General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Alan Jeffrey engineering does it again (Subaru)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:24 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martynj
Personally, I'd say you should butt out.
As usual, idiots like you sit on the sidelines, doing absolutely nothing original, carping on like you know something.
Over the thirty years I've been in business, I've made the odd mistake, shock horror. Most of it is down to judgement calls, and nothing to do with the desire to do a good job. If you think anyone can make any kind of mark in tuning circles without having the occasional transaction going wrong for all kinds of reasons, you're a sad individual who needs to do some growing up instead of defending somebody who doesn't need it.
Neil and I had long discussions at the time, (Four years ago!) and dealt with the situation that had arisen. Bear in mind the car came in for other issues as well, and we were asked to make it safe for the SVA test, and nothing else. I haven't heard of him throwing up on internet forums, it's only you, Mr. Pillock.

Ref. the Graph. It isn't definitive, we haven't finished, the car is still here. I understand Gus's enthusiasm. That figure isn't the highest we've seen from our testing. The dyno results are from the machine, and the sensor picked up that temperature as a result of a SEVEN HUNDRED HORSEPOWER car running in a confined space. Power production equals heat.. The temp sensor was merely hanging from the post, and picked up heat from the retarder. Big deal.

Martyn is at the cutting edge of a great deal of tuning, much more than you realise. We have given tuning feedback to a number of top companies, including setting up test and demo cars for the likes of Turbo Technics and Cosworth. We are currently running front running engines in the Pro class Time Attack series.

This is what I think. I think you need to get something off your chest. I'm always here at 1, Valley Rd. Plympton. If you have anything to say, just drop in and let's get it over with.
Other than that, shut the fuck up.

Alan Jeffery Managing Director Enginetuner Ltd.
What a way to put people off usuing you! Coming on here and writing that hasn't helped you one bit...
Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Enginetuner
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an aside, I'll stick to just a few recent successes by Enginetuner.

Subaru.
Paul Doyle
Winning Pro Class Time Attack car using an Enginetuner power plant.

Evo.
Tim Clarke
Won 11 from 14 races in the Nippon Challenge series. Head work, mapping and turbo from Enginetuner.

Mini.
Chris Slade
Mighty Mini Championship winner. Set up entirely on the Enginetuner dyno.

Hot Rod.
Mike Couch
1932 Flathead Ford. European Drag Racing Record holder. Holley injection mapped by Martyn.

Sierra Cosworth
Graham Myers
Classic Touring car championship. 2nd overall, Class winner. Enginetuner power plant, mapped by Martyn using Gems.

I could go on and on..
Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Alan, you possibly didnt read the rules to this forum properly while you were hastily signing up all excited at the chance to call people names on the internet, but if you want to advertise your business on here you can do so with a trade account:

https://passionford.com/index.php?pa...rader_accounts

The rules of the forum prevent unpaid members from using it for advertising though.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Enginetuner

Originally Posted by Chip
Alan, you possibly didnt read the rules to this forum properly while you were hastily signing up all excited at the chance to call people names on the internet, but if you want to advertise your business on here you can do so with a trade account:

https://passionford.com/index.php?pa...rader_accounts

The rules of the forum prevent unpaid members from using it for advertising though.
I don't see it as advertising, I'm defending my position against unwarranted attacks from the likes of you.
Unlike yourself, who happily goes around doing amateur business without paying the fee, I'm more than willing to pay the man as I do on the other forums.
I've already sent the PM in fact.

I'd like to point out that I have never been banned from any forum.

Last edited by Enginetuner; 06-11-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 06-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Enginetuner
I don't see it as advertising, I'm defending my position against unwarranted attacks from the likes of you.
Unlike yourself, who happily goes around doing amateur business without paying the fee, I'm more than willing to pay the man as I do on the other forums.
I've already sent the PM in fact.
I've never collected any paid work from any of the forums Im on as it happens Alan, Ive maped quite a few people on here's cars, but have only ever done so free of charge to people on here who are my friends and I was doign a favour for (much like Neil from the Vauxhall forum who's car I corrected after you bodged it up and left it undriveable. and I also then mapped on the turbo engine for him that he fitted later on, again absolutely free of charge)
As per my my reply earlier, im only on here as an enthusiast, not anything else, I have far more work at the moment than I have hours in the weekIm prepared to spend working already so the last thing I want is to tout for any sort of business on a forum.

