General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford dealer -1st and last time

Search this Thread

Old 18-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Ford dealer -1st and last time

Today i had my 07 plate ford transit booked in at a ford main dealer in basildon. The main key is worn and the ignition barrell also needs replacing,its done 132,000 miles. So 8.30 i drop the van off and explain what needed doing,ie please do the above . I needed the van back for 5pm for work so asked if i could colllect it around 4pm . So at 4pm i drop a guy off i work with to collect the van , about 4.30 pm he turns up at the yard ...............The van key and barrell have not been replaced , but he did have to pay £114.97 for fords to tell us the above work needs doing

So we now have FORD headed paper telling us to book the van in for the above work to be carried out, WHAT a bloody joke and is it worth me calling the service manager tomorrow ?????????
Old 18-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

WTF.

I certainly wouldnt have paid.

You havent asked for a diagnostic or checks to be carried out so they simply cannot charge for them.
Old 18-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Go in there and smash the place up!

Then tell them what you have told us and get it done right!
Old 18-04-2012, 09:41 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cheeky bastards.. get on the blower to the Service Manager in the morning and explain that you're extremely unhappy that you were charged for them to type out a receipt/advisory which describes, almost word for word, what you had already identified as the problem and asked them to rectify a few hours earlier.

It could possibly be a mis-communication... so I wouldn't go in all guns blazing to start with, but if he/she is being a twat about it, then I'd find it hard not to set it off.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 18-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Eigdoog
Go in there and smash the place up!

Then tell them what you have told us and get it done right!
I wouldnt go that far , the guy who paid thought the work i asked to be carried out had been done. seeing as they had the van for the day
Old 18-04-2012, 09:42 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Same as my mates Navara...

we diagnosed a snapped alternator shaft (common fault on them supposedly) it still worked but it was making weird noises and we pin pointed it visually..anyway He phones Nissan, tells them what the prob was and if he can book it in for a replacement part as it's covered under warranty. Yes no problem sir, we will plug our diagnostic machine into it at £45.00 and see what the problem is..."Err no you won't, as I have told you what's wrong already, whatesmore how can diagnostic software tell you a metal shaft has snapped?"...we need to do this proceedure it will be £45.00 plus labour.......awayandtakeafucktoyourself
Old 18-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah sod it ill see what mood im in when i wake up, i need the work done and may tell them to take it off the final bill

Trending Topics

Old 18-04-2012, 10:37 PM
rstdave
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had similar on my old citroen berlingo....cooling fans were on constant which i obviously told them beforehand, and they would need the van for a whole day to complete the work (which lets be honest couldn't be too hard to rectify lol). End of day same as you picked the van up to be given a £100 bill for diagnosing what was wrong and would have to book the van in again for the work lol
I can't stand main dealers and the ridiculous charges/procedures they seem to follow.
Seems it's standard to charge an obligitory £100 odd just to diagnose what's required regardless of what you tell them so don't know quite how well you will get on....good luck!!