General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Saph cos tracking figures for comp struts

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
i always thought compression struts without an ARB was always a compromise, hence why you had the bladed antiroll bar in the first place......

Thank god there are people out there that actually get it

Where is Mark
Old 01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by johnny99
I don't know what damper's your using, or your ability behind the wheel is. I run 7 racecars here in Ireland, and we do quite nicley on a very small budget, and I come from with a bit of knowledge. For dampers, talk to Black Art Design, I think he is on here. Another thing, if you can, put on a stiffer rear ARB. As for driving style, try braking and turning in a little earlier, and steer the car through the corner with the throttle.

John

John

you have 100% hit how Steve drives , He goes into a corner like a mad man , hence why he has so much roll

If he actually slows up a bit and drives through the corner he would be much quicker

Steve , No offence mate but if you listern i will 100% gaurantee you will go much quicker

I sort of hinted at this in an earlier post but didnt want to realy say as im no expert driver and thought it a bit cheeky , but having watched steve im sure it will help himin a big way , Its easy to see faults in other drivers , easier than it is to fault yourself

Last edited by Mr RS500; 01-08-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

Ive decided im not going to diversify Tricky's post anymore as this thread has gone off course enough tbh.

Paul, I have some links for you to read but please do start another thread if you would like to discuss this with me further.

There are alot of people on here who are a, clever, b, have got experiance, c, just tried something and got it badly wrong.

im still not sure which I put you in yet

regards

Mark

p.s we can talk spring rates, damper rates, roll centres as much as you like, im just not going to do it on trickies thead.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Problem I have is I'm running out of my depth in my race series so have to drive the car harder to compensate, bearing in mind my car is on standard brakes bar race pads it's bloody hard work check this outside footage out from croft last week.
I'm stephen kell in the red sierra for those that don't know, I get plenty of mentions in commentry went from 13th to 5th by the first corner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HscJF...e_gdata_player

steve
Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Race and Rally Car Source Book by Allan Staniforth.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by markk
Ive decided im not going to diversify Tricky's post anymore as this thread has gone off course enough tbh.

Paul, I have some links for you to read but please do start another thread if you would like to discuss this with me further.

There are alot of people on here who are a, clever, b, have got experiance, c, just tried something and got it badly wrong.

im still not sure which I put you in yet

regards

Mark

p.s we can talk spring rates, damper rates, roll centres as much as you like, im just not going to do it on trickies thead.
Mark

I build my own cars awlways have and always will , I take advice from people very well respected in the race world and folk who have achieved good results in there field

I realy think you need to do your homwork reagrd this kind of thing ,

i happen to have spoken to 2 such people since this post and they both cant understand your logic and both agree c/s with no ARB is totaly stupid

Simple answer the question why all Ford group A cars run Bladed ARB"s with c/s if its not important ??

I think you are still failing to see that we are talking about a road / track car , NOT a full blown rally car /Race car with all the other correct suspension parts fitted , you talk about massive variants that will either assist or help the car with c/s but we are talking ,,ROAD cars Mark , please get your head round this point

To be honest Im getting board also now , and i wont change my opinion and you wont change yours so as i said many many posts ago , we will have to agree to disagree

Last edited by Mr RS500; 02-08-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 AM
johnny99
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Youth, you need to turn in about 1 car lenght earlier. If it's possible, try and get a stiffer rear ARB, cheap mod, this will allow you to power through the corner, allowing faster corner exit, and being able to carry more speed on the straight. Heed Wils comment's on the height of the car, he is correct on that one, othewise you need to start moving pick-up points. Watch the lad in the BMW, he is quite a good driver.

Savage start, not lacking bravery there.

John
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Steve

what rear ARB have you got fitted ?

If i have a better one in stock your very welcome to it FOC if it helps you

I must say tho you are defo getting better and better every time i see a video

Paul
Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 PM
johnny99