I havent seen any unwarrented attacks for you to defend against TBH, Ive seen Jay saying his Evo was mapped very badly by you, and Ive seen me saying Neils car was very badly mapped by you, and Ive seen in contrast Gus saying his car was mapped well by you. And me follwing that up by saying if he is still happy now that temperatures have changed, its also a good sign (as I said earlier, Im only here to be honest, wether that be positive or negative, im absolutely NOTHING like you seem to have me penned as being or why would it be me introducing that fact about this car you mapped and the change in recent weather showing it in a positive light?)

Thats just people all giving their honest opinions, nothing more or less than that.

Do you believe anyone has ever said anything on here about you which isnt true, if so perhaps you could point out what it was?

So far you seem to have made a lot of untrue claims about myself moonlighting for work, or doing nothing original or being out to get you or being troll or a pillock etc, but thats the only unwarrented attacks ive seen on this thread (well other than me being a pillock I suppose, you're entitled to an opinon although you seem to only base it on inaccurate assumptions), all the comments about yourself (both good and bad) seem to have been pretty accurate from what I can see.

Last edited by Chip; 06-11-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:53 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Chip, can you get screen shots of the map on Neil's car?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Enginetuner

I've never collected any "amateur" paid work from any of the forums Im on as it happens Alan, Ive maped quite a few people on here's cars, but have only ever done so free of charge to people on here who are my friends and I was doign a favour for (much like Neil frmo the Vauxhall forum who's car I corrected after you bodged it up and left it undriveable.
As per my my reply earlier, im only on here as an enthusiast, not anything else, I have far more work at the moment than I have hours in the weekIm prepared to spend working already so the last thing I want is to tout for any sort of business on a forum.

I havent seen any unwarrented attacks for you to defend against TBH, Ive seen Jay saying his Evo was mapped very badly by you, and Ive seen me saying Neils car was very badly mapped by you, and Ive seen in contrast Gus saying his car was mapped well by you.
Thats just people all giving their honest opinions, nothing more or less than that.

Do you believe anyone has ever said anything on here about you which isnt true, if so perhaps you could point out what it was?
All of it, if you take the clear inference in your post. Your initial comments were defamatory and derogatory, and worse than that unnecessary and inflammatory, being totally out of context. If someone had asked you an opinion you would have been free to give it, but not in this case. All the man was doing was saying how happy he was about this mate's car.
How dare you.
This isn't the first time you've had a go at me over ancient history is it? when are you going to grow up?
You expect me to lie down and take it? I'm not going to. Your card is marked, and sooner or later you're going to have to face me with it, unless you concede that your post was inappropriate.
You've hidden behind a keyboard for the last time.

The trouble is, we all know you get off on this kind of thing. 42000 posts? Just a bit sad really.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:58 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

All of it, if you take the clear inference in your post. Your initial comments were defamatory and derogatory, and worse than that unnecessary and inflammatory, being totally out of context. If someone had asked you an opinion you would have been free to give it, but not in this case. All the man was doing was saying how happy he was about this mate's car.
How dare you.
This isn't the first time you've had a go at me over ancient history is it? when are you going to grow up?
You expect me to lie down and take it? I'm not going to. Your card is marked, and sooner or later you're going to have to face me with it, unless you concede that your post was inappropriate.

The trouble is, we all know you get off on this kind of thing. 42000 posts? Just a bit sad really.
do you agree that Neil's Map was awful though?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Chip - when you were banned I did start threads and make posts giving the mods a bit of stick for what seemed like an unnecessary banning, but this just all seems even more unnecessary. It reminds me of that program about tripadvisor the other week... all the people on that had something in common. Their anal, neurotic reviews were all about the power and the kick they got when writing them. Despite what you'll no doubt say to the contrary, I think honestly, in your heart of hearts, you know this is why you get into these things.

It's just all a bit OTT. I just can't see what benefit there could be to bringing that up on here.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:02 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Many thanks, and well done for pointing that out.

In life, you meet many types of people. Some of them have social problems. A lack of inner strength can lead them to pick on other people in an attempt to improve their standing. Usually, they don't have the courage to do this face to face, so they resort to the supposed anonymous nature of the keyboard to carry out their campaigns. In an open forum they also have the pleasure of exciting those who share their condition, leading the others into their inner sanctum, and their ultimate goal of inciting a lynching. The result leaves them feeling empowered, with kindred spirits left in awe of their intellect.
You may call it bullying, as being the nature of the act. I'd say "trolling" sums it up nicely.

