General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Alan Jeffrey engineering does it again (Subaru)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011 | 07:35 AM
Rs Craig
land of the rising sun

From: sheffield,home of james toseland world superbike champion

Originally Posted by rsmat
There's still some good folk on here
yes some good folk but also still the same old big i am's that are like dogs with bones, wether chip has a problem with enginetuner or not he should contact them direct not turn gus's thread to shit like he does
Old 07-11-2011 | 07:47 AM
RSGARETHW
always working

In all honesty the car is a Subaru and this is a ford forum,, if you would have just stayed on scoobynet this wouldnt be happening ... doors that way

Last edited by RSGARETHW; 07-11-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2011 | 08:08 AM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Originally Posted by RSGARETHW
In all honesty the car is a Subaru and this is a ford forum,, if you would have just stayed on scoobynwt this wouldnt be happening ... doors that way
Scoobynwt now that's a new site I haven't come across yet your thread will be rusty does it again BoooooooooM!
Old 07-11-2011 | 09:17 AM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by Rs Gus
Scoobynwt now that's a new site I haven't come across yet your thread will be rusty does it again BoooooooooM!

Rusty just needs a sill......
Old 07-11-2011 | 09:18 AM
RSGARETHW
always working

What do u mean mat?

Last edited by RSGARETHW; 07-11-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2011 | 09:30 AM
Rsmat
300+

Originally Posted by RSGARETHW
What do u mean mat?

Sierra cosworth = rusty well not really but it's what most call mine when taking the piss... Rusty needs a sill as in a chapter on our ford site... So change ya fanny pad lad........ It wasn't aimed at your car just the cosworth enigma... And has for my package you fucker you in the lead...2-1....
Old 07-11-2011 | 09:53 AM
RSGARETHW
always working

Ahh the package forgot about that lol
Old 07-11-2011 | 09:59 AM
Rsmat
300+

Epic package...

Cheers it came in one piece.
Old 07-11-2011 | 12:04 PM
Rs Gus
impreza wrx sti version 8

Yes it was aimed at Gaz with his rusty bullet wound built engine
Old 07-11-2011 | 12:11 PM
Rsmat
300+

Well I don't know owt about his engine.
Old 07-11-2011 | 01:25 PM
bluntys1rsturbo
Boost addict

just watched the rr vid, sounds well bet its a fair weapon
Old 07-11-2011 | 01:35 PM
gjh
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Enginetuner
You say you're here to "help people". No, you aren't, you're here to make yourself look less pathetic than you otherwise would appear to the average bystander.
I've no doubt you have plenty of time on your hands, read a lot, and have learned some useful information from it.
I note you've been banned from this forum, I wonder why?
If you really want to help, just stick to offering advice when asked and leave the trolling activities to the saddos on "Trip Advisor".
I didn't intend on posting in here anymore but all of the above is a load of bollocks! If you'd look in any of the technical threads you'd see that in 90% of them Chip has replied giving good advice and encouragement to people in his posts. And whats with constantly bringing up the fact he had a bit of a ban? He did a mistake and he owned up to it, so that argument doesn't hold up well. I know a few people on here don't see eye to eye with them (personally I'm not one of them, I respect the guy), but no one can argue with the fact he often helps people out on here (and I would imagine away from here), so if you want to argue with him, try and include some real facts.
Old 07-11-2011 | 02:19 PM
Enginetuner
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by bluntys1rsturbo
just watched the rr vid, sounds well bet its a fair weapon
It sounded good from my office as well!
Old 19-11-2011 | 10:02 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Originally Posted by Enginetuner (Banned)
I'd like to point out that I have never been banned from any forum.
Tempted fate a bit there then
Old 19-11-2011 | 10:08 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Anyone know why he was banned? I couldn't find any offending posts or business promotion?
Old 19-11-2011 | 10:23 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Lambchop
Anyone know why he was banned? I couldn't find any offending posts or business promotion?
Couldnt find any business promotion?

