General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Car Planet Racing gone tits up.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
link pls!
http://www.evo123.net/showthread.php?t=6596
Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Between this and the recent cocaine issues at AAA etc, it really is looking like the Evo is the new cossie, cause all the Evo tuners now seem as shadey as all the cossie ones were 20 years ago
Whens Si Norris's sex change booked in?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SiZT
Very good
Old 02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by SiZT
LOL!

Should think as a very well established whiter that white tuner all of this sort of carry on at his competitors is very good for business for Simon!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Ohh my sides at the replys on there

I knew I was going wrong somewhere, that's it, Driftworks send out Wham bars with their parts, I'm going to start sending free Geofferies with every purchase

Old 02-08-2011, 02:54 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
what i dont get is why were the police not contacted and told of a robbery in progress the moment non staff turned up and started taking stock without permission???

Criminal scum arent going to attack the police once they turn up

and why wernt heavy wrenchs/baseball bats pulled out the moment scum started trying to steal customers cars???

sounds all very dodgy.

why would you need heavy wrenchs and baseball bats
Old 02-08-2011, 02:55 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

sYour being confronted by aggressive people robbing you of stock, pulling out a big bat/tools to threaten them back is pretty reasonable to me and within the bounds of self defence especially if you tell the scum your not taking any more stuff its likely they would lash out.
It's all well and good saying that, but if you know that they're gangster, criminal types, what's pulling a bat out going to do? Get you a severe beating if you're lucky, far worse if they're armed properly.

You might want to get all heroic trying to protect your customers stuff, but it isn't worth getting killed over. And if they are of a suspect background, I'm not sure I'd want to risk it, and I bet a lot of others wouldn't either.

However, the more you look at it, and think about it, it does seem suspect, given the history of those involved. Can only feel sorry for those that have lost stuff, as they won't be getting it back by the looks of it.

Seems that some of the Jap tuning fraternity have been watching a bit too much of the Fast and the Furious films and think being a gangster is an essential part of it
Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL!

Should think as a very well established whiter that white tuner all of this sort of carry on at his competitors is very good for business for Simon!
It could be argued Ajec Racing/AAA Saloons were 'whiter than white' as well though, that's what got them into trouble Chip.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by massivewangers
It's all well and good saying that, but if you know that they're gangster, criminal types, what's pulling a bat out going to do? Get you a severe beating if you're lucky, far worse if they're armed properly.

You might want to get all heroic trying to protect your customers stuff, but it isn't worth getting killed over. And if they are of a suspect background, I'm not sure I'd want to risk it, and I bet a lot of others wouldn't either.
if they are as "heavy" as people claim then why werent they there in force, using force and being in heavy numbers at the start??

I dont think the "heavies" were like they claimed. Maybe the staff were southern fairies so think a few well built lads with a "stare" and a few aggressive words are "heavies".

Im not convinced theyd of done anything. Most organised criminals are not fuckng stupid. You and i both know if they started a massive fight in such a place they would never be able to beat everyone up AND steal the stock before the cops turned up.

People may slate the police but they do turn up quick when a robbery or violent assault is reported to be in progress - and any decent criminal worth his salt would know that....

And yes i would expect a garage entrusted with peoples most prized possessions to be prepared to take the odd slap to protect them.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Perhaps you read it differently then as, to me, it read like the employees were outnumbered by dodgy folk just taking stuff, and couldn't keep track of what was even going on, let alone defend anyone's property.

Whether they'd have definitely done anything or not is not very relevant in many ways. There's undoubtedly a chance they could do something, in the same way that you could confront a teen who's acting gangster and he could pull a knife on you, and be prepared to use it.