I'll admit I don't suffer fools, which may well have been why I airily dismissed a certain person as a dreamer many years ago. He still hasn't got over it obviously.

I can't imagine why it was considered OK to have a go on a public forum, considering the initial purpose of the post was to share someone's pleasure in their car with fellow members of what is supposed to be a car enthusiast's venue.

If anyone on here would like to have a pop about any transaction made with them personally, I'd say a PM is a good place to start if you have a genuine grievance. Other than that it's the usual dross, hearsay, and trolls back slapping each other.
You still didn't quash Chip's comments about your map. All you've done is throw your toys out the pram.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
Chip, can you get screen shots of the map on Neil's car?
Not sure if I still have a copy or not, will have to have a look on my old laptop as have changed since then.

Wasnt much to look at though, was a few rows of all one value for every rpm site, than another few load rows all at one value, tatwith literally only 4 unique values in total in the whole map.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Enginetuner

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
do you agree that Neil's Map was awful though?
Blimey, I'd struggle to recall anything from that long ago, particularly as I wasn't able to take any part in the discussion.
We constantly have at least 20 cars on the go for a start.
Yes, I remember the car. There were problems with it, by no means all to do with "mapping". He had trouble with an exhaust supplied by somebody who shared premises with us at the time. The car was brand new. We were trying to help the guy. We didn't charge him to "map" it, only the time spent. The sole object at the time was to end up with an SVA CO figure, and Neil was stressed out with other things on the car as well, the same as anybody else who tries to get an SVA. (Try it with the new version of the test!)
We'd done what we were going to do and the car left. We didn't hear anything for some time, until this "Chip" popped up like a jack in the box going on and on like it was his car. His attitude wasn't one of assistance, he just wanted to make a point about something and he's still doing it five years later. He had a go at us over some imagined slight he felt had happened previously. My memory fails, but it was something like me disagreeing with something he said about his Astra.
He's kept that grudge all this time! Amazing.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:12 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Not sure if I still have a copy or not, will have to have a look on my old laptop as have changed since then.

Wasnt much to look at though, was a few rows of all one value for every rpm site, than another few load rows all at one value, tatwith literally only 4 unique values in total in the whole map.
i'd post what you have and then ask them to defend it. It seems to me you are getting a hard time from them for their shit work!

Just from reading this thread you can tell their attitude is totally wrong
Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Chip

It was only when he replied to me saying "I think Martyn knows hows to operate a dyno" that I replied giving my counter opinion of Martyn.

Before that my only input was to make a joke about if you had moved to dubai as the intake temps were so high.

How dare you.
My post is ENTIRELY appropriate, you took someones money to map their car, and then utterly failed to do so, leaving him with a car that he literally couldnt use until I had gone down and mapped it properly for him.

Im not hiding behind anything, the last time you started telling me you didnt like me posting honestly on a forum about your utter failure to map Neil's car you got my phone number and I told you EXACTLY the same thing over the phone, and if you ever bring it up with me face to face I will say EXACTLY the same totally honest thing again. I have no interest in being anything other than totally factual about things such as mapping.

The main thing I "get off on" TBH is helping people, wether that be in person, on the internet or in magazine articles.
You on the other hand, seem to only get off on banking cheques, and couldnt give a shit about the appauling quality of your work.

As I have said before, if your son has since learnt to actually map properly, which means you must now know the difference, why dont you just admit that you totally and utterly failed Neil when he trusted you with his car?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:20 PM
gordyshreds
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

just to add a completely unbiassed opinion to this thread, Chip, would it not be a good idea to PM or call Allan to discuss/argue whatever it is you are trying to achieve? Gus has posted to say how chuffed he is with his new engine and you seem to have overtaken his thread talking about some work from 4 years ago or something. I know it is a discussion forum, but no need to mess up the thread with a personal argument? Surely that is what the phone/face to face is for. Just my thoughts. I wouldn't normally post something like this but am ill so time to kill!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Enginetuner

It was only when he replied to me saying "I think Martyn knows hows to operate a dyno" that I replied giving my counter opinion of Martyn.

Before that my only input was to make a joke about if you had moved to dubai as the intake temps were so high.

My post is ENTIRELY appropriate, you took someones money to map their car, and then utterly failed to do so, leaving him with a car that he literally couldnt use until I had gone down and mapped it properly for him.

