General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Showing true colours,

Search this Thread

Old 18-02-2011, 02:36 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Danny was reading this earlier cant see him now tho
Old 18-02-2011, 02:37 PM
T28 RST
Ok then

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another Fucked Rebuild
Old 18-02-2011, 03:04 PM
c20tbo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Off topic as ive not had dealing as yet with EP/Luke/Danny, but hope Luke is ok due to the rta, never a nice thing to happen to anyone.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:10 PM
ST Turbo
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny @ Enhanced Performance
Yes since afr tuning went in a shared unit with ep and i pulled out afr took over and now luke works for that company..

Luke has made mistakes just has everyone i wont lie but i can assure you that 99% of his work is spot on..

His mapping has got really good and over the years iv used a few people with far more experience do no where near as good a job at mapping as luke!!

Most of the cossie engine builds i deal with and do up at joe stevens and luke maps them and can assure anyone there isnt one problem that will arise on here about them??

Believe me theres more to these rst stories than meets the eye!!!

cheers danny
I heard of another story by EP/AFR, about a skyline you mapped... something like 2 bar boost and 36 degrees advanced ignition, now i know im no mapper, but did you not even check if it was det'in? And the fact that you changed companys from afr to ep, because of a few un happy customers... hmm interesting...
Old 18-02-2011, 03:12 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

usually stay well clear of writing on such posts...

from what i had read it looked like enhanced performance were going to be the robin hood of the ford scene....helping people with their problems etc etc....danny and luke had distanced themselves from their old company abc motorsport which had got a bad reputation. they managed to convince everyone it had been someone elses doing.(someone bought danny out if i remember right and fucked it up?)

they quickly built up what i would describe as a decent reputation as enhanced performance,but now there are cracks appearing. a few weeks ago danny would fight tooth and nail for this company and defend luke no end-now it seems danny has moved on,and luke is getting the grief for what may or may not be very poor workmanship.if it is now falling apart i think its a shame as i got the impression that enhanced were going to become a reasonably big player in the ford tuning scene.

i may be completely off the mark and stand to be corrected if that is the case.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:13 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Tbh pictures dont tell lies and why would john, d4 and morph lie about it??
Old 18-02-2011, 03:15 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

To be honest the connection with paul hills had me worried from the start i was expecting a thread like this from the start! & jay your right a while back danny wouldnt let anyone breathe on luke
Old 18-02-2011, 03:22 PM
jason_nike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 98 Likes on 92 Posts

As previously said, hope Luke is ok, never good if someone is injured.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

there's always 2 sides to the story, people should think about that before casting judgement with only half the story.

people on forums are too quick to jump on the bandwagon when someone says something is shit. "oh they must be cunts rip off bastards etc"

I smell a fish with the RST story. it dont all add up. Now i could call john a billy bullshitter but i wont until ive have all the facts and can make an informed judgement.

Ive been happy with any work ive had done by EP.

Although Danny you didnt clean those wheels you sold me
Old 18-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I always go out of my way to insure people get what they ask me for and iv dealt with litterally loads of people from here..

As iv said umpteen times ep wasnt mine i helped out there and had mainly involvement in the cossies..

I wasnt ever always there from day to day running of the business and had nothing to do with it financially..

Things have changed again lately so i have even less to do with ep but still sort out alot of booking etc for the mapping and still take on cossie engine builds etc

cheers danny

Sorry, I'm confused...You have Danny@ Enhanced Performance as a username and are a trader, and have the stickers on your "track car" but in one breath you say you're involved and the next you're not?

I don't understand...
Old 18-02-2011, 03:35 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
Sorry, I'm confused...You have Danny@ Enhanced Performance as a username and are a trader, and have the stickers on your "track car" but in one breath you say you're involved and the next you're not?

I don't understand...

it doesnt make sense.....who owned enhanced then if danny didnt? luke? charlie? i was always under the impression that from abc motorsport danny and luke went on to enhanced performance with danny as the main man and luke on the tools.?
and if enhanced has been bought out-who has received the buy out money?

also i hope luke recovers from his crash
Old 18-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Char1ie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

My advice to Luke was to turn away customers that didn't fit the business, or would be troublesome. I can't comment on the specifics of either job as I wasn't involved but I do know that both John's S1 and D4 RST caused Luke massive hassle with ongoing non-payment. I seem to remember D4 RST sitting in the workshop for weeks while the owner tried to get the money together to pay the bill.

