General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Omex 600 ECU and Injectors size ( No Ford)

Search this Thread

Old 15-06-2011, 10:47 AM
PAUL V
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Omex 600 ECU and Injectors size ( No Ford)

Hi there just wanted a bit of help as I am bit rusty on NA engines
Sorry I know its not a ford

Doing a Mk1 VW caddy pick up for my son, we are running a 2ltr 8 V engine on 45 Jenvey throttle bodies.

Picked up the bodies from Jenvey yesterday and just doing a mock build up and now looking at injectors size and wondered if anyone can help or advise ?

Also been looking for a ECU and the Omex 600 looks quite a nice unit as it has outputs for the rad fan and fuel pump etc.

Any one got any experience with this Ecu and their "Ready Built Harness (general purpose)"

Thanks
Old 15-06-2011, 10:52 AM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A lot of people use the Omex on NA setups, seems to work well. I know people who use their harnesses as well with no troubles.

We used a Bosch green injector, I believe they were from a Volvo turbo, they were a modern 4 pin type, not the earlier 803 style. 440cc seems to ring a bell, difference between what we had and those in terms of idle alone was staggering.

I got mine from Track & Road in Rainham for about £150 as the ones we were using weren't upto the job whilst it was on the rollers.

I believe Chip has recently mapped a NA zetec on Omex so he could probably give you better info on what the ecu offers.

Last edited by JonnyBravo; 15-06-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 15-06-2011, 01:20 PM
TimC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run Omex on my Corsa and have rebuilt my loom using the half built kit that Omex supply.

Only issue with the loom I had was that on one of the premade joins (for cps) the sleeving hadnt been removed so the connection wasnt made - whoops!

As for injectors, surely something like standard redtop xe or standard c20let injectors would flow enough??

I know my friend with a 1600ZS on bodies uses redtop xe injectors which are perfect.