Im not hiding behind anything, the last time you started telling me you didnt like me posting honestly on a forum about your utter failure to map Neil's car you got my phone number and I told you EXACTLY the same thing over the phone, and if you ever bring it up with me face to face I will say EXACTLY the same totally honest thing again. I have no interest in being anything other than totally factual about things such as mapping.

The main thing I "get off on" TBH is helping people, wether that be in person, on the internet or in magazine articles.
You on the other hand, seem to only get off on banking cheques, and couldnt give a shit about the appauling quality of your work.

As I have said before, if your son has since learnt to actually map properly, which means you must now know the difference, why dont you just admit that you totally and utterly failed Neil when he trusted you with his car?
We did not charge Neil to MAP his car. We did not claim that it had been mapped. He wasn't charged for mapping it, and in any event the bill contained references to other work.
None of this was anything to do with you.
Please put your cock away now, you've pulled it enough for one day.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Chip

Blimey, I'd struggle to recall anything from that long ago, particularly as I wasn't able to take any part in the discussion.
We constantly have at least 20 cars on the go for a start.
Yes, I remember the car. There were problems with it, by no means all to do with "mapping". He had trouble with an exhaust supplied by somebody who shared premises with us at the time. The car was brand new. We were trying to help the guy. We didn't charge him to "map" it, only the time spent. The sole object at the time was to end up with an SVA CO figure, and Neil was stressed out with other things on the car as well, the same as anybody else who tries to get an SVA. (Try it with the new version of the test!)
We'd done what we were going to do and the car left. We didn't hear anything for some time, until this "Chip" popped up like a jack in the box going on and on like it was his car. His attitude wasn't one of assistance, he just wanted to make a point about something and he's still doing it five years later. He had a go at us over some imagined slight he felt had happened previously. My memory fails, but it was something like me disagreeing with something he said about his Astra.
He's kept that grudge all this time! Amazing.

He came away with a rolling road graph showing a power figure (160 ish BHP IIRC, pretty poor for that spec of engine) and a car that wouldnt start and then when eventually coaxed into life it wouldnt idle because you had unplugged the air intake sensor as you apparently couldnt understand what Mark Shead had told you about how to calibrate it when you phoned him asking for help.
The only reason it got through the SVA was because I corrected these errors.

Ive no idea what you are on about saying something you disagreed with about my astra, seeing that the only astra's ive ever owned were 15 years ago and I certainly dont ever remember discussing any of them with you.

It must be someone else with a grudge against you that you are referring to (doesnt seem from this thread like the world is short of people with reasons to have a grudge against you so I can see why it might be misleading) but certainly wasnt me.

Last edited by Chip; 06-11-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by gordyshreds
just to add a completely unbiassed opinion to this thread, Chip, would it not be a good idea to PM or call Allan to discuss/argue whatever it is you are trying to achieve? Gus has posted to say how chuffed he is with his new engine and you seem to have overtaken his thread talking about some work from 4 years ago or something. I know it is a discussion forum, but no need to mess up the thread with a personal argument? Surely that is what the phone/face to face is for. Just my thoughts. I wouldn't normally post something like this but am ill so time to kill!
Im not trying to "achieve" anything mate, the only reason I keep replying to Alan is he keeps being dishonest about me and what Im saying.

My replies on this thread were very brief until Alan came on and started insulting me, its only since then I have been replying in any detail about what I was referring to, purely to justify my reason for my comments.

Im happy to drop it as soon as Alan stops trying to make out im saying anything untrue when I of course am not.

With regards to Gus's car, sounds great and if you look in this thread you'll see ive only made positive comments about it other than the joke about the intake temperature.

Last edited by Chip; 06-11-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Chip

We did not charge Neil to MAP his car. We did not claim that it had been mapped. He wasn't charged for mapping it, and in any event the bill contained references to other work.
None of this was anything to do with you.
Please put your cock away now, you've pulled it enough for one day.
He told me that he was charged for mapping it to pass the SVA (which it couldnt when you had finished with it as it wouldnt even start) and for also of course for driving it to Taunton to the SVA centre with (which he couldnt do either) , and he was also given a power graph which you claimed was from his car run up on your rollers after you had finished with it.

Last edited by Chip; 06-11-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Many thanks, and well done for pointing that out.

