General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Registering an imported car with no v5

Search this Thread

Old 17-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Malty123
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Registering an imported car with no v5

Hopeing someone can help me..

Stupidly.... I recently bought a dutch registered car with no log book, i did checks with the dutch register to make sure it wasnt stolen, scrapped etc and all is fine.

I now find out i cant register it in the uk without a log book or export certificate

I havent got the log book, and only the registered keeper in holland can get the export certificate.

Ive got no contact details for the registered keeper nor will the dutch dvla give them to me..data protection!

Any ideas, other than grind off the id and register it on a q plate as im now stuck with a car i cant really use

Thanks
Old 17-07-2012, 06:58 PM
RSargie
PassionFord Regular

Not sure on paperwork but for you can register it you have to take it for an mot test. Them book it in for a vic check and or an sva test depending on the year of the vehicle. After the vic check it will be assigned a reg number and a new log book will be issued.
Old 17-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Malty123
Virgin

Originally Posted by RSargie
Not sure on paperwork but for you can register it you have to take it for an mot test. Them book it in for a vic check and or an sva test depending on the year of the vehicle. After the vic check it will be assigned a reg number and a new log book will be issued.
Thanks, i spoke with dvla today though, and they said i need an export certificate if i dont have the original dutch v5..
Also fill in a v form( cant remember the number) valid mot on the chassis number, insurance, passport/ driving licence for id, its a 1989 vehicle so they dont need a certificate of conformity or vic / sva...

Any thoughts??