General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Recent Spout of RS Cars being Stolen.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Dennis_Wiseman
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harris.
Silly thread really . i wouldnt say most of the cars going missing are the pikeys . there more like people who know people ,or people who need the parts. That white van in the other thread is just another white Van . i own 3 white transits but im not a pikey

As said above insurance .

I could hide my 3 door for a few months ,say its be stolen . Cash in on the insurance then cash in when i break it . WIN WIN

A copper told me when gypsies move into the area the crime rate rockets. Its no coincidence.

Doubt many would pull a insurance scam on a RS given there probably worth more than any pay out could cover.

And as for the white van in the other thread. How many work vans do you know with a boy racer half tint front window? Some but not many
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
Fuck me,you are going to take on gang of angry armed pikeys with a paintball gun? ... Get some CCTV so we can see how it ends up, PLEASE
I'd also love to see that!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by paul16v
Too true, I bet some of the cars that get posted up on here as 'stolen' aint....

As values rise it is always followed by bogus insurance claims

The rs market is flooded with many " clearing out my garage " posts

funny how these people have maore spares than i do and the posts get updated weekly

No wonder insurance is going through the roof

You only need to look at ebay , the best place in the world to sell stolen goods without a trace to the seller
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

weve had pikeys in our yard middle of the night towed a non runner isuzu pick up away the cheeky bastards, we now have full cctv, alarms, lights and a security gate in the only entrance.
its ridiculous what you have to do to protect your property from being stolen by scummers !
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 AM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The law only works for people like us who have somthing to lose, if you are a scummer you are untouchable , apart from prison that is never given as a sentence unless it is the millionth offence, nothing else worrys career criminals.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by matts1
if someone looks iffy and is following you, circle the block and see what they do, if they follow, sod off on a detour and loose them before coming back home.
I did that a few years ago in my FRST, imagine how my heart sank when the blue lights went on as I put distance between us. Fortunately the police officers believed what I told them so I didn't get done for the speeding
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM
jregturbo
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why does every one slate the "pikeys" i married one and she's lovely, she came home with her brother the other day and said "eyakidherkeytotrannyitsidenalogbuktho" which translate's "hello darling, here is your keys to your new van,if you get stopped by the police you found it!" i dont have to wait long and i get a new van anyway.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
saph cos rob
swindon rsoc

Originally Posted by booner999
a 4x4 Warrior in a light blue colour
oh my days! my mate got blocked in by some cock driving a light blue warrior a few month back, asking him to sell it etc irish accent, in the same week i had some irish accent lad in a transit trying to get me to sell my front lights off my works vw transporter van!!?? being really insistant too lol... and were not too far from you!

Last edited by saph cos rob; 10-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:19 PM
booner999
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

o dear, sounds like the same one. He must of twigged the car because he never waved anyone else down
Old 10-09-2012, 03:51 PM
TOOTALL
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jregturbo
why does every one slate the "pikeys" i married one and she's lovely, she came home with her brother the other day and said "eyakidherkeytotrannyitsidenalogbuktho" which translate's "hello darling, here is your keys to your new van,if you get stopped by the police you found it!" i dont have to wait long and i get a new van anyway.
He's got a Yorkshire accent by the sound of it?