General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Getting tucked up after a crash?

Search this Thread

Old 17-10-2011, 08:29 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Getting tucked up after a crash?

A while back my mate had a bump, caught the side of a car coming out of a junction.

He stops, makes sure everyone is ok and gives his details over, the insurance take it over and thats the end of that right??

Well now he has had some paperwork sent direct to him from the other personals ambulance chaser stating they are starting court proceedings against him for personal injury???

The paperwork is all photocopies and just looks a bit dowloaded a although all worded well, but just seems a bit iffy, the letter from the solicitor also looks a bit home made. Startes they want between £1500 and £3k compo off him

Told him to pass it across to his insurance, he is awaiting a call back but they have said that £15k has already been paid out on that case. If it is genuine, will he be covered or will his insurance claim it is a personal thing between him and the thirdy party?

Get the feeling the insurance may have rejected any injury claim as the doctor reports seem to be very dismissive of the third party claims of injury, and so maybe they are trying to go direct at him.

He is raging, does the right thing, no contest and they do that
Old 17-10-2011, 08:36 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

let the insurance company deal with it

forward everything on to them, and don't answer any letters sent to you directly

my mate got hit by a guy who was overtaking another car and when it went to court 5 of them turned up claiming personal injury when the police had only recorded 2 occupants

needless to say, they got fucked up but it just shows you the lengths these bastids will go to
Old 17-10-2011, 08:41 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Sickening, He is going to send it all on but just wondered if they are likely to back away if they are under the impression they have closed the case.
Old 17-10-2011, 09:01 PM
dojj

mine came to bite me in the arse 4 years later

old duffer rear ended me and then not only did he "forget" to tell his insurance company that he wanted to fight the case, they'd gone bust or something and so he got someone else involved

went to county court and the judge had already made up his mind that i was guilty even though all the evidence (that the old codger had provided) totally blew his case out of the water, he claimed he had seen me through 50 feet of stone and concrete and even the damage to his car was significantly greater than the damage to mine (mine was repaired for £1.06p, his damage came to about £1400)

needless to say the bill came to about £4k and even though i had to pay it, i simply passed it onto my insurance company who then forked out as they said it would cost them more to send another legal bod out to fight the case
Old 17-10-2011, 10:33 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

And dont forget to set fire to the cunts house.
Old 19-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its bollocks, any injury you have when you have an accident must be recorded right away, if thay have paid out allready there is fuck all thay can do about it as its been settled

Last edited by Rs Baz; 19-10-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 19-10-2011, 07:13 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
And dont forget to set fire to the cunts house.
been there, done that, it's so easy to get caught nowadays you need to buy some junkies to do it

not that i'm condoning that sort of action mind
Old 19-10-2011, 07:21 PM
bishbashbosh
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to ambulance chasing culture, an American influence and its going to get alot worse before it goes away!

I have been involved of loads of accidents (some my fault and some not) and I have never once claimed a penny because its upsetting enough to have an accident without dragging it on even longer just for financial gain.