General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

new car/ford dealer problem advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Rst tyrone
zetec turbo

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default new car/ford dealer problem advice needed

basically we've just brought a white 61 plate fiesta tdci zetec with all the optional extra's from our local ford dealer went to see the car today as were supposed to collect it next saturday upon inspection theres a chip in the paint under the rear lamp and the spolier looks faded fords answer is oh well we'll get chips away to come and fix it and do the spoiler
i really dont want the paint messed with as its a brand new car and some of these dent devil/chips away people are not the best. what's the best thing to do reject the car and kick up a fuss or just let chips away do the work ???
Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM
mk1turboestate
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

i wouldnt have chips away do it, either a bodyshop or tell them you want a car that hasnt had paintwork
Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Patto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They canLet them do the work and if your not happy then reject the car!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Rst tyrone
zetec turbo

Originally Posted by mk1turboestate
i wouldnt have chips away do it, either a bodyshop or tell them you want a car that hasnt had paintwork
nitemare mate had to wait 6 weeks for this one to arrive at the local dealer
Old 11-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Patto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of brand new cars have dents repaired from transit on the transporters but there repaired before you get to see them!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 PM
mk1turboestate

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

all im saying is i wouldnt except it, i have had it before on a brand new car i bought and you always notice the area, and it may not be at first
Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Rst tyrone
zetec turbo

Originally Posted by mk1turboestate
all im saying is i wouldnt except it, i have had it before on a brand new car i bought and you always notice the area, and it may not be at first
thats what pisses me off ill always know its there and there never the same once they've had paint

Trending Topics

Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Patto
They canLet them do the work and if your not happy then reject the car!
This.

Agree to let them try and rectify the problem in a Ford approved bodyshop, but make them very aware that if you aren't completely happy with the finish on the repair, you'll reject the car. If they are still happy to take the gamble, then crack on... and don't be afraid to turn the car away if it's not perfect when repaired though.

Alternatively, if they're not happy that there is a chance you'll reject the car if you're not happy after they pay for a repair then reject the car on the spot... end of the day, it's a Ford Fiesta, so I'm sure there are plenty other dealers who will be keen to chalk up another sale on their books so don't be afraid to walk from the initial dealer if they start being cunty about it.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 11-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Rst tyrone
zetec turbo

Originally Posted by RS Grant
This.

Agree to let them try and rectify the problem in a Ford approved bodyshop, but make them very aware that if you aren't completely happy with the finish on the repair, you'll reject the car. If they are still happy to take the gamble, then crack on... and don't be afraid to turn the car away if it's not perfect when repaired though.

Alternatively, if they're not happy that there is a chance you'll reject the car if you're not happy after they pay for a repair then reject the car on the spot... end of the day, it's a Ford Fiesta, so I'm sure there are plenty other dealers who will be keen to chalk up another sale on their books so don't be afraid to walk from the initial dealer if they start being cunty about it.

Cheers,
Grant
cheers bud took us ages going around all the dealers to get the best deal etc and actually got this one for a fair price compared to some dont fancy goin threw all that again