In life, you meet many types of people. Some of them have social problems. A lack of inner strength can lead them to pick on other people in an attempt to improve their standing. Usually, they don't have the courage to do this face to face, so they resort to the supposed anonymous nature of the keyboard to carry out their campaigns. In an open forum they also have the pleasure of exciting those who share their condition, leading the others into their inner sanctum, and their ultimate goal of inciting a lynching. The result leaves them feeling empowered, with kindred spirits left in awe of their intellect.
You may call it bullying, as being the nature of the act. I'd say "trolling" sums it up nicely.

I'll admit I don't suffer fools, which may well have been why I airily dismissed a certain person as a dreamer many years ago. He still hasn't got over it obviously.

I can't imagine why it was considered OK to have a go on a public forum, considering the initial purpose of the post was to share someone's pleasure in their car with fellow members of what is supposed to be a car enthusiast's venue.

If anyone on here would like to have a pop about any transaction made with them personally, I'd say a PM is a good place to start if you have a genuine grievance. Other than that it's the usual dross, hearsay, and trolls back slapping each other.
Or it could be Chip one of the most Technical guys on this Forum has caught this Jeffery outfit out. Maybe your replies give a good indication of your attitude as a Tuner ie. It stinks, if i were you i would go away & get your act together.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For what it's worth, in my opinion it seems that Chip was reacting to comments made towards him rather than actively provoking an argument here.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 06-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
For what it's worth, in my opinion it seems that Chip was reacting to comments made towards him rather than actively provoking an argument here.

Cheers,
Grant

There's a first for everything
Old 06-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Enginetuner

He told me that he was charged for mapping it to pass the SVA (which it couldnt when you had finished with it as it wouldnt even start) and for also of course for driving it to Taunton to the SVA centre with (which he couldnt do either) , and he was also given a power graph which you claimed was from his car run up on your rollers after you had finished with it.
I understand there is a version of what may or may not have taken place five years ago. I honestly don't know what it is or isn't.
Many times I've seen people kicking off on forums when there are actually many reasons why a sequence of events may have occurred.
I objected to you describing a situation as "fuckingly negligent" and no surprise, it went downhill from there.
You've had plenty of chances to avoid unpleasantness.
You could have;

Not said anything, considering the post was about a Subaru on a Ford forum, and you're banging on about a Vauxhall engine in a Westfield!

Moderated your language, maybe indicating that a friend of yours may have had a small difficulty with a home built car five years ago, but then there are many sides to every story.

But no, you used strong language from the off, playing up to the crowd.
You say you're here to "help people". No, you aren't, you're here to make yourself look less pathetic than you otherwise would appear to the average bystander.
I've no doubt you have plenty of time on your hands, read a lot, and have learned some useful information from it.
I note you've been banned from this forum, I wonder why?
If you really want to help, just stick to offering advice when asked and leave the trolling activities to the saddos on "Trip Advisor".

I don't propose to add any more to this ridiculous conversation, other than to say that working with Gus was a pleasure, and I'm sorry to see that you decided to go points scoring at his expense.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Chip

I understand there is a version of what may or may not have taken place five years ago. I honestly don't know what it is or isn't.
Many times I've seen people kicking off on forums when there are actually many reasons why a sequence of events may have occurred.
I objected to you describing a situation as "fuckingly negligent" and no surprise, it went downhill from there.
You've had plenty of chances to avoid unpleasantness.
You could have;

Not said anything, considering the post was about a Subaru on a Ford forum, and you're banging on about a Vauxhall engine in a Westfield!

Moderated your language, maybe indicating that a friend of yours may have had a small difficulty with a home built car five years ago, but then there are many sides to every story.

But no, you used strong language from the off, playing up to the crowd.
You say you're here to "help people". No, you aren't, you're here to make yourself look less pathetic than you otherwise would appear to the average bystander.
I've no doubt you have plenty of time on your hands, read a lot, and have learned some useful information from it.
I note you've been banned from this forum, I wonder why?
If you really want to help, just stick to offering advice when asked and leave the trolling activities to the saddos on "Trip Advisor".

I don't propose to add any more to this ridiculous conversation, other than to say that working with Gus was a pleasure, and I'm sorry to see that you decided to go points scoring at his expense.
Ive no idea what trip advisor even is so im afraid the reference is lost on me.

I dont recall ever typing "fuckingly". Thats just shockingly bad english, so I can only assume that was a typo if it did come from me somewhere, but like I said to you at the time when you phoned me about it, only you will ever know if the reason for Neil's map being the way it was came down to a lack of ability, or a lack of care, from what you said on the phone it seemed to be mainly the former but I cant say I was personally impressed with your attitude over it all either, but then we all have different ways in which we treat customers and mine just happen to be a world apart from yours.

