General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Iam the trader that reported the post

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Iam the trader that reported the post

now we have that in the open and have been through and read every poting on the other thread regarding this matter I will now have my say
I did speak to stu regarding this matter to ask if its right to bring the parts advert up for the attention of a moderator,I was right to do so
Just for the record i do not have any probelm with Andy or any other individaul breaking there own car,i was the one who advised Gus to break his after he offered it me to buy as he would get more money.
What I do have a problem with which i make no bones about is peopel buying cars purely to break for profit and who are not proper traders,with the recent new rules you have seen many bedroom traders fall away.
However Andy DID NOT in his advert stste he was buying this car for donor parts for himself,it ststed its come in for breaking which means hes breaking it up for profit unlike a few weeks ago a guy was breaking a 4WD cossie as he had bought it for the running gear which he plainly stated in the advert,I have no problem with that,he was off loading the un needed parts.
I would like to reply to some of the stupid commnets made in the other post but it would tke me all day and i havent the time,as to being undercut,yes this happens everyday i dont loose sleep over it also i do miss out on cars as other poeple may be closer this aslo does not bother me.
this is part of the job Ive been doing very sucessfully for a lot of years,the rule of the board is plain and simple unfortunatley these rules get broken and the relevent posting deleted,I dont make the rules only follow them
I found certain individual have gota very bad attitude towards traders on here they think its funny for other to uncut and post things like "overpriced" and "ripp off" this is a business you just dont understand,proper trader have overheads to pay and do not get hoilday pay so yes we are going to be more expensive than a private man.but at the end of the day if we wernt here your cars wouldnt be here too.I for one do not need to advertise on here but as 90% of my trade is thorugh other adverting and repeat custom so there is lifr after PF but we all enjoy the banter
plus you boy which you all seem to forget,gets the chance of anything which comes in first.
I will now await the stupid cooments,please dont reply unless you have something constructive to say regarding this matter
Old 15-03-2005, 10:24 AM
D19 STE
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

At least we are hearing the other side of the story as to why
Old 15-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Phil
Jeebus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you are saying it is all a miss understanding and you have no problem with Andy's advert, knowing that it was only to sell on parts he no longer required from the donar car?

If this is the case then fair enough
Old 15-03-2005, 10:37 AM
TheBishMan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

OMG 7 pages and it was all a misunderstanding??
Old 15-03-2005, 10:43 AM
rsnissan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Why didnt the mod pm and ask why Andy was braking (to clarify it was just excess parts) would have avoided all of this
Old 15-03-2005, 10:54 AM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The simple fact remains that as traders we have to pay alot more to be on here than everyone else, it's for this reason that we get a little nerked when others get the same benefits, with no cost to them
Old 15-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cossymad
The simple fact remains that as traders we have to pay alot more to be on here than everyone else, it's for this reason that we get a little nerked when others get the same benefits, with no cost to them
exactly
Old 15-03-2005, 11:07 AM
RSKieron
PassionFord Regular

Can see it from both sides, maybe an exact clarification on what is and what isn't allowed is needed?
Old 15-03-2005, 11:07 AM
jasonp
Advanced PassionFord User

I think its always gonna be a looseing battle from both sides here. People will just buy cars and say i wanted the wheels now im sellling the rest. Its difficult to lay the law down really i guess as rules can be twisted

I sold stuff ages ago and people always ask "what else have you got". Do u say nothing go to a trader or do you say yeah i got a whole shed full of stuff
Old 15-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So basically according to you Pete , you can only sell parts if you intend on making a loss and not a profit as if you do intend to make a profit you class them as a trader
Old 15-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i can see from both sides, however as a paying goldmember one of the perks is being able to sell parts, so why am i not alllowed as a one off to buy a cheap saff (for example) and sell the parts here? (if i did it again and again then cool i am a trader, but a one of does not make me that.