I know that they will respond with "why pay for work that wasn't done right" but partially I think when one is working for customers that have a reputation for not paying one doesn't do the best work for them.

I believe that any tuner that isn't interested in doing a perfect 100% job with all the Is dotted and the Ts crossed then that tuner should refuse to do the work. Luke took on jobs that weren't worth doing then didn't do them as well as he could - in these situations mistakes get made and reputations get damaged.

Charlie

Last edited by Char1ie; 18-02-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:44 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Danny, have you looked at the pictures on john's photobucket account? i suggest you do as the workmanship was shoddy, diabolical, and every other shit word i can think of this wasn't just a slight misshap but a MAJOR complete FUCK UP
jme-rst
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

The link to the enhanced developments website cannot be found.
Seems abut strange their company is registered in islington London on a shopping street but they trade in Horsham Sussex.?
Char1ie

Originally Posted by fordsportjay
it doesnt make sense.....who owned enhanced then if danny didnt? luke? charlie? i was always under the impression that from abc motorsport danny and luke went on to enhanced performance with danny as the main man and luke on the tools.?
and if enhanced has been bought out-who has received the buy out money?

also i hope luke recovers from his crash
What doesn't make sense? Luke worked for himself and named the company Enhanced Performance. Luke is still working for himself but has the admin support and premises shared with ABC Motorsport.
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Interesting isnt it.

The story from page one is changing by the minute as more facts turn up and the other side of the story begins to be heard.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its pretty simple niel i do my bit for ep and they look after my car!!

I deal with certain jobs but deal with that person from beggining to end with out any probs

I had to become a trader on here as i was forced to by them above that then pushed me into doing more for ep..

If you really are confused or think i have anything to hide call me mate 07960144497

You wont though will you because its not your style and youd rather bitch on here??

Bet you miss the tags too??ah

I can and will stick up for luke when im sure im right but on some occassions i cant and wont untill i know the truth as like iv said i didnt deal with any of the named people in this thread..

cheers danny
Dan left you a tag...not me.

So, dunno about the "not my style"....if i have a question, i ask.
The knowledge I gain from being around owners and tuners in the scene gives me a fair and balanced view on things i feel.

But your username and involvement isn't simple...one minute you post "I build the Cossie engines" "we have built dozens of 300bhp CVH engines" and the next you state "i have nothing to do with EP" IS confusing, hence me asking.

Simple question that was worth an attempt to clear up.

Anyway, i shall wash my hands of this now. Best of luck, in whatever your role is.

Cheers Neil
Old 18-02-2011, 03:49 PM
ST Turbo
Regular Contributor

Afr and ep have always been seperate companies!!!its just afr had bought out ep!!!

Ep dont do the mapping for afr as they do thier own..

So you mate are waffling bullshit

Hi ya jay

Things have been really good for ep mate and iv tried my best to keep luke and the company on top!!

We have loads and loads of happy customers but there will always be one or two that arent happy or the job goes wrong etc..

Unfortunately some people think that when you do a certain amount of work on thier car that you are then fully responsible for it going wrong in the future etc!!!lol

Like johns cam falling apart and his metering unit giving up on the way home??

Nothing to do with what it first come in for but yet john even says in his post that after spendind money with us we were then held responsible for any future miss haps!!!

There was fuck ups on johns car il admit as i had rows with luke over it but nothing to the extent john is making out..

As for morph and d4 well thats a 10 pager on its own!!!!

cheers danny

lol ok sunshine! Your 'company name' (i dont know if its enhanced performance, aft tuning or what) was mentiond by the owner of the skyline, i will try and get hold of the afr print out i was shown, looks like the FTSE stock market when the car came on boost lololol!

To be honest, no one could even post on this and somehow you will still make yourself out to look like a bit of a piece!

The op clearly asked you to look over his engine which you charged him Ł1200 for, so if something went wrong with the engine then you prob should of seen the problem especially if it was a worn cam, im pretty sure once the cam starts a little its quite clear to see the damage?
Old 18-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

John i might of been about mate when you brought your car in but you never dealt with me in any way!!!ever..