You must expect a lot of your garage, as I certainly wouldn't expect mine to put their lives at risk to protect a piece of metal. That's what insurance is for. Better to claim for a car pay out than to know the grease monkey took a bullet trying to stop my Nissan getting stolen. They have a duty of care to protect your property, but there are limits, and I think physical violence and risking injury/death goes beyond it!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

I wouldnt expect them to take a knife, but i would expect them to have a go until the enemy pull the weapons out....
Old 02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The problem with that is, if the weapons come out, you could be in a pretty bad place, and it could be a bit late by then. If the Police have been called, it will take them a few minutes to get there. A lot can happen in that time, and it's not a risk that I'd expect them to take if they were surrounded by unsavoury types.

But, we still don't really know what's gone on, so it's all speculation!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

thing is from whats been said, far too much smells of bullshit.

genuine bad guys wouldnt hang around and spend all day emptying the place, it would be done in a hour with a few luton vans and flatbed transits

plus if there was any form of legal recievership, the recievers (well the company managing it anyway) would have had staff, including security on site to prevent all this.

so the impression i get is its all bullshit.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
DrewSS
Regular Contributor

it says to me keep away from mlr and jap cars
Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

thing is i bet the thieves who ran the company will invest in a luxury living in a nice cheap and up and coming city in the chinese provences.....

then use the rest to set up another jap tuning shop as modifying is taking off bigstyle as the chinese get wealthier.

They will probably be working on many of the same cars they did here, but only after they have been stolen and shipped to china via russia loads of that going on with high end and performance cars at the moment.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewSS
They are traders, nothing to do with MLR, also sold German cars and tuned them.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

LOL!! ...so if you heard that lunatic in Norway drove a Ford Focus then you'd sack off all Fords? Good call, can't be too safe can you.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
DrewSS
Regular Contributor

sorry to be cynical but after reading about dean off mlr what else do you expect?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

sorry to be cynical but after reading about dean off mlr what else do you expect?
...to realise that the world contains cunts and that some of these people have found a way to access the internet??

To be honest mate, there are a few bellends who have kicked around on here from time to time over the years that PF has been running... it's not just an MLR-only problem.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
DrewSS
Regular Contributor

fed to you with a dose of sarcasm... its ok il type slower next time
Old 02-08-2011, 06:01 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS Grant
LOL!! ...so if you heard that lunatic in Norway drove a Ford Focus then you'd sack off all Fords? Good call, can't be too safe can you.

Cheers,
Grant

FPMSL
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Anybody know where the dyno went? Wonder if it'll be up for grabs.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Chip

Will have been on lease anyway no doubt Ricky, so probably back to the manufacturers
Old 02-08-2011, 06:11 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyLee53
Anybody know where the dyno went? Wonder if it'll be up for grabs.
It's gone to a new outfit just opening up in the same area... '3rd time lucky motorsport' aparantly they got it for Ł10, bargain
Old 02-08-2011, 06:14 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by jameswrx
It's gone to a new outfit just opening up in the same area... '3rd time lucky motorsport' aparantly they got it for Ł10, bargain
Brilliant
Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

...to realise that the world contains cunts and that some of these people have found a way to access the internet??

To be honest mate, there are a few bellends who have kicked around on here from time to time over the years that PF has been running... it's not just an MLR-only problem.

Cheers,
Grant
A few?!?!?!?!?!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

I think RS Grant is now officially the funniest person on the internet.

Apart from that bloke who did the spider email and loads of other wind ups.

fair play dude

Chips the most clever funny fucker though whose jokes are like a laser guided missile to the point that he KNOWS will most annoy someone...

and daveescos obviously the rudest funny fucker

honourable mention for SizT and Neilm

Last edited by Porkie; 02-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Will have been on lease anyway no doubt Ricky, so probably back to the manufacturers
although if as they claim, the scum cunts were taking anything, including customer cars then they will have no bother taking a dyno and reselling it on dirt cheap with the claim "lost paperwork, serial plate fell off and lost ages ago"

Old 02-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by massivewangers

Totally agree...

not that it ever happened at all! all total bull....

Warren, do you see yourself as a Chuck Norris in disguise? or more like a one man A-Team....

Old 02-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Originally Posted by OldDan
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/154586-ca...l-goodbye.html

Sad state of affairs, but to be honest, would you trust someone called Candy Wu?
Nope, and whenever I see the name Albert Yeung, I can't help but wonder if he's a relation...

Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A victim here

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...34#post4063334
Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
RickDraper
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I remember RC closing and the Dyno Dynamics rolling road from there been moved overnight from Rc to Car Planet flol
Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Warren, do you see yourself as a Chuck Norris in disguise? or more like a one man A-Team....

no niether im too fat and i dont have body double for the stunts like Steven Segal does

I am pretty fearless and ive enough experience to know most people who act hard and think they are gansters etc are just fucking cowards and work thier game through intimidation and mild aggression. Most go down like a sack of spuds when they are attacked properly and people stand up to them.

Also my past experiences and being slightly unbalanced mentally means i dont value my life in the same way many people do. I have no close family, no close friends, no wife or kids to worry about etc so to me Im more than willing to get stuck in and risk serious injury or death to protect my pride and joy and also to back up my inner sense of justice and moral principles. In effect, the only thing i have to loose is my life which i dont value that highly compared to most people anyway. I no longer fear death like I did when i was younger.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

I think RS Grant is now officially the funniest person on the internet.

Apart from that bloke who did the spider email and loads of other wind ups.

fair play dude

Chips the most clever funny fucker though whose jokes are like a laser guided missile to the point that he KNOWS will most annoy someone...

and daveescos obviously the rudest funny fucker

honourable mention for SizT and Neilm
Thanks mate!!

I also look at some of the stuff that Chip sticks up here and properly burst out laughing, knowing that he's just lit the fuse and it's about to go off in a big way.

LOL @ the spider email.

Most go down like a sack of spuds when they are attacked properly
I don't like taking things off topic, but I found that phrase really funny, please explain how you would attack someone properly Warren?? ...cause I've got a mental picture of you surrounded by 'baddies' in an industrial unit with Skylines, Evos and M3's littered around the place.. before handing these cretins a free lesson straight from the Jason Bourne handbook.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
DrewSS
Regular Contributor

Most go down like a sack of spuds when they are attacked properly and people stand up to them.
Sorry but this is THE funniest quote for along time, legend warren!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I don't like taking things off topic, but I found that phrase really funny, please explain how you would attack someone properly Warren?? ...cause I've got a mental picture of you surrounded by 'baddies' in an industrial unit with Skylines, Evos and M3's littered around the place.. before handing these cretins a free lesson straight from the Jason Bourne handbook.
For some reason, that just made me think of the scene from Tokyo Drift where they all have a big fight in that unit when the bad guy comes around to find the girl

Is Warren the hillbilly fella? Or some kind of Vin Diesel/Steven Seagal/Chuck Norris hybrid?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Icurus
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I am pretty fearless and ive enough experience to know most people who act hard and think they are gansters etc are just fucking cowards and work thier game through intimidation and mild aggression. Most go down like a sack of spuds when they are attacked properly and people stand up to them.

Also my past experiences and being slightly unbalanced mentally means i dont value my life in the same way many people do. I have no close family, no close friends, no wife or kids to worry about etc so to me Im more than willing to get stuck in and risk serious injury or death to protect my pride and joy and also to back up my inner sense of justice and moral principles. In effect, the only thing i have to loose is my life which i dont value that highly compared to most people anyway. I no longer fear death like I did when i was younger.
If ever PF organise a football match, tiddly winks competition, chess match etc, baggsy I go on Warren's team!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
DrewSS
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by Icurus
If ever PF organise a football match, tiddly winks competition, chess match etc, baggsy I go on Warren's team!!
err i may have a note that day lol
Old 02-08-2011, 07:51 PM
combivan
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

[QUOTE=RS Grant;5567059]...to realise that the world contains cunts and that some of these people have found a way to access the internet??

Cheers,
Grant[/QUOTE

we talking about mo
Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
RC Developments. Seems like the workforce have a habit of working for the wrong people!
I'm just glad I left 12 months before RC Developments went pop!

Quick Reply: Car Planet Racing gone tits up.