General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

question for sprayers with pictures, new update

Search this Thread

Old 21-05-2011, 03:21 PM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rsturbo27
well i could,ent sleep last night done a bit of pace,ing up and down u know, wonted to go round and fill him in 3am not good but my miss,s said that was a bit stupid..so i waited untill 9.00 this morning and phoned him i told him the score that he either pays for it to be redone or he's does it while i,m on holiday and i,m not open to negotiation i aslo stated that if it was,ent on my drive by next saturday all sorted when i get home, i was going to put his head through a wall.... i,m normally a nice calm guy but he has really pissed me off i just thought i gotta steam in all guns to sort it we,ll see what happens....he said he,s gonna scotch it and blow it all over again he recons that the hardener was left on the shelf too long inbetween coats which made it go yellow should state that the bonnet and tailgate are different coluers again lol not showing in picture i,ll get sum up

thats a bit silly, why threaten him with putting his head through a wall?

would it not have been better to have a calm conversation, telling him your not happy and see what his response is.

he has fobbed you off, but he or his suppliers may have fucked up, surely he deserves a chance to put it right. before the ususla internet advice of burn down his garage, punch him, kill him etc is used

when you threaten someone thats it, i personally wouldn't give my car to someone i had just told i was going to hurt. who knows what happens or who is going to be there when you turn up.
Old 21-05-2011, 04:39 PM
kxkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vaughant
Car looks lovely to start off with,albeit minus the doors.
Different paint suppliers mix differently,wrongly,but it certainly happens,I`ve been the victim of this many a time,in fact in the end I changed my suppliers,good news for you,bad news is you`ll have to go into Cardiff to get it,which is never a good thing (just fucking with you!!).
Give autopaints a bell,their spot on on the colourmixes,we ended up doing edge to edge stuff on newer cars without blending as their mixes were so good,their not the cheapest,but they are the best.
If he paints that back in the proper shade of Frozen white you`ll never notice any shading issues,it won`t need blending.
Of course,I can`t see the pictures perfectly but it looks a smashing job to be honest and Ł1200 is about right.
And to whover said you can do a full respray in two days,I`d love to see that on anything other than a few month old car,it takes a day to mask the fucker up properly!!!
3 weeks ago, we did a repaint on a n reg honda integra type r, in milano red. had a few repairs on it. a hell of a lot of lacquer peel, and it was multi coloured due to previous attempts at painting. it was dropped off at 9 on the monday morning, and left the garage on the wednesday morning. we do alot of trade work, and as the car traders are our main source of custom we cant afford to mess around. we average around 14 cars per week. ranging from corners of bumpers, to big snotty repairs. we get the keys to our new garage on friday, and im excited to say the least...
Old 21-05-2011, 05:00 PM
rsturbo27
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

the thing is m8 the guy come's across as a bit cocky so i thought i,m not gonna give him the chance to start talking bullshit 2 me again, the thing is down my street were taught not to lie, bullshit people and rip people off, i belive that if i had not confronted him he would off told a lesser person to do 1 and that aint happening with me, anyway like i said if the car come's back worse i'm willing to do the time thats just me but i dont think it will come to that now as i think he seems to wont to put it right
Old 21-05-2011, 06:34 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by kxkid
3 weeks ago, we did a repaint on a n reg honda integra type r, in milano red. had a few repairs on it. a hell of a lot of lacquer peel, and it was multi coloured due to previous attempts at painting. it was dropped off at 9 on the monday morning, and left the garage on the wednesday morning. we do alot of trade work, and as the car traders are our main source of custom we cant afford to mess around. we average around 14 cars per week. ranging from corners of bumpers, to big snotty repairs. we get the keys to our new garage on friday, and im excited to say the least...
You must have about 15 people working there then as thats silly fast .
I suppose if all goes well its feasible but that does seem pretty fast,you must be baking the primer on as well then and possibly not buffing back?I suppose with that volume of work and a top notch booth you could save a lot of time.
to rsturbo27,although it looks like your getting it sorted now yes,as the paints totally fresh,it will colour match fine,you`ll never notice the difference.
As for the hardner story thats billy bullshit but play along with it as it sounds that he knows he`s fucked up and is sorting it.
Old 21-05-2011, 07:52 PM
jameswrx
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BigChuck
thats a bit silly, why threaten him with putting his head through a wall?