Youve also missed out many parts of the story but tbh i cant answer as i didnt do any dealings with you or work on your car..

Luke had an rta today and had to be cut free from his car so might not be able to defend himself for a while but as iv said unless lukes lied to me about a few things the above is far from the truth on many things..

As for me being part of ep,yes theres always been involvement and we had spoke about being partners again many times but its never come off for more reasons than one..

I would say more on the whole incidents mentioned but really dont know enough of the facts to comment anymore!!

But im sure a few will be able to remember me and john/caz having words(cossie4i thread and others)where i asked outright what the problems were and why try and slate us but not speak about what was bothering you..

As for morph and d4 well them storys are honestly a joke!!!!

Also john when you last came to pick up your car you didnt moan about a thing as far as i was told but just begged to take your car promising payment the next day??

Anyway as said that really is as much as i know and can answer on at mo..

cheers danny
Payment next day your right, As i said the issue's i found after taking the car back off your company didnt warrant paying, I wasnt going to pay for a broken fooooked car am i? Would you? i wanted it fixed and after all the bullshit all i wanted was a working car your company never delivered them good's to me, And thus returned my car in a worst state than when it went in

Pictures dont lie danny, and neither do i, Yeah i have mate's like caz etc that was around when i was having issue's with EP so they know full well the story, You and luke are good hiding your self's behind cosworth's and the people surrounding them, I ask you this read my post and explain why it wasnt gauranteed in the first place so why should payment be needed if it's gauranteed by EP's workmanship? Oh yeah that's because yet again bullshit,

Check my pictures danny go on see what EP did to my S1 MINT i may add .
Old 18-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Karlos G
Balls Deep!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I have been aware of Johns problems since the beginning and have seen the state of the car since being in their hands, there is no bull shit here, they ruined his car!
Add to that the recent discoveries by Jamsport with D4's car and that should be enough for anyone to know all they need to know about EP.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Char1ie
I believe that any tuner that isn't interested in doing a perfect 100% job with all the Is dotted and the Ts crossed then ......
That tuner shouldnt be in business ?
Old 18-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Originally Posted by Karlos G
I have been aware of Johns problems since the beginning and have seen the state of the car since being in their hands, there is no bull shit here, they ruined his car!
Add to that the recent discoveries by Jamsport with D4's car and that should be enough for anyone to know all they need to know about EP.
CheeRS mate
Old 18-02-2011, 04:00 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What doesn't make sense? Luke worked for himself and named the company Enhanced Performance. Luke is still working for himself but has the admin support and premises shared with ABC Motorsport.

so what you are saying is luke is/was enhanced performance? so he will have been the beneficiary of the buy out from afr? if that is the case then you have answered the question i asked......thanks.

if luke was enhanced perfomance he had some good friends... like danny who were prepared to stick his name on his car and be prepared to advertise on here as a trader as enhanced performance.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Char1ie

Originally Posted by Deano
That tuner shouldnt be in business ?
Fair point. But once that tuner has learnt from his mistakes then he should be in business provided that he doesn't screw up again in the same way.

And when a customer has taken their car, promising to pay next day, and doesn't pay, then I can see why a tuner would be unwilling to deal with that customer any further.

My guess is that once Luke is out of hospital (I think he's in one today following a car crash) I'm sure he won't spend days on this forum answering as these things never play out well on a forum.

Reputation is everything in the world of tuning and I think it's a shame that Luke's isn't better, however it's also a shame that the jobs that Luke should have refused to do, because the customers couldn't afford to pay, are also the jobs that are coming back to haunt him.

Charlie
Old 18-02-2011, 04:02 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

See what come back he's got now, probably more BULLSHIT
Old 18-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Char1ie

so what you are saying is luke is/was enhanced performance? so he will have been the beneficiary of the buy out from afr? if that is the case then you have answered the question i asked......thanks.

if luke was enhanced perfomance he had some good friends... like danny who were prepared to stick his name on his car and be prepared to advertise on here as a trader as enhanced performance.
Indeed, Danny is a supporter and is very closely linked to the business, and Luke does have some good friends. I don't think you should assume that AFR bought Enhanced Performance.