His username is the same as his URL and trading name

And thats before you take into account all the "here is a portfolio of some of our previous work" posts.

I'm sure he'll be unbanned as soon as he pays the fees, and even if he doesnt, being banned on a forum is hardly some sort of proof that you are an axe murderer or theif anyway, I just find it ironic that he was one minute making such a big deal out of if someone has been banned and unbanned on a forum or not, and then next minute he's in the same boat himself

Last edited by Chip; 19-11-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 19-11-2011 | 10:30 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Oh I assumed his business was 'Alan Jeffrey Engineering'
Old 19-11-2011 | 10:39 AM
Chip

Oh I assumed his business was 'Alan Jeffrey Engineering'
It is, but trades under the name of "engine tuner" as well.
Old 19-11-2011 | 12:51 PM
D11AKS
Regular Contributor

is it in bits yet GUS

Shiney teeth hinted you were going to Break it
Old 19-11-2011 | 01:13 PM
Rsmat
300+

He's keeping it as far as I'm aware.
Old 19-11-2011 | 02:21 PM
RSGARETHW
always working

No comment evo time !!

Again
Old 19-11-2011 | 02:37 PM
Rsmat
300+

Doubt it it was only mapped other day.
Old 19-11-2011 | 07:26 PM
RSGARETHW
always working

Mat u have pm
Old 20-11-2011 | 01:22 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well it's an open forum so were all entitled to our opinions so I'll (I suppose pointlessly,but I'm in work doing fuck all else) add mine.
Firstly,that car looks immense,well done to all involved.
Now,to me chip knows his shit,I'll give him that and is always very helpful and informative but on the flipside I believe you often look to cause shall we say "heated debate".some would say "arguments" but I'm not that callous.

Your ambient air temp comment was clearly because you wanted to point out that the rolling road figures had been "massaged" to break the 700hp level.

I'm not a rolling road guy but I do work with a lot of complex electrical machinery and your quite right to say that heat causes compensation on rolling roads,it does in all types of machinery and as pointed out by mr hadland,it can cause some wild changes.

However,as you can see from the op's reaction,you can really get under people's skins,after all he's only posting up the very impressive results that have been achieved and your comment,whether intentional or not,undoubtedly made him think "oh,am I really getting 700 hp,or has this tuner been bullshitting me?".

After all,none of us were there and if the areas a bit tight where the cars being tested,ambient temps could easily be 30 odd degrees,although admittedly 37 seems high,but not impossible surely?unless the rr's outside!!!!

Then followed up with "but if your happy,figures don't matter!".
Even though you quote your hp in your sig?
Something to be proud of admittedly,the nova looks awesome,but you can see my point,if all of a sudden you took it to a different rolling road and it only made 350hp with nothing changed,you'd be a bit fed up too.

Again,not having a go,just making an observation.

Obviously a bit annoyed,the op responded to you about martyns knowledge of the rr,you did have a bit of a dig at the guy,again no doubt totally justified but imagine how the op's feeling now,you've told him his cars power is wrong and that the guy who mapped it did "the worst map you've ever seen on a car".
Hardly reassuring is it?

There's clearly underlying issues with yourself and the tuner and in my book sticking up for your mate is exactly what I would do,I've even had one guy threaten me cos I slated his company so badly after he nearly caused my mate to be banned by cancelling his car insurance,until I saw him out one night and confronted him about it,but I think if your honest you must have known when pointing out this martyn guys previous alleged inadequacies,a reaction was going to be invoked,which I do believe you quite enjoy deep down,I know I like to cause heated debate in people if Im passionate about something.

Like I said,sorry if it comes across as a personal dig at you,it's not meant to,I'm just pointing out that sometimes you can come across as simply trying to undermine what someones posted or is proud of.

