General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

finding an old car

Search this Thread

Old 26-03-2011 | 11:55 AM
oadamo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default finding an old car

hi iam trying to find an old ford pop reg ety497 it was an old car that my dad owned years ago. how could i find out where it is now.
thanks if anyone can help
adam
Old 26-03-2011 | 12:12 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I tried an enquiry on the DVLA website, this tells you the details of the vehicle, the part I look at is the date of liability (Exercise duty) so by this you can tell if it's still on the road, ok it dosen't neccessarily mean it's on the road as SORN etc, the other part I look at is the export marker as I think if it's listed as export it either means it has ben exported or scrapped.

However looking up your reg shows nothing?

If you actually wanted to find the address I think you can pay DVLA a small fee and they will disclose you the owners details IIRC.

Martin
Old 26-03-2011 | 12:17 PM
oadamo
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by martysmartie
I tried an enquiry on the DVLA website, this tells you the details of the vehicle, the part I look at is the date of liability (Exercise duty) so by this you can tell if it's still on the road, ok it dosen't neccessarily mean it's on the road as SORN etc, the other part I look at is the export marker as I think if it's listed as export it either means it has ben exported or scrapped.

However looking up your reg shows nothing?

If you actually wanted to find the address I think you can pay DVLA a small fee and they will disclose you the owners details IIRC.

Martin
thanks for that mate i was hoping to buy it and have it done up for his birthday, ill write to the dvla and see what they say.
adam