General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Dent on rental car

Search this Thread

Old 16-08-2011, 10:37 AM
kermitt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dent on rental car

After picking up a rental car from enterprise yesterday I noticed a small dent on the lower part of the rear wheel arch behind the o/s rear passenger door. Its about the length of a pencil and is like a crease mark.

Unfortunately I never noticed it before signing the form and the agent never picked it up either, maybe because it was raining at the time and not that visible.

Anyway I am due to drop it off at a different office to the one I collected it from.

Should I inform the agent now or wait and see if it gets picked up when I drop it off?

If they kick up a fuss I would intend to see previous documentation to show that the dent was not already there.
Old 16-08-2011, 11:57 AM
tarry500
Regular Contributor

I have worked for them, if it was raining then we would put no major damage on the sheet and put it was raining, to be honest the office staff was the worst for checking cars, they would not spot the obvious and when we went to pick the car up off the customer there was damage all over it that was not on the sheet, if it was a car from our depot then we would know what was on it from previous and if we picked up a car from another depot then we just checked the car over as is, in theory the depot you take the car back too wont know what damage is on the car unless they phone the office you got the car from.
Old 18-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

I parked my rental/loaner in a car park came back to it and somebody had kindly opened there door onto it. Cost me Ł50 to have it removed to save myself the hassle as I couldn't be arsed with the paperwork!
Old 18-08-2011, 09:33 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rag it mate. dirty it and the wont notice it
Old 18-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Mo...

Defo the way to go - take it back dirty exterior