As for the company boss I can see why he came on to defend himself,I'd have done exactly the same,perhaps some will see it as bad manners but this Jeffrey chap seems very passionate and you can't do 30years in this game without being pretty good,you'll soon get found out,after all even stu@msd on here's had a few bits of bad(emphasise FEW) press but chip defends him like nothing I've ever seen,lesser people would say it's "arselicking" but again that would be callous.

Back to the main topic though and I personally love the scooby and that blobeye is a great looking car,with SERIOUS power to match.

And one more thing chip,it's "appallingly" not "a PAUL ingly".

Xxxxxxxx
Old 20-11-2011 | 06:24 AM
RSGARETHW
always working

Originally Posted by vaughant
Well it's an open forum so were all entitled to our opinions so I'll (I suppose pointlessly,but I'm in work doing fuck all else) add mine.
Firstly,that car looks immense,well done to all involved.
Now,to me chip knows his shit,I'll give him that and is always very helpful and informative but on the flipside I believe you often look to cause shall we say "heated debate".some would say "arguments" but I'm not that callous.

Your ambient air temp comment was clearly because you wanted to point out that the rolling road figures had been "massaged" to break the 700hp level.

I'm not a rolling road guy but I do work with a lot of complex electrical machinery and your quite right to say that heat causes compensation on rolling roads,it does in all types of machinery and as pointed out by mr hadland,it can cause some wild changes.

However,as you can see from the op's reaction,you can really get under people's skins,after all he's only posting up the very impressive results that have been achieved and your comment,whether intentional or not,undoubtedly made him think "oh,am I really getting 700 hp,or has this tuner been bullshitting me?".

After all,none of us were there and if the areas a bit tight where the cars being tested,ambient temps could easily be 30 odd degrees,although admittedly 37 seems high,but not impossible surely?unless the rr's outside!!!!

Then followed up with "but if your happy,figures don't matter!".
Even though you quote your hp in your sig?
Something to be proud of admittedly,the nova looks awesome,but you can see my point,if all of a sudden you took it to a different rolling road and it only made 350hp with nothing changed,you'd be a bit fed up too.

Again,not having a go,just making an observation.

Obviously a bit annoyed,the op responded to you about martyns knowledge of the rr,you did have a bit of a dig at the guy,again no doubt totally justified but imagine how the op's feeling now,you've told him his cars power is wrong and that the guy who mapped it did "the worst map you've ever seen on a car".
Hardly reassuring is it?

There's clearly underlying issues with yourself and the tuner and in my book sticking up for your mate is exactly what I would do,I've even had one guy threaten me cos I slated his company so badly after he nearly caused my mate to be banned by cancelling his car insurance,until I saw him out one night and confronted him about it,but I think if your honest you must have known when pointing out this martyn guys previous alleged inadequacies,a reaction was going to be invoked,which I do believe you quite enjoy deep down,I know I like to cause heated debate in people if Im passionate about something.

Like I said,sorry if it comes across as a personal dig at you,it's not meant to,I'm just pointing out that sometimes you can come across as simply trying to undermine what someones posted or is proud of.

As for the company boss I can see why he came on to defend himself,I'd have done exactly the same,perhaps some will see it as bad manners but this Jeffrey chap seems very passionate and you can't do 30years in this game without being pretty good,you'll soon get found out,after all even stu@msd on here's had a few bits of bad(emphasise FEW) press but chip defends him like nothing I've ever seen,lesser people would say it's "arselicking" but again that would be callous.

Back to the main topic though and I personally love the scooby and that blobeye is a great looking car,with SERIOUS power to match.

And one more thing chip,it's "appallingly" not "a PAUL ingly".

Xxxxxxxx

Why bring all that back up again mate?? It was all discussed and Gus said to drop it all,as it was ruining his thread???
Old 20-11-2011 | 10:06 AM
WongRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

impressive car, don't usual like these but thats nice, and rapid too i'd imagine!
Old 20-11-2011 | 10:36 AM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

I haven't been here long but I have to agree with vaungaht

There was a big fuss when this Chip person was allowed back on, but so far all I have seen is inflamatoury posts which massage his ego. Not a good addition to the site at all.

