General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mondeo TDCI power now & gearbox help

Search this Thread

Old 23-09-2012, 01:36 PM
RichieL
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo TDCI power now & gearbox help

Been searching around on here and Google but with not great help as to what could be making my gearbox feel very tight and very hard to get in to reverse when she is cold? I have the 115bhp TDCI with the 5 speed box......Could it be poss' she needs new oil in the gearbox and is that a job I can do or would it have to go in to a garage?

Also.... She is the 115 TDCI on an 05 plate. What power should she be giving now as had the following done within the past 800 miles.....

Full service including fuel filter
EGR blanked
K&N panel filter
De-Cat
Evochips Remap

..... Also I only run her on Shell V Power Diesel as read it is meant to help performance?

As an estimate, what would you guys think BHP wise she is now??
Old 23-09-2012, 01:52 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

If you can live with it do - It may just need an oil change, but the gearbox may be knackered. They can 'fail' internally, and get gradually worse. But replacing them it a right pain. You could take a gamble on the oil, but it's quite a lot of cash if it doesn't do anything.

Also - Try gently lifting the clutch as you push it into reverse.

Power wise, you're probably around 130-140, maybe a little bit more if you've got a 'good un'. I personally wouldn't spend the extra on V Power, as I never saw any noticeable power, or mpg increase from it.
Old 23-09-2012, 06:26 PM
RichieL
Regular Contributor

Thanks Dan

So the V-Power diesel I shall leave on next fill up, most probably save about £4-5 per fill up. I was thinking about 145-150 power wise on mine bud as Evochips promised 30bhp on their remap, so a 115bhp engine with another 30 horses would take her to 145bhp, then with the decat etc?

As for the gearbox......It is easy to get into reverse when the engine is off?
Old 25-02-2013, 03:54 PM
wulliegunn
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default gearbox conundrum

now what it is.well 80% sure anyway. I had exact same problem & £720 fixed it.Your DMF is on way out mate. 1st thing to go is your reverse gear.(either that or your clutch is on way out)
I still have my old dmf that came out & there's about a 1/4" of play(not around the face clockwise etc). As soon as my dmf was changed it solved it.
Now I have just to replace my 1st/2nd & 3rd/4th gear synchros!arrgh.knew i shouldve done em while it was being changed. I just thought that the sticky box was the dmf also,but unlucky for me,it wasnt. Car goes into ford tomorrow.Not lookin forward to a £1k bill etc