Maybe clarification of the rules is needed me thinks
Old 15-03-2005, 11:17 AM
paul220tcoupe
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Glad its all finally sorted!
Old 15-03-2005, 11:18 AM
jasonp

The only way over it is everyone pays one price to advertise stuff trader or not. And if traders want to put their name everywhere you pay another fee. Simple
Old 15-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jasonp
The only way over it is everyone pays one price to advertise stuff trader or not. And if traders want to put their name everywhere you pay another fee. Simple
Isnt that what gold membership is for ?

And why Traders pay for banner ads etc and ads outside the For sale section
Old 15-03-2005, 11:23 AM
jasonp

Old 15-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

There will always be some rough ground concerning breaking cars and making money.
Everybody has some kind of budget to stand by, and if a car comes up at the right money with the right parts you require and giving you the opportunity to maybe get some cash back then surely you would buy, break and sell leftover parts, in my eyes common sense.
BUT, in some peoples eyes that would be classed as trading.
But there again we need the traders for them hard to source or readily available parts.

I think the only way forward would be common sense and discretion from all parties who may be involved
Old 15-03-2005, 11:26 AM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Let be honest folks, if not sold here, parts will go on eBay instead...

Traders, I respect you and your respective businesses, don't get me wrong, I understand you can feel cheated at times, bottom line is, if PF is a viable way of doing business for you, use it within the boundaries of what you can get for it, otherwise, I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on advertising that doesn't work.

If PF wasn't there, you might be using eBay (I suspect most of you are anyway ), where are the rules on eBay, anyone can setup a shop AFAIK, anyone can pay extra for the large pictures, etc... whether it's a business or not. Same with the autotrader, etc...

I have stated my views on the other posts, I think PF should allow anyone to sell anything and offer means of making it more or less visible to the community by charging accordingly.

What really annoys me, is that you can get away with the rules by lying, DOO was honest a while ago about breaking a car, and was told he couldn't. If he said he'd use some of the parts for himself, then it's ok...
Likewise with the cars I can sell (as a gold member), what are the boundaries, nothing there tells me I can't buy and sell on the same day (up to 4 per year), at a profit even, now that's trading in a way...

I think we are in a pickle over these rules, and they need to change for the benefit of everyone, one way or the other imo, otherwise, as said above, we are all going to loose some feathers over this...

We're one great big happy family - I'm sure we'll sort it out
Old 15-03-2005, 11:28 AM
steviep
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you're planning on breaking a car for profit, don't go broadcasting the fact on here, just put a "parts for sale" post up
Old 15-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think what Pete is saying is,, If you buy a car for ,,lets say the engine / box etc etc and sell on the rest this is fine ,,What pisses traders off is blatent buying of complete cars to strip and sell on ( undercutting proprer traders ) as you have no overheads , time after time . IE , as a trader does .
We as traders do understand that we dont have total rights over the buying and selling of cars and parts , but what we do expect is by paying GOOD money for advertising space on a website / mag etc to be able to sell our parts at the ( going rate ) without being made to look fools by bedroom traders ,

If you want to be a dealer , contact companies house , register as a proper company , pay your taxes / rent / wages etc etc and then see how easiy it is

I am not moaning as i have a good business and make decent proffit , All we ask for is people to understand why we get pissed off , Not because others do it , but because we get slated for our prices when we have to charge to cover our costs

Paul
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

not beeing funny but all you trader's chouse to pay you dont have to as im sure you all use other bb's that lets you post parts and plug your business for free
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Originally Posted by jasonp

Why is it that someone always manages to sum up what I think in a couple of sentences when I always seem to end up with half a page of drivel
Old 15-03-2005, 11:36 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Paul,

why would people have to register with companies house? not everyone wants to be a ltd company.

I arent registered with companies house, but i am registered with the inland revenue (as you know )

I just choose not to trade on here as its not worth the hassle / expense for me tbh.
Old 15-03-2005, 11:36 AM
cossymad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mark
not beeing funny but all you trader's chouse to pay you dont have to as im sure you all use other bb's that lets you post parts and plug your business for free
Other bb's charge as well
Old 15-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

So a free for all then ???? What traders would bother to pay to advertise on a site like that ???

