General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

s14a 200sx problem..

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default s14a 200sx problem..

My mate has a 200sx s14a, today i've fitted fmic hks blow-off valve and all associated pipework, it sounds awesome, however, when flooring the accelerator it seems to hold back almost like it's cutting the power?

the blow off valve vacuuum pipes goes accross to the standard boost controller thingy, is that right? - the other pipe goes to the wastegate actuator and the other to the intake pipe. i'm sure this is correct but dont really know?

Car is standard low miles except, exhaust, filter, uprated fuel pump and decat. we've tried new plugs as not sure if the boost was blowing out the spark? runs fine when stationary and revs cleanly.

any ideas?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

As it's got an uprated fuel pump, my money's on boost leak. They're so common on these with standard intercoolers/pipework!
What plugs is he running? And what gap?

Edit-I think the vacuum pipe on the BOV is supposed to go the the inlet manifold, that's where it is standard on these.

Last edited by zetec-Sam; 04-08-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is there a restrictor pill in the standard vacuum hose and have you binned it?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:13 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Right see somone has been there before and the standard re-circ valve has been removed with a bolt wedged in the end of the pipe. This pipe goes back to the inlet, so maybe this needs to go to the bov?

If so where does the pipe go from the boost controller thingy? On the old pipework it went onto a boost pipe but there is no connection on the new pipework. Can I join this onto the inlet aswell do does it need to be before the throttle or does it not matter?
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Put the BOV to the inlet, where the standard pipe goes. The boost controller pipe should go on the inlet piping, before the throttle body. If needs be, you can get take off's that go in silicone hoses.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by James
Right see somone has been there before and the standard re-circ valve has been removed with a bolt wedged in the end of the pipe. This pipe goes back to the inlet, so maybe this needs to go to the bov?

If so where does the pipe go from the boost controller thingy? On the old pipework it went onto a boost pipe but there is no connection on the new pipework. Can I join this onto the inlet aswell do does it need to be before the throttle or does it not matter?
You need to add a fitting for it in a similar location to where it was originally if you want any chance of it working as it did before.

I know a kit a friend fitted years ago was the same, it had no takeoff for the boost control, which is a bit stupid really.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:55 AM
zippyobrien
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Might be hitting the fuel cut due to over boosting. Comes in quite early on these if not chipped.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers for the help lads, told him to get a take off from ebay that goes into the silicone hose but think I'll weld it into the pipe from the turbo-intercooler as there's kinda where it was before. And we I'll put the bof pipe to the inlet.
So yeah thanks for the help chaps!