General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

just goes to show you'll never work people out

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I would hit the wall

Even if that was my SHIT MG that i hate! If it came back like that i would not be happy at all!

WHAT A CUNT!!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 PM
trev1964
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't have stopped myself, would have smacked the twat!
Pisstake that mate, really feel for ya.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:55 PM
2star
Regular Contributor

Kindness will be always assumed as weakness, hes just seen your soft and an easy ride and used it to his advantage, if that was me it would have come back spotless, with any damage either rectified or apologised for, and with fuel in the tank and say half the money towards the next tax.. i wouldnt speak to him again either.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:01 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Saying that about long term friendships I've found the minute money's involved people's true colours really show through.
One of the first cars I did in the business was for a "mate" of 14 years through work.only a shit ford probe but he treated this thing like it was a ferarri.
Did a full repaint in gloss black on it and to credit the boy working for me it was a really good job,we did door shuts,wheel refurb,primed near enough the whole car (which as you'll know in paint terms is rare when there's no colour change).he even bought parts from coventry which I picked up for him as coincidently I was buying my ml up there that week,no charge for that.
When I sat down and worked the bill out it was getting a bit scary,looking like Ł1600 with everything,so I phoned and said where we were looking and he stormed down trying to pick holes,it got pathetic in the end,he'd asked me to spray the wiper arms as good spares were hard to find,I explained that they would soon rust back through but did it anyway, he comes down a month later complaining,then he reckoned some of the paint wasnt shiny UNDER the bumper,there was a dust spot here and there etc.
Everyone I saw thought the car looked mint and I agreed.
He had an entire Saturday on my ramp for free fitting brakes and doing a service and then we spoke about the bill and he went potty,told me he'd only paid Ł1300 for the car and therefore it was impossible for me to charge more.
After much arguing and me stupidly giving in we agreed on Ł950 labour plus parts,the boys in the workshop went mad saying how much work they'd done and where was the bonus he'd personally promised them.
Que then him ringing every few days trying to find more and more problems with it that had nothing to do with the sprayjob,complaining about the mechanical work HE had done,that a previous oil leak had got worse,there was petrol missing and I ended up just telling him I wasn't doing anymore work on the car and he was taking the piss.

Never heard from him again,threw a friendship away over nothing but with friends like that who needs enemies?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
2star
Regular Contributor

Its true about the money side of things too, ive had a couple of friends over the years that when ive had money to go out, petrol or things on offer as a friend these couple of friends are knocking at my door, but when moneys tight and things go a bit dry, and theyve got spare money to go out and do stuff i was usually the last one to get a phonecall..

I also learnt the hardway and lost friends through working together, living together and because of women. The moment a ' mate ' gets a new woman all the priority switches onto her, she comes first and aslong as she is happy and it means you as a alleged best mate are left out, till she goes and cheats or leaves him then said best mate comes knocking again.

Ive learnt now at my time in life you only need yourself, and close family, anyone else take with a pinch of salt and tread carefully, because everyone at some point steps on someone elses toes to get that little bit further out of, or in life.

Sad world we live in.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 2star
Its true about the money side of things too, ive had a couple of friends over the years that when ive had money to go out, petrol or things on offer as a friend these couple of friends are knocking at my door, but when moneys tight and things go a bit dry, and theyve got spare money to go out and do stuff i was usually the last one to get a phonecall..

I also learnt the hardway and lost friends through working together, living together and because of women. The moment a ' mate ' gets a new woman all the priority switches onto her, she comes first and aslong as she is happy and it means you as a alleged best mate are left out, till she goes and cheats or leaves him then said best mate comes knocking again.

Ive learnt now at my time in life you only need yourself, and close family, anyone else take with a pinch of salt and tread carefully, because everyone at some point steps on someone elses toes to get that little bit further out of, or in life.

Sad world we live in.

Absoloutly spot on! Its very sad!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Boot carpet has come up clean again after a soaking and a steam clean

Just gotta get to scrap yard for the damaged parts next week and ill have it back to its normal condition
Old 11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
dobermann1234
WRC S1cos coming soon!!!

i didnt realise it was that bad m8

we only learn off our own mistakes bro!

jay
Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dobermann1234
i didnt realise it was that bad m8

we only learn off our own mistakes bro!

jay
Yeah its bad Jay
2 hours just vacuming just to get carpet/mats clean only to find its stained aswell
gonna have to borrow a carpet shampooer or get the valeter's in .
Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 PM
2star
Regular Contributor

I scrapped one of these before Christmas i got given to me with blown rings, was an earlier one though, if id had still had it id have gave you the parts needed.. always the way. Boot carpet came up a treat, the parts you need shouldnt be too much, some scrapyards can be prats though and refuse to sell one part of the interior or one door panel as they think it renders the rest of the interior useless and will only sell it as a complete interior, all the best with it though
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
whizzisat114
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers m8
the scrapyards round here are ok'ish i should'nt have too much trouble picking the bits up
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

what a cunt