Remember that if this sort of thing was ok then a trader would just not bother ,,we pay more for the adverts as we are supposed to benifit from it ,, but we arnt , why bother .

So are you saying that this site would be better without us ??

Mike m,,you know what i mean ,,Pay up or shut up
Old 15-03-2005, 11:38 AM
jasonp

As i cant type well i do it in less words m8

I guess most of you breakers started out by doing the odd deal and moving on the odd car,then it got big enough to make a proper company and buisness. The problem is people are obviously realiseing it can be easy money and are just doing the odd thing, but as you all know its how buisness works.

My company is one of biggest in south now, but recently 2 small places have strated up undercutting us, luckily we can offer things they cant and its keeps them out of our way,but they still take work we could be doing.But my attitude is fuck it we been here 30years and they will soon be back knocking on our doors for jobs when they cant do stuff.

Joys of being in buisness is everyone is out to make money even if it aint the proper way.
Old 15-03-2005, 11:41 AM
MrsFrog
PassionFord Post Troll

Is it just me or both parties are saying the same thing now

.......but are still arguing about it?
Old 15-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Deano
So basically according to you Pete , you can only sell parts if you intend on making a loss and not a profit as if you do intend to make a profit you class them as a trader
First if all I dont make the rules only abide by them take that up with the powers that be
If you intend on buying a car purely to make profit that is whats classed as trading,on the other hand which is plain and simple to see if an indivual breaks his own car to recoupe money spent thats fine as lets face it its all Joe publics fault in the first place as they are not prepared to pay the asking price so the guy breaks it,simple
I break and sell cars for profit that my job some people seem to thinks this is a game and are unhappy that someone like me makes a living at what i do,
do any of you work for free or ask your boss how much profit you have made him ??? I guess not
simple fact people are openly buying cars to break for profit if they are thats fine by me but do it correctly send Stu the traders fee in the form of a company cheque.as stated in the rules
Old 15-03-2005, 11:49 AM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL Paul - I know, i just like to get involved
Old 15-03-2005, 11:50 AM
~Vix~

So this is all just a misunderstanding....he paid his gold membership, so therefore by what is stated on the forum description, he is allowed to sell the parts he has left from the car....

Don't see why there's so many arguments like this on the forum tbh, FT and UKFN have no disputes between traders and usual forum members selling a few parts.

Surely with everyone being interested in cars on here, Andy's helping people out by selling a few parts he doesn't need? Its a forum ffs...yes I know trader's pay more fees, but you can post a lot more stuff for sale...all this is over ONE post

Just seems like a few people chucking their toys out the pram tbh, one guy selling a few parts isn't going to affect any of your businesses in any way...
Old 15-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Dan_L

I don't think now there is going to be a solution to this problem because after all these threads I don't think anyone will admit to buying a car to break. The 2 people that have had the problems were both open about the fact they had bought a car to break, im sure there are others that arent traders who have bought cars with the sole intention of breaking them and just kept quiet and not had a problem.

It is pretty common knowledge on this site now that certain cars can be bought and broken for a profit. Whether the traders like this or not more and more people are going to do this in there spare time, whether they sell the parts on here, ebay, rsbb or the back of magazines. IMO traders are just going to have to accept this and work out whether paying a traders fee on this website is worth it to them.

