General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Please read(now with the pm included)

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Spot on Greg
Old 15-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Jon ERST S2
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I buy a car. How long do I have to own it before I can sell it/break it?

I think it's ridiculous situation. Pon sums it up very well.

TBH If andy can't sell his parts, I'll be after a refund on my Gold Membership. I rejoined after I sold my RS, I did so to support this site but if this is the way things are run....
Old 15-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ballin
^^ innit Ryan

theres a fair few mini hitlers on here ....god forbid a paying member lets there signature go 300 bytes over the limit, its almost instant dismissal

yaawwnnn ...

if you dont like the rules then complain to stu pr pet .. rather than hijacking someones post

andy i never read the original thread , but after reading what you have said about just wanting to get rid of the parts you have left over i cant see a problem .. not like you got a car with the sole intention of breaking to make money .. as paddy said you could of just said nothing and put everything up in bits... but you did the what you thought would be the right way of doing it.
Old 15-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Sexy-RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote="Adam Ash"]

makes me feel gutted that PF has come to this reminds me VERY much of the RSOC BB before it went tits up

[quote]

Me to, this site has gone down hill imo look back to when it first started sod all mods and everything happy go lucky thats what passionford was about!!! Every one was happy it was a great place to be !!! All these rules and regs and hitler mods is a joke!! Sit back and take a look theres a lot of unhappy people here!! On every other web site you can sell what you however many times you want, What has passionford become
Old 15-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by sexy-aRSe
Me to, this site has gone down hill imo look back to when it first started sod all mods and everything happy go lucky thats what passionford was about!!! Every one was happy it was a great place to be !!! All these rules and regs and hitler mods is a joke!!
Id say a fair few people agree with that statement

However with over 10,000 members now theres always going to be personality clashes or people taking things the wrong way etc etc
Old 15-03-2005, 12:18 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I think the mod contacted should have looked members history before taking any action. Even if someone is breaking a car for money then it should be OK to do so a few times as this isn't strictly trading.

Obviously you have to sympathise with the position of the moderators, they can't know every members background before making a judgement. You have to consider that somone could be a trader and act like a normal member and make money without paying the proper fees.

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit really. If you think the site is going downhill then you should just go for a bit, vote with your feet, I don't think the negativity is needed.
Old 15-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

so .. back up your claims of hitler mods ...
if you have the proof of this then approach stu or pet about them..

i volunteered to help with this site and to try and uphold the rules that are in place.
we are not above the rules ourselves...
Old 15-03-2005, 12:40 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Que Hitler himself

Originally Posted by Eagle
^^ innit Ryan

theres a fair few mini hitlers on here ....god forbid a paying member lets there signature go 300 bytes over the limit, its almost instant dismissal

yaawwnnn ...

if you dont like the rules then complain to Stu pr pet .. rather than hijacking someones post

andy i never read the original thread , but after reading what you have said about just wanting to get rid of the parts you have left over i cant see a problem .. not like you got a car with the sole intention of breaking to make money .. as paddy said you could of just said nothing and put everything up in bits... but you did the what you thought would be the right way of doing it.
Old 15-03-2005, 01:31 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by andyescos
Originally Posted by R4N S S
fook me what a read

i agree with 110% on this

Pon - did u go ace cafe? thought i saw the ol jimmy hill but turned round and then you had gone

ps> Andy can I have the rear bumper please and i will DONATE u some beer money
R4NSS, I thought you had a 3 door, will a spphy rear bumper fit?(damn, me and my mouth, looks like this threads off to the Sin Bin)
Andy, I do have the 3dr, but also have a Saff which is my daily runner and it has battle scars across the bumper pm me and i will come and pick it up
Old 15-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by sexy-aRSe
Me to, this site has gone down hill imo look back to when it first started sod all mods and everything happy go lucky thats what passionford was about!!! Every one was happy it was a great place to be !!! All these rules and regs and hitler mods is a joke!! Sit back and take a look theres a lot of unhappy people here!! On every other web site you can sell what you however many times you want, What has passionford become
@ that statement.

When you sharing a place with over 10,000 members its hard to keep everyone happy im sure you will agree.

As for passionford going downhill, id say it was better than ever, Passionford is what you make of it.

Stupid question really but if people are so unhappy then why keep coming back i used to visit scoobynet often, dont go on there anymore as i dont like it anymore, simple really.

Hitler mods? we read the rules and should follow them, if you dont you are either warned, banned or the mods get the abuse for doing there job
Old 15-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TIFF-C20WTH
7 pages
Thats a hell of alot of hob nobs
Old 15-03-2005, 02:22 PM
COS 22
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

me and the the strut brace stripped and sold his sapph bits on here before xmas and nobody complained

he is not a trader
Old 15-03-2005, 02:33 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Thank god for ebay!
Old 15-03-2005, 02:44 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

imo the 'trader status' is so that people can buy in confidence, knowing that they're dealing with an 'approved' supplier which is a good service to offer to members, as well as generating income for the admin costs.

just for the record, my opinion is that this whole thread sucks and is totally unnecessary. the whole point of this online community should be to share our passion for fords, which andy was trying to do by offering much sought after spares to community members for a good price (if not better). he should be encouraged and applauded for that.
Old 15-03-2005, 03:07 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

from what I have read Andy bought the car so he or his m8 could have the engine and a few other bits, then sell the rest on, Pete has said if he bought a car for certain parts for himself then he doesn't have a problem with it..

this whole situation needs sorting out and putting to bed very quickly so the PF can get back to what it's good at "bringing like minded people together to enjoy Ford cars whatever make or model"
also soemone made reference to a guy breaking a smokestone saff on here who was not a trader and has been allowed to do it, pete replied to the advert and said "you won it on ebay then " even tho he knew he had just bought it to break.
I found the advert on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4523943577
and here he is breaking it shortly after...

https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...light=breaking

stu even asked for the bootlid and had no problems with the advert

I think andy has been unfairly singled out..

steve

steve
Old 15-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GUZZLER
Que Hitler himself

Originally Posted by Eagle
^^ innit Ryan

yaawwnnn ...

if you dont like the rules then complain to Stu pr pet .. rather than hijacking someones post

stalin if you dont mind
Old 15-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

My take on this is here:
https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108894

So this has been locked for now.