Charlie
Old 18-02-2011, 04:04 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Fair point. But once that tuner has learnt from his mistakes then he should be in business provided that he doesn't screw up again in the same way.

And when a customer has taken their car, promising to pay next day, and doesn't pay, then I can see why a tuner would be unwilling to deal with that customer any further.

My guess is that once Luke is out of hospital (I think he's in one today following a car crash) I'm sure he won't spend days on this forum answering as these things never play out well on a forum.

Reputation is everything in the world of tuning and I think it's a shame that Luke's isn't better, however it's also a shame that the jobs that Luke should have refused to do, because the customers couldn't afford to pay, are also the jobs that are coming back to haunt him.

Charlie
He fucked his car up so why should he pay???
Old 18-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Charlie
Pay for a brand new engine build (that fucked up in 500mile) that was already worked and gauranteed? Have you lost your fucking head? What do i look like a MUG?

I'll add there, Because luke didnt do the work right (Draining oil and gallerys etc Which he didnt do) He agreed a full new engine build for free as it was his fault! Simple in my eyes. Also he said he was charging me because charlie wouldnt release the car without payment! HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF A GAURANTEE?

It drained of oil because luke didnt fix the return oil pipe on hence lost oil on the road. I am NO mechanic i am not meant to check there work i ask is it all good? He said yes that's all i need to know as a customer!!

Christ get some brain cells!!!

Last edited by Rs Cosworth 1; 18-02-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:10 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

quoted from dannys post above PLEASE SEE LINK BELOW CAZ'S AS ITS A REPLY TO CHARLIE

"Now afr have bought ep out and got luke to work for them"

that gives me the impression that afr bought out enhanced performanceI WAS NOT ASSUMING,I WAS GOING OFF FACTS.i was going to keep out of this now but what you have stated(and you were involved with the business alongside danny) it seems like one of you dont even know what has gone on?????

so what is the truth? did afr buy enhanced from luke or did they just take over and luke threw away his business to become employed by afr

Last edited by fordsportjay; 18-02-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:12 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Danny, the thread that john started, and i backed up is because it is 100% true!

You (as a company) offered a full guaranteed inspection of the car at a cost of Ł1200, ... why would you charge an amount for a guarantee, if after its been in your hands your not going to guarantee it then charge for work that should not have needed doing had your inspection been up to scratch!?!?

You can come on here and try and worm your way out of it, but the pictures and experience that was had is enough evidence to prove otherwise to your lies!

I for one watched that S1 go from a mint shell with a head gasket blown, and christ knows how much money spent at your garage for work that wouldn't even get the car home without an issue on more than one occasion, an S1 that came back with exterior damage as mentioned above!

John has held back from naming the garage that fucked his pride and joy that everyone has seen previous in threads, and im glad now that everyone who has seen and heard about Johns, D4's, Morph's now know who caused the damage and shoddy work!
Old 18-02-2011, 04:12 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Indeed, Danny is a supporter and is very closely linked to the business, and Luke does have some good friends. I don't think you should assume that AFR bought Enhanced Performance.

Charlie
my answer above is to this link.....................
Old 18-02-2011, 04:13 PM
stuart collins
PassionFord Post Troll

who built the engine in d4 s car who made the nice inlet , why weld a rs 500 intercooler to the rad?? i dont understand how any company could do that for a customer and think it looks ok??
Old 18-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

John i dont hide behind anything mate..

I know you and luke had dealings and i didnt know all the truth but you are also making it out alot different to how it was..

If luke did make all them bodges then all i can say is thats terrible but i cant say anymore on it as he will need to defend himself

As for findings on d4..yeah i hear the engines fucked??

After constant mind changing and umpteen hours on the dyno and a not so clever owner im not suprised??

As for me building any cvhs il openly say i hate them and have never built one personally although luke has..

cheers danny
ALOT different? Hmmm the way i see it is, He checked it over pistons sump rods crank head cam etc etc as i payed him Ł1200 to do and gaurantee the work and the gaurantee the RR set up. Now ask your self when it all went FUBAR why should i have layed a penny out? The car was running 15PSI of boost not some mental 25PSI pound and before anyone say's you can up the boost, No you cant because luke lock threaded it for safety.