Dan
Old 15-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

You seem to miss the point ,,Its not just a few parts that people sell on here ,,This is the only forum where so many people sell so mant parts ,,Most on here must have a bigger stock than me ..lol

This is our point ,,its the same peeps day in day out selling parts and cars ,, and are not proper traders ,,
I have never seen this on any other forum before .
Far to many bedroom traders , As i said before , you want to be a trader NO WORRIES , pay up and best of luck
Old 15-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Dan l
Perfect example mate ,,IS IT WORTH TRADERS PAYING ,,im thinking the exact same thing ,,I may aswell just be a gold member if thats all is needed to do what i am doing , which is what you lot are saying ,
Gold members have the same options as me ,,A registered trader who has overheads and taxes to pay ,,MMMMMMM Gold member and then i save money

SO A FREE FOR ALL IS WHAT YOU ALL WANT ????
Old 15-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dan_L
I don't think now there is going to be a solution to this problem because after all these threads I don't think anyone will admit to buying a car to break. The 2 people that have had the problems were both open about the fact they had bought a car to break, im sure there are others that arent traders who have bought cars with the sole intention of breaking them and just kept quiet and not had a problem.

It is pretty common knowledge on this site now that certain cars can be bought and broken for a profit. Whether the traders like this or not more and more people are going to do this in there spare time, whether they sell the parts on here, ebay, rsbb or the back of magazines. IMO traders are just going to have to accept this and work out whether paying a traders fee on this website is worth it to them.

Dan
Thats what moderator are for and why this thread has been opened
Old 15-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Dan_L

Originally Posted by Pete,RS Specialists
Originally Posted by Dan_L

Dan
Thats what moderator are for and why this thread has been opened
What do you mean?
Old 15-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Look at it another way lets have a free for all anyone cant buy and sell anything,all that will happen is no traders will pay to advertise and where will that leave everyone,on the other hand look at waht the new rules have done got rid of the bed room part time trader,
No offence intended to any of these people but look at Jano Oddkid who was advertsing his tuning and modifications when he was asked to pay he didnt because he doesnt have a complany all hes doing is playing around on his drive for beer money and taking work from a proper company
Simon Honour,I know him well but he tried the breaking game and came here as a trader selling parts for peanuts as he had another well paid job just seen an opertunity to make a few quid again not a proper trader when asked to pay the fee
as i said I wish no offence to those mentioned above its just an example
Old 15-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

But why shou;ld have to state in our adverts that we broughta car for donar parts.

Yes if he been doing it regulary selling items then yes.

YesI can see why you get narked aswell the autotrader cost me more to advertise my cars cos I am a trader.I see people selling lots of cars regualr on this site and they dont pay traders fees.

Sorry Pete it comes across to me if you have an attiude well to me

But not syaing you dont have valid points you do

But fair play to you for admitting it was you
Old 15-03-2005, 12:20 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Look at it another way lets have a free for all anyone cant buy and sell anything
Just like eBay then.

all that will happen is no traders will pay to advertise and where will that leave everyone
Just like on eBay, some get a shop, others don't. Those that do pay for the privilege because they theorietically get something out of it.

on the other hand look at waht the new rules have done got rid of the bed room part time trader
and have alienated the very part time "non traders" who don't know what they can sell or can't. As it is, it's left to the interpretation of the mods.

Just being curious now, out of the 25 or so traders, how many are paying for full banner adverts ?
Old 15-03-2005, 12:24 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fao paul north yorkshire rss me and you both no you dont make no money everything you buy you keep for yourself 2 rs500s you greedy barstool
Old 15-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Dan_L

Without set guidelines threads likes this are going to come up all the time now. I think the moderators have got there work cut out .
Is for example someone allowed to buy a car, keep the seats for themselves and sell the rest? Does byy stating in their advert that they bought the car originally for some spare parts for there own car give them the right to sell what they want?
Old 15-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I dont pay for a banner , simply because of what we are talking about
Last year i sold thousands of pounds worth of stuff on here , in the last 3 months ,, nothing to shout about as the bedroom boys are selling it ,, I cant justify the Banner costs when my sales on here have dropped so much ,,

To be honest i have broke 3 cars last and this month that i havent even bothered to list on here as it isnt worth the effort ,, I come on here for the giggle and speek to mates ,,And list the odd bits now and then

I sell 95% of my cars and parts through Fast ford and performance ford and other forums

Cossiecrew ,,
Yes mate thats true
People forget tho , i made my money long before being a rs breaker

Quick Reply: Iam the trader that reported the post