would it not have been better to have a calm conversation, telling him your not happy and see what his response is.

he has fobbed you off, but he or his suppliers may have fucked up, surely he deserves a chance to put it right. before the ususla internet advice of burn down his garage, punch him, kill him etc is used

when you threaten someone thats it, i personally wouldn't give my car to someone i had just told i was going to hurt. who knows what happens or who is going to be there when you turn up.
Sort of agree with you but don't you think the bloke lost any respect when he said it'll fade back into one colour after a while?!
Old 22-05-2011, 09:52 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jameswrx
Sort of agree with you but don't you think the bloke lost any respect when he said it'll fade back into one colour after a while?!
Fair!!!
I used to use a company called js Hussey's in Swansea and it was pot luck what colour you got,it looked ok in the tin but often when we painted the car,it looked like two different colours!!!
The big excuse was to then tell them as the molecules in the fresh paint settle,the colour will change a but as it's still drying for a week or two afterwards.
Most of them bought it!!!
Not sorry to be out of that game!!!!
Old 22-05-2011, 01:49 PM
steven mc kay
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if the cars dont get time to set and srink between stages, isapon , primer ect they will look crap in a few months time when it all falls in ( srinkage)
i have seen cars that have been fixed fast a few months later and they were crap, but to be fair no one wants to give the body work man time they want there cars back yesterday .

thanks steven
Old 22-05-2011, 10:19 PM
kxkid

You must have about 15 people working there then as thats silly fast .
I suppose if all goes well its feasible but that does seem pretty fast,you must be baking the primer on as well then and possibly not buffing back?I suppose with that volume of work and a top notch booth you could save a lot of time.
to rsturbo27,although it looks like your getting it sorted now yes,as the paints totally fresh,it will colour match fine,you`ll never notice the difference.
As for the hardner story thats billy bullshit but play along with it as it sounds that he knows he`s fucked up and is sorting it.
Noo. There's two of us mate, the boss and myself. We bake primer for 30 minutes at 70 degrees, which is the reccomended manufacture curing time, we rub down primer with 500's, and then clear over base with waterborne products and high solid clearcoat, or 2k high solid, depending on the colour (metallic or solid) the lacquers need baking for 45 minutes to be dry, and an hour after coming out of the oven there ready for buffing and polishing. We aim to prime three cars at a time, (1 in the oven, 2 air drying). Like somebody else said. Car traders want there cars back yesterday. And sometimes shrinkages can occur. But if prepared correctly prior to priming and painting, its minimal. We'v slowed down to about 10 per week this past couple of weeks due to the boss sorting out the new premises. Hopefully we'll start moving in next week. I can't wait to work in a nice garage with heating and good facilitys wooo
Old 22-05-2011, 10:58 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Noo. There's two of us mate, the boss and myself. We bake primer for 30 minutes at 70 degrees, which is the reccomended manufacture curing time, we rub down primer with 500's, and then clear over base with waterborne products and high solid clearcoat, or 2k high solid, depending on the colour (metallic or solid) the lacquers need baking for 45 minutes to be dry, and an hour after coming out of the oven there ready for buffing and polishing. We aim to prime three cars at a time, (1 in the oven, 2 air drying). Like somebody else said. Car traders want there cars back yesterday. And sometimes shrinkages can occur. But if prepared correctly prior to priming and painting, its minimal. We'v slowed down to about 10 per week this past couple of weeks due to the boss sorting out the new premises. Hopefully we'll start moving in next week. I can't wait to work in a nice garage with heating and good facilitys wooo

very impressive,I think my big mistake was not getting a decent booth to bake primer etc as the one I had was huge but was built by the mong that I had the business off and was shite really.
Old 23-05-2011, 05:45 PM
kxkid

very impressive,I think my big mistake was not getting a decent booth to bake primer etc as the one I had was huge but was built by the mong that I had the business off and was shite really.
the spray booth is the most valuable equipment in refinishing these days, without proper extraction, and baking capabilities jobs just dont work.

we'v got a booth for sale now, as the new premises has a better one. 2500 quid. comes with everything. must be moved by buyer though.
Old 23-05-2011, 08:41 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the spray booth is the most valuable equipment in refinishing these days, without proper extraction, and baking capabilities jobs just dont work.

we'v got a booth for sale now, as the new premises has a better one. 2500 quid. comes with everything. must be moved by buyer though.
Very good price,if I was still in business id have had that off you.

