General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

how courteous are you ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 PM
rs2klee
K***LMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how courteous are you ?

"Characterized by gracious consideration toward others"

Just thinking while driving the other day, looking at other drivers and how they behave..

Would you give way to someone more so if they were driving the same car as you or make eg. a Ford "ooh a cossy, go on mate!"
Or! a really good looking woman, or would you let her wait ?
If you drive all day how many flashes of thanks or thumbs up do you get ?
Who wouldnt you give way to because its the car they drive?
OR are you the perfect courteous driver who just takes it easy and gives way anyway eg. a biker wanting to turn right in front of you, do you think " shit mate get out the middle of the road!"
Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I will be honest i let more people out who drive fords lol. It gets on my tits when you let some people out and they dont say thanks. It makes me laugh when your trying to pull out of a junction and your nearly blocking the roade need but the other drivers still drive round you. Its even funnier when they go on the other side of the road to get past you instead of just flashing you out.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always get criticised for this, letting everyone out, lifes too short imo, I do notice a trend though about 1/2 the peeps I let out in town go on to let others out, is it catching ?
I must admit if I have some arse tailgaiting I let EVERYBODY OUT ha ha!!
I must admit also to noticing how many say thanks, around here(norfolk) oldies rarely say thanks, van/delivery drivers I find more courteous, I always say thanks, even to people who I don't like, it confuses them!!
tabetha
Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

The amount of times I used to slow down / stop to let someone out etc and didn't get a simple thanks, don't bother now!

The only exception is if I see the sort of person who looks like they may be uninsured waiting to pull out, typical beat up old car, no seat belt etc, would rather they were in front than behind!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:29 PM
D.K.
BANNED
BANNED

I must admit i let women out only coz i dont fancy them behind me and hittin me up the rear

No one seems to giveway any more much ive noticed its just foot to the floor to see who gets through first! And i hate people who tailgate if they do it to me i drive extra slow when they cant get past just to cheese them off even more.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:40 PM
scoobydooby914
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to think I'm a courteous driver but I drive for a living and I've got to be places on time. So I've got to admit it winds me up a bit when youre stuck behind Joe bloggs who's retired and has nowhere to be in any particular hurry, and he's stopping at nearly every junction to let other people out. That's it really rant over.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
pikachu
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

depends on the situation, you can be a christian driver normally but being stuck in town in either traffic or just generally busy area of a city you sometimes have to push your way out.
i do let people out if there is a massive Q behind me and i try and do the whole zip thing with letting one person in then another person goes.

but as i said it depends on the situation, can only be so nice before people take the piss. specially some porsche driving wanker haha.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Eigdoog
ą§~Quadzackular~§ą

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I dont let anyone out, no one ever does it for me so i think why should i to others!

When you do help someone out i find 9/10 they dont thank you!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

If it doesn't stop me or inconvenience me, I let people out regardless of the car they drive or what they look like. Don't expect anything in return for it. Don't need to feel rewarded for being courteous to someone else.

Costs me nothing to do. Never in that much of a rush or think about it much to be honest.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

If they've got a nice car, or are a hotty then they get let out. If it's a crap car, or someone likely to hold me up (old person, bus, truck) then they don't. I always let motorbikes get passed by pulling over as far as I can.

Always give a thumbs up/wave if someone lets me out. Courtesy costs nothing.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Same here dan. I let motor bikes past me too. I would rather them be in front of me.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Im very considerate unless its a taxi or a BMW as those tend to have these amazing new indicators that you actually have to guess when they are in use or not.

i know this is not ALL BMW drivers but the vast majority in my experiance are driven by knob heads that don't indicate, say thanks for letting out or bully thier way about lanes and junctions.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Try to be couteous to other road users. My only exception to this is taxi drivers as almost without exception they are total fucktards and so inconsiderate it's untrue
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunday I was stuck in a queue outside Goodwood circuit for the breakfast club

In the correct lane waiting patiently, when a dickhead decides - in his Ferrari that he didn't want to wait 15 mins like the rest of us. He tried cutting in! Did I let him in did I heck. For the simple reason he acted like a twat. Ignored eye contact and kept edging in.
The prick did end up squeezing in due to someone in front turning round.

Best part when directed in he got sent to the commoner car park !

However I probably would have let him in nicely IF he had pull aside me wound his window down and apologised / requested to pull in.

Either way what a prick