General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Saph Cossie Damaged :@

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Saph Cossie Damaged :@

At 7:30 this evening some twat reversed into the cossie , damaging driver indicator and headlight and headlight wiper, bumper and wing also forcing grill out got a bad feeling insurance will right her off.

Basically I came off main road into my side road and as I drove up the road there was a renault clio sitting in middle of road. I drove up and came to a stop approx 1 car space behind clio I waited for around a minute for it to move on but nothing, then all of a sudden he smashes it in reverse I hit horn but too late "SMASH" he hit me got out and was like "oh shit sorry mate I didn't see you behind me" errrrr I was there good minute and had headlights on and it still quite light out.... What a joke yet too call insurance to tell them

WES
Old 12-09-2012, 08:06 PM
neilscott83
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any witnesses? Phone the insurance asap do you know where he lives? Just incase the cunt saids you hit him.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by neilscott83
Any witnesses? Phone the insurance asap do you know where he lives? Just incase the cunt saids you hit him.
There was a fella standing in front garden of a house where it happened i'll give him a knock tomo. He gave me all his details i took his reg down anyway I didnt give him any of my details! What a dick has right pissed me off I've seen him about so if he aint insured he'll get hurt.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
neilscott83

I'd inform your insurance and get the witness details tomorrow if i were you mate if they say anything about you not giving your details tell them you were in shock and the other driver didn't ask for them. Can't be to careful had a 90 year old man hit my friend at work up the arse no witnesses admitted it was his fault as the lorry was stationary, insurance claim comes through saying my mate had reveresed into him! It went to court and the nice old boy lied and one the case and cost my mate his Ł250 accident bonus you can't be to careful I trust no one where stuff like this is concerned.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

will do, he never asked for my details just kept saying sorry and so did his bird/or mum what ever she was!

may sound stupid but never had an accident before, this wont affect my no claims bonus will it?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM
neilscott83

No mate as long as the cunt doesn't say you hit him you'll have to declair it but it'll go down as a non fault claim some insurance companies will try and say your a higher risk bizzarly just shop around my insurance went up by 300 on renewal after being hit and that was there excuse lol just shopped around and got it cheaper than the previous year.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by doga-ot
will do, he never asked for my details just kept saying sorry and so did his bird/or mum what ever she was!

may sound stupid but never had an accident before, this wont affect my no claims bonus will it?

yes it will affect your no claims, unless you have it protected.

Trending Topics

Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigChuck
yes it will affect your no claims, unless you have it protected.
No it won't, as long as it's put down as the other party's fault.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
No it won't, as long as it's put down as the other party's fault.
i always understood it that when you made a claim, you lose your NCB.

could be wrong tho, he will end up paying more as he will have to declare the claim, and that will affect the price before the NCB is taken into account
Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

just reported it its going through his insurance not mine! gotta get witness's name and details tomo
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
doga-ot
PassionFord Post Troll

my legal side told me on phone I'm not going through my insurance as he hit me so he has to go through his own insurance
Old 13-09-2012, 07:34 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigChuck
i always understood it that when you made a claim, you lose your NCB.

could be wrong tho, he will end up paying more as he will have to declare the claim, and that will affect the price before the NCB is taken into account

You are completely wrong,you only lose no claims if YOU make a claim,this is a non fault claim.

To the op,you need to get a nice equivalent car to what your in,something like a m5.
They have to honour it if you push hard enough,although rarely do.
Good to see your ins company is taking the right approach although car will 99% be a write off due to age.
Shame,but try and get a buy back into your policy,although their a lot more clued up on this nowadays but you could get lucky and buy it back for a grand or so???
Old 13-09-2012, 07:49 PM
robp-tt
ZETEC TURBO

If the accident was his fault you can insist they repair it and don't write it off. Or pay cash out for you to repair it and keep the car with out it going on the hit list. If they try and write it off kick up and they will back down.