My first impression of here was very positive, but there has been a nosedive in the atmosphere with a lot more confrontational posts. I have a running joke with my flatmate that every post that kicks off has chip in it!

I can't imagine what this guy must be like down the pub, does he have any friends?
Old 20-11-2011 | 01:00 PM
jay70
Virgin

How apt is his name of Chip...
Old 20-11-2011 | 01:33 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by jay70
How apt is his name of Chip...
'Cock' would be better suited.

Benni
Old 20-11-2011 | 02:12 PM
RSNUT!
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

i dont often get involved in these kinda debates as i just cant be arsed, but no matter what kind of debate it is, im sure chip will be involved writing an essay about his opinion..
i dunno why but i always had a picture in my head of what he looked liked and that person was john McCurrick <spelling!! but have seen a picture of him and he looks like that micheal carrol.. the low life who won the lottery.

i think he has got so much to say on here because if you looked like that lowlife do u honestly think anyone would listen to you!
Old 20-11-2011 | 03:57 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Originally Posted by Fullflush
I haven't been here long but I have to agree with vaungaht

There was a big fuss when this Chip person was allowed back on, but so far all I have seen is inflamatoury posts which massage his ego. Not a good addition to the site at all.

My first impression of here was very positive, but there has been a nosedive in the atmosphere with a lot more confrontational posts. I have a running joke with my flatmate that every post that kicks off has chip in it!

I can't imagine what this guy must be like down the pub, does he have any friends?

How long you been around mate, why not butt out untill you have been around awhile. Chip is the man with regards to knowledge of this type of thing. If you have a decent IQ then Chip does not annoy or get up your back. If you are an herbert who knows jack shit then i can see Chip would annoy . Yes he has friends usually ones with a decent education who are not threatened by him. He cant stand fools & neither can I.
Old 20-11-2011 | 04:00 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by MadRod
How long you been around mate, why not butt out untill you have been around awhile. Chip is the man with regards to knowledge of this type of thing. If you have a decent IQ then Chip does not annoy or get up your back. If you are an herbert who knows jack shit then i can see Chip would annoy . Yes he has friends usually ones with a decent education who are not threatened by him. He cant stand fools & neither can I.

I thought this was 'only the internet' and that it wasn't worth getting worked up over?
Old 20-11-2011 | 04:17 PM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

I only posted because I read the long post and I could see where the guy was coming from.

He seems clever, but is also an obvious angle shooter. Every forum has them!

Rant over
Old 21-11-2011 | 08:09 AM
Chip

Seems strange that because I dont like seeing people ripped off, or am a bit OCD about techncial information on car websites being accurate that it would somehow follow that you make the assumption that means I have no friends, thats not the case at all though im pleased to say.
Old 21-11-2011 | 10:28 AM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

I can't imagine what this guy must be like down the pub, does he have any friends?[/QUOTE]

chip is the same down the pub mate does not hide behind his key bored i no that still a cunt though lol
Old 21-11-2011 | 05:50 PM
Enginetuner

Hi guys! I'm back now, having been on holiday..
Old 21-11-2011 | 05:54 PM
Mark_
PassionFord Post Whore!!

welcome back
Old 21-11-2011 | 06:05 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Were you somewhere nice?
Old 21-11-2011 | 06:08 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Were you somewhere nice?
I expect he was away arranging a second mortgage to cover the traders fees??

Cheers,
Grant
Old 21-11-2011 | 06:11 PM
Enginetuner

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I expect he was away arranging a second mortgage to cover the traders fees??

Cheers,
Grant
I didn't realise you could sort out Paypal from our villa on Corsica!

Quick Reply: Alan Jeffrey engineering does it again (Subaru)