General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A reliable classic friendly garage

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Zodiac Musichead
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A reliable classic friendly garage

Hi All!
I'm new here and make no bones about the fact that I know next to nothing about fixing cars; it's not that I don't want to learn - I just seem to destroy everything that I attempt to fix... So, rather than run the risk of my car turning to dust by me daring to attempt surgery on it, I'd sooner have it looked at by someone who knows what they're doing when things go wrong. Bearing that in mind, can any of you recommend a garage to take my beautiful Mk 4 Zodiac to for servicing etc.? I live in East London (Barking to be precise) so if anyone knows of or can recommend a garage that has a good track record of servicing classics (and in particular Mk 4 Zodiacs and Zephyrs) within a twenty to thirty mile radius of there, I would be ever so grateful.

I must say that, despite my lack of practical skill, I really enjoy reading the threads on this forum and learn something new every time I browse. You guys seem to have an endless knowledge about all things Ford!!

Kind Regards To You All.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome chap

If I were you I'd be scanning the classic car sites and go from there - they will likely have a better idea of who is who in that scene and who is good. Try Car & Classic or somewhere like that - and get some pictures of your car up here !
Old 09-08-2012, 08:25 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

give ROB@SCC a call. they do mostly modern RS's but they are a great bunch of guys who might be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction

they are based in st albans.

www.sccperformance.com

Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Zodiac Musichead
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankyou, Gentlemen! I'll start by giving that number a call and then start doing some detective work on Car & Classic etc. too!