General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Car Planet Racing gone tits up.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I saw "Max Wang" at TOTB I thought it was a joke from a Chinese person with a good sense of English humour. The fact that he registered a company and managed to rip people off including as well work colleges/friends adds insult to injury.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

All sounds a bit odd to me.

People just turning up and helping themselves to property that isnt theirs, that they have no paperwork or title of ownership to?

Surely if this is the case, one call to the police 'Hi, we are being robbed' police arrive, gangsters are everywhere ransaking the place like its a free for all and the coppers cant prevent it? I would imagine they would just prevent anything being taken until they had found out what the hell was going on.

Not to mention that i cant see gangsters wanting to stand and answer why they have funded lots of cashy cashy into a business when the police arrive??
Old 02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

one of my good mates was a mechanic at car planet for last 4 or so years.

he turned up for work on monday morning to find it was locked and he couldnt get in.once they got in it was apparent what had happened and news travelled fast.

what was said from lawrence about the day is true. they were quite heavily involved with some unsavoury types-hence the heavy handed collections during the day.

horrible dirty trick by the chinese guys and i hope they get what they deserve but i would imagine they are a long way from the uk by now,if they have any sense as there will be some very upset people that you really wouldnt want to cross looking for them.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Looking at the other companies over the years that have dissolved I'd imagine they've collected a fair few quid. Guess they've just done one final big push which has taken time to gain peoples trust (ie the Ł180k from the merc buyers) and got together enough to do a runner.

I guess the guy that was blamed for the demise of RC was just put in place by max to do the job he did, ie steal as much as poss.

So mr Will Pedley.. were you all totally unaware of max wang being a dodgy fukker then?

Clive seems very quiet.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It says the Mercs were going to some dodgy Thai people, all very fishy to me

Mike
Old 02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

To be honest, I don't believe a word of it. The whole post seems to be a PR stunt, the same guys working for the same director and being all surprised that the company has folded again?

Classic run a company for two years and dissolve it to not pay the tax.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
RstAaron.
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Lol at the advert for 'chinese takeaway' that's at the top of this thread on my phone
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jameswrx

So mr Will Pedley.. were you all totally unaware of max wang being a dodgy fukker then?

Clive seems very quiet.
There was stuff that happened while I was there that I was seriously unhappy with. However, at that point in my life I needed the money so stayed until such time as I could afford to leave.

That was 5 years ago though. Old news now in comparison.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I don't like taking things off topic, but I found that phrase really funny, please explain how you would attack someone properly Warren?? ...cause I've got a mental picture of you surrounded by 'baddies' in an industrial unit with Skylines, Evos and M3's littered around the place.. before handing these cretins a free lesson straight from the Jason Bourne handbook.
properly as in a good few fists in the face and/or something heavy swung at them

I cant afford a segal style body double for the badass ninja stuff anymore
Originally Posted by Icurus
If ever PF organise a football match, tiddly winks competition, chess match etc, baggsy I go on Warren's team!!
tiddly winks is right up my street
Old 02-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This just appeared on my Facebook.

And yes, that's actually his picture lol. Keep an eye out for him if you're ever in Hong Kong on holiday...
Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 AM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will thats magic
Old 03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyLee53
When I saw "Max Wang" at TOTB I thought it was a joke from a Chinese person with a good sense of English humour. The fact that he registered a company and managed to rip people off including as well work colleges/friends adds insult to injury.
Well if anyone is making it clear they are going to try and properly buttfuck you its someone with a name like Max Wang