General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

4x4 saphs - any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I stilk think you cant compare old technology in the cossies compared to jap technology.The japs are way ahead of most car manufactures with there technology.

For over 20year old technology in the cossies i think the 4x4 system is good.

And yes i have driven a fair few performance cars in my past.I worked for mitsuBUSHi for a few months and have driven a freinds impreza.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 AM
weegaz22
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think from a budget to performance point of view you just cant beat the jap stuff like evo's with AYC as a pure point to point weapon ..but....

no-one really buys cossies from that point of view anymore (imo), their largely bought cos people have a passion/love for them, cos they can put a grin on their face like a ten year old because when your driving a 25 year old 380bhp car with a chassis with as much structural strength as a soggy cornflake packet it makes you feel like a rally god
with the evo you'd be going faster...but would you have as big a grin across your face?

sure cossies are still a capable car, but i dont think their great value for money vs an evo...from a purely budget to performance point of view
Old 03-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

no-one really buys cossies from that point of view anymore (imo), their largely bought cos people have a passion/love for them, cos they can put a grin on their face like a ten year old because when your driving a 25 year old 380bhp car with a chassis with as much structural strength as a soggy cornflake packet it makes you feel like a rally god
with the evo you'd be going faster...but would you have as big a grin across your face?

sure cossies are still a capable car, but i dont think their great value for money vs an evo...from a purely budget to performance point of view[/QUOTE]

Totally agree

Last edited by Robs Frst; 03-12-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:42 AM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd get one and try it their great cars if you buy a tidy one. I prefer my 2wd but would have a 4x4 aswell as it,definitely before a scooby or Evo, that's my personal opinion as least u can repair the Cossie yourself and their not every where. A good 4x4 stage 3 saff goes very well and it takes a lot more power in an Evo or Subaru to go faster, I have experience of that!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Caprigirl
Drift Queen

Buy what you want , what makes you happy

Everyone will have a different opinion , but that's just it , an point of view , nothing more , nothing less.

I bought my 4x4 Saff as a daily , it can put a smile on my face daily and is fairly surefooted for daily driving . I have a skyline GTST too and although its real good fun , you have to be on the ball the whole time or it will catch you out.

I loved my scooby but it just didn't have that feel good factor that the saff has, not to mention all the looks it gets.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Cosworth Lad
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robs Frst

sure cossies are still a capable car, but i dont think their great value for money vs an evo...from a purely budget to performance point of view

Totally agree[/quote]
A mate of a mate had about 7evos mainly 6s he smashed most of them or blew them up so all the experience iv had are bad lol the evos seem very fast its only when your about in your cossie thats when you think nothing in it really .
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
CHUNKYS RS
Regular Contributor

i can't see how people keep saying they wasted other cars in thier cossies around town without knowing 100% the other person is giving it death, maybe they just had smaller balls unless it,s on a track or strip i don't see how
with regards to 4x4 cossies i think nowadays unless you are going to spank some serious money on one there is a lot of modern cars that would stay with one people just don't like to admit it

Last edited by CHUNKYS RS; 04-12-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling