General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Autoglym and Dodo Juice Products Conflicting?

Search this Thread

Old 15-11-2011, 06:29 AM
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Autoglym and Dodo Juice Products Conflicting?

Well first off, im not too clued up when it comes to car cleaning, and over the last few months ive tried to greater my understanding of car washing, polishing and detailing, and ive managed to get a rough blackboard looking black car back up to near perfect finish and i havent even used a machine on it.

Ive tried several different polishes and waxes, mainly autoglym and megs as i get it pretty cheap.

Ive gone from using a bucket and a sponge with washing up liquid as soap, to the 2 bucket method, microfibre wash mitt, microfibre washing towel, megs shampoo and its been going well, claying too.

Id been using autoglym super resin, i tried poorboys black hole and as of late id tried autoglym ultra deep shine, id been using dodo juice purple haze wax too.

Obviously not all at the same time, over the past few months id tried these different products, and i was absolutely stunned by how deep and wet a shine i got from the autoglym ultra deep shine, smells disgusting like chlorine, but i got a 1 litre bottle of it for £9, the car hadnt been washed for about a month, and id off roaded it down some farm track a few times, so i basically jetwashed all the mud i could off it, gently washed it using the 2 bucket method, clayed it, washed and dried again, this is when i used the ultra deep shine, with astounding results, now ill admit im not too clued up on what is in ultra deep shine or if its a polish or what, but i tried after using the ultra deep shine, waxing it with the dodo juice purple haze.

Looked absolutely stunning, that was until i touched the paintwork the next day, then i got a smear, i tried with the sleeve of my fleecy top, rubbing out the smear, and ended up making a bigger smear

In the end i ended up washing the car again with hot water and drying it, it hasnt smeared again but maybe there was some sort of clash between the ultra deep shine and the dodo juice wax? Or did i do something i wasnt supposed to have done?