Going back to Gus's car. I must say im very impressed with the way the standard subaru running gear takes that sort of power, Ive had little to do with scoobys so I've certainly learned something interesting there about them to find they were THAT strong, can see why you like working on them so much with that sort of strength of transmission under them, certainly makes a change to be able to really use a turbo properly on a 4wd car without worrying about the gearbox falling out of it.

Last edited by Chip; 06-11-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:37 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

I don't propose to add any more to this ridiculous conversation,
Probably best not to given how you've shown yourself and your company up.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's that many shit company's about know one knows where to go!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Enginetuner

Going back to Gus's car. I must say im very impressed with the way the standard subaru running gear takes that sort of power, Ive had little to do with scoobys so I've certainly learned something interesting there about them to find they were THAT strong, can see why you like working on them so much with that sort of strength of transmission under them, certainly makes a change to be able to really use a turbo properly on a 4wd car without worrying about the gearbox falling out of it.
The five speed lacks a little, but even then we managed a couple of seasons of drag racing from 558 bhp using a stock box from a '99 classic!
It broke eventually of course, so we've switched to a PPG cluster for next year.
The six speed is very strong but a bit clunky to drive in comparison.
Paul's Time Attack car runs with 750 bhp plus nitrous, he's just fitted a sequential box.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well from experience IF enginetuner had been contacted about the problem I'm sure it would have been sorted there customer service is second only to stu who I have delt with. Now will you all please fuck off and stop squabbling on MY thread about my car not sone chopped up hospital bed with a engine shoe horned in!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:20 PM
RSGARETHW
always working

Is it fast Gus think u will see my Saff off
Old 06-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Rs Gus

Originally Posted by RSGARETHW
Is it fast Gus think u will see my Saff off
Yep cos your Cossie will implode!!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:30 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
Well from experience IF enginetuner had been contacted about the problem I'm sure it would have been sorted there customer service is second only to stu who I have delt with. Now will you all please fuck off and stop squabbling on MY thread about my car not sone chopped up hospital bed with a engine shoe horned in!!!!
still haven't seen this sideways comming past my house
Old 06-11-2011, 05:30 PM
RSGARETHW
always working

you haven't seen my secret spec turbo
Old 06-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Rs Gus

Originally Posted by RSGARETHW
you haven't seen my secret spec turbo
No one will miss it
Old 06-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Rs Craig
land of the rising sun

Location: sheffield,home of james toseland world superbike champion

same old passionford, threads turned to shit!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Rs Gus

Originally Posted by Rs Craig
same old passionford, threads turned to shit!!!!
Yep same dicks as usual
Old 06-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

all those years ago, passionford was started because everyone was sick of the RSOC boars we used to use being EXACTLY like this, moderators should have locked this ages ago,
Gus, awesome motor.
i used to build and tune a lot of Imprezas both track and gpA/N and this is a stormer!

im sure id have a bad attitude over something if it was dragged up after 5 yrs, AND if i were in Chips position id still be fighting it.

IF it was one of my staff making comments like that from my company, they`d be gone.........

Mods, sort it out
Old 06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

There's still some good folk on here
Old 06-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Well, while I agree with the fact this thread has gone to shite (not a surprise really... ) I don't think locking is the way forward.

The past is the past, and no-one can change it. Enginetuner, if you insult less you will look like less of a prat... I'm not saying you ARE a prat, just that you are posting replys that make you appear that way. Chip has made his point now, and if Enginetuner isn't going to discuss it it should be dropped.

Back on topic. Gus, glad you are happy with your car. It must be impressive out on the road! Any pics of the car itself?

Old 06-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Enginetuner

Originally Posted by Rab
Well, while I agree with the fact this thread has gone to shite (not a surprise really... ) I don't think locking is the way forward.

The past is the past, and no-one can change it. Enginetuner, if you insult less you will look like less of a prat... I'm not saying you ARE a prat, just that you are posting replys that make you appear that way. Chip has made his point now, and if Enginetuner isn't going to discuss it it should be dropped.

Back on topic. Gus, glad you are happy with your car. It must be impressive out on the road! Any pics of the car itself?

Try this.. Early run on V Power fuel. Click on image.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:53 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

That does sound sweet. Gus I bet your well over the moon.

Quick Reply: Alan Jeffrey engineering does it again (Subaru)