Don't want a hydrovane compressor complete with dryer in perfect working condition for Ł500 do you?it's the absolute bollox of a compressor and for that money would be a handy spare or upgrade,instant pressure and it used to run a spraygun,sanders and airtools all at the same time and never lost pressure.
Ask your boss mate,it's 3phase and is easy to wire in,I could deliver it too?
Old 23-05-2011, 10:17 PM
kxkid

ill ask him mate, we were looking around the new unit last week, and i was so suprised at what i found. it was a body shop but the owner died, lets just say we got a good deal, ill let you know the ins and outs once were moved in.
Old 27-05-2011, 08:28 PM
rsturbo27

well i come back from holiday today and true to the guys word he took my car resprayed the whole car again and put it back on my drive (looks fantastic now)but only had quick look as was under a car cover he cracked the front screen taking it out but replaced it with a new 1,so to be fair i said i would pay 70% of it because i know he took a hit on the car also said i would drop a few cases of beers to the boy's down there, i wanna seem resonable i also wanna state that i really belive that if i had not of gone steaming in i dont think i would of got the service that i got thats my belief, anyway its all sorted now and i,m happy start rebuilding her back up now i,ll put sum pictures up 2morra
Old 27-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats good news then!!
Old 27-05-2011, 08:46 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well i come back from holiday today and true to the guys word he took my car resprayed the whole car again and put it back on my drive (looks fantastic now)but only had quick look as was under a car cover he cracked the front screen taking it out but replaced it with a new 1,so to be fair i said i would pay 70% of it because i know he took a hit on the car also said i would drop a few cases of beers to the boy's down there, i wanna seem resonable i also wanna state that i really belive that if i had not of gone steaming in i dont think i would of got the service that i got thats my belief, anyway its all sorted now and i,m happy start rebuilding her back up now i,ll put sum pictures up 2morra
Shit happens mate,in this game more than any other and I`m glad it got sorted.Looked to me as though he`d got someone to paint up the doors/bonnet in diamond white off the car to do the door insides and under bonnet in one and then realised the car was painted frozen white instead.
Glad you offered a drink and some money towards the screen as believe me that goes a long way,if you find any more issues he`s likely to sort them asap then.
Old 27-05-2011, 08:49 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ill ask him mate, we were looking around the new unit last week, and i was so suprised at what i found. it was a body shop but the owner died, lets just say we got a good deal, ill let you know the ins and outs once were moved in.
Cool!!!I had the exact opposite in mine,I was amazed how much could be TAKEN away from a unit,pipes and wires cut,light fittings taken etc,bit pathetic really.
That compressor is the total bollox as well mate,their still Ł4000 new/refurbished,comes with the all important drier and switchbox as well.
Old 27-05-2011, 08:50 PM
rsturbo27

well it,s funny because i tex'ed him to say i,m happy and i,d sort him the screen money out, hour later he called up the house, to say i told u i sort it bla bla, and that he,d got some left over paint so if i scratch any of the archs after i re'stud'ed them he will give them a blow over for me so what a fairytail ending lol
Old 27-05-2011, 08:53 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well it,s funny because i tex'ed him to say i,m happy and i,d sort him the screen money out, hour later he called up the house, to say i told u i sort it bla bla, and that he,d got some left over paint so if i scratch any of the archs after i re'stud'ed them he will give them a blow over for me so what a fairytail ending lol

Old 28-05-2011, 08:43 AM
rsturbolee

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you should do that, hes stuck to your request and kept his reputation, any trade who does that deserves the recomendations and respect
Old 28-05-2011, 09:50 AM
BigD.
Japan meets Dagenham

All's well that ends well