
It didnt, but the car is stripped out, caged etc .. and he wanted it done to incorporate the exstinguisher system and race dash etc and a full new loom is what he wanted to have it done properly
Old 12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
lukefrs

Don't give up tho

its going to be like a time attack car on the road see,and a full loom was going to be one of my frav parts
Old 12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by lukefrs
its going to be like a time attack car on the road see,and a full loom was going to be one of my frav parts
Ah i see a braided race type loom with only the bare minimum.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Rsmat
300+

Don't give up on it Luke find someone better to do the work and get it built mate .
Old 12-05-2013, 04:11 PM
lukefrs

Old 12-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Rsmat
300+

WoW

Quick Reply: mark at bespoke looms warning