So gaurantee was shot as EP wouldnt stand by there work and gaurantee and by looking at my S1 i am not suprised., Took months/Nearly a year to get the work done, Came back damaged in more way's than 1.

Luke has a gift of the gab and that is all.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Char1ie

quoted from dannys post above

"Now afr have bought ep out and got luke to work for them"

that gives me the impression that afr bought out enhanced performance.i was going to keep out of this now but what you have stated(and you were involved with the business alongside danny) it seems like one of you dont even know what has gone on?????

so what is the truth? did afr buy enhanced from luke or did they just take over and luke threw away his business to become employed by afr
I think Danny may have made a mistake as I don't think AFR bought Enhanced Performance. As with a lot of this thread I don't know for sure.

Sometimes we just have to live with uncertainty

Have a nice weekend everybody. I'm off home. Don't get your knickers in a twist and remember there's more to life than cars and engines.

Charlie
Old 18-02-2011, 04:15 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

As for findings on d4..yeah i hear the engines fucked??

After constant mind changing and umpteen hours on the dyno and a not so clever owner im not suprised??

cheers danny
is that how you deal and think of your customers...?! is that why this work goes out...take the money, do a shoddy job and let it go out on the road, iif D4, or anyone else on this forum could physically do the job themselves and guarantee it was going to work and run well they would do it themselves, but thats the reason they took them to a garage such as EP, they shouldn't be expected to check your work, as your meant to be a trusted garage who know's what they are doing..
Old 18-02-2011, 04:23 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive just noticed this quote above.....

so did enhanced performance move into a unit with the new ABC motorsport that danny and luke had sold a few years back and was helped by them with admin etc?

the same abc that danny claimed had fucked up since he sold it.

is the above statement correct,if so does that mean that afr is actually a new name for abc motorsport?
Old 18-02-2011, 04:24 PM
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My advice to Luke was to turn away customers that didn't fit the business, or would be troublesome. I can't comment on the specifics of either job as I wasn't involved but I do know that both John's S1 and D4 RST caused Luke massive hassle with ongoing non-payment. I seem to remember D4 RST sitting in the workshop for weeks while the owner tried to get the money together to pay the bill.

I know that they will respond with "why pay for work that wasn't done right" but partially I think when one is working for customers that have a reputation for not paying one doesn't do the best work for them.

I believe that any tuner that isn't interested in doing a perfect 100% job with all the Is dotted and the Ts crossed then that tuner should refuse to do the work. Luke took on jobs that weren't worth doing then didn't do them as well as he could - in these situations mistakes get made and reputations get damaged.

Charlie
why did luke take the jobs on then if the customer couldnt afford? surely you would turn them away instead of bodging the car and still charging them?? that way corners dont get cut and reps dont get ruined
Old 18-02-2011, 04:26 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think Danny may have made a mistake as I don't think AFR bought Enhanced Performance. As with a lot of this thread I don't know for sure.

Sometimes we just have to live with uncertainty

Have a nice weekend everybody. I'm off home. Don't get your knickers in a twist and remember there's more to life than cars and engines.

Charlie

im just quoting facts that both you and danny are stating in this thread.no-one seems to know what the fuck has gone on and who owns the business......

then after being questioned about a couple of quotes- you go off home for the weekend...see you monday. god,i never get involved in these but this is fun!!
Old 18-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Char1ie

Are you Miss Marple or Hercule Poirrot today?

AFR is a company that tunes cars run by two guys called I think, Matt and John. From what I have seen they are specialising in tuning and buidling high end Japanese performance cars and are doing very well. It is nothing to do with ABC Motorsport.

http://www.afrtuning.co.uk/

Charlie
Old 18-02-2011, 04:28 PM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im just quoting facts that both you and danny are stating in this thread.no-one seems to know what the fuck has gone on and who owns the business......

then after being questioned about a couple of quotes- you go off home for the weekend...see you monday. god,i never get involved in these but this is fun!!
it's always the same with them, ya never get straight answers and the blame is always passed from pillar to post! Not one will ever accept liability even though there is plenty of evidence to uphold every claim!

Quick Reply: Showing true colours,