General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Does anyone have access to the PNC, and can do me a massive favour please?

Search this Thread

Old 16-02-2011, 10:49 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by brad
Let's see if you can understand this explanation a little easier shall we.
To request that someone use their ability to misuse the pnc database is a crime in itself and can end up with a criminal record for attempting to pervert the course of justice.

As much as I'm certain everybody on pf would all like to help get some sort of retribution and the whole situation must be totally soul destroying, going outside the law when the law are allready involved could jeopardise any kind of payout from either sides insurance company
Mate i understand and agree with what you are saying in your first couple of sentences (that i have highlighted in bold) but some of the replies could have been a bit more tactful.
Regarding the last paragraph (that i have highlighted in italics), i think Fudgey has tried all of the usual legal options such as relying on the police to do the job that they are paid for. Is it any wonder that nowadays people feel that they have to try more unconventional methods to get results?
Fudgey, surely it's in the interest of your insurance company to get this sorted in your favour as it then saves them having to pay out, are they doing anything to help you?
Old 16-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

This is why i am continuing with my camera system despite the slating. When its finished i will have a camera on each side. The cunts cant contest camera footage as easily as Eye Witness Testimony. Any reasonable solicitor will rip apart your EWT following an accident citing loads of variables especially estimator variables and citing memory problems due to stress etc.
Originally Posted by Fudgey
anyway, all i wanted to know is, the cunt htat the van was registered to is now saying that he sold the van. but i have a pic from 2 days after the incident with the van parked on a driveway local to me, and i also seen the van a week or so later at the same address.

so i was just trying to see if anyone could tell the a: the address that the van was registered to on the 20/12/10 to see if it was the same address, and b: if possible that so called sale date.
fudgey you are entitled to request the info off the DVLA as you have a valid reason, ie involved in RTA.

did you report the assault to the cops??? cant you request a copy of your statement and the description of the driver to help your case? ie if he claims he sold it to so and so, contact so and so and if he dont match description you know its not him but the original driver.

and if the cunt says i dont know who i sold it to etc then surely DVLA will fuck him too??
Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Fudgey, surely it's in the interest of your insurance company to get this sorted in your favour as it then saves them having to pay out, are they doing anything to help you?
they wont do much. Once it becomes complicated like in this case it could cost thousands in admin costs, trying to take the cunt to court etc only to loose anyway. So probably on balance of probabilities, if initial efforts look unsuccessful then for such a small claim (lets be honest it is a small amount in insurance terms) its not worth the risk of fighting it.

Its the same reason so many accidents go 50/50 where there is any doubt whatsoever or contest for liability. its just cheaper that way.

Last edited by Psycho Warren; 16-02-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:09 AM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
access to THE PNC!-YOU REAL???
useful imput as usual, is your cap lock key broken or are you just a asw post troll?
Old 17-02-2011, 06:32 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

dan, i am sure that you have a reasonable reason to inquire to the dvla to get thi sinformation (i.e. hit and run accident). i think it costs a fiver.
Old 17-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRubNoDub
useful imput as usual, is your cap lock key broken or are you just a asw post troll?
hes a post troll thats for sure.

He probably dont know where the caps key is anyway, just knocked it on with one of his troll hands!
Old 17-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Dan, just request the info from the DVLA, at least you will have the info on paper and can show it to the insurance co.

Even if Dibble did check the pnc for you on the sly and provide the info you require how would you be able to prove it to anyone if you can't say/show how you came by it? Engage brain pls
Old 17-02-2011, 07:45 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Fudgey
sorry for not being a cop and not knowing that you can get into shit for looking on the PNC without cause...

jesus...

anyway, all i wanted to know is, the cunt htat the van was registered to is now saying that he sold the van. but i have a pic from 2 days after the incident with the van parked on a driveway local to me, and i also seen the van a week or so later at the same address.

so i was just trying to see if anyone could tell the a: the address that the van was registered to on the 20/12/10 to see if it was the same address, and b: if possible that so called sale date.

thats all.
the dvla will supply you this data for a small fee
Old 17-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Brendan
struggling with reality

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pm me your tel... I have an idea.......
Old 17-02-2011, 09:45 AM
D16PJM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why you haven't been paid out surely your company should pay if fully comp and then claim back from the 3rd party or if they can't claim back they normally take 2 years no claims off of you if protected as you have a total loss claim.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

well, had a letter from, the solicitors earlier, basically saying that its not a civil matter any more (gone legal?) and that the 3dr party insurance have 3 months to look into it...

FFS!

i think ill call the solicitor first to see what the other ins co are saying, and then call the dvla and request the evidence etc...

ill also call my insurance to see if they will payout, then its up tot them to chase up the 3dr party...

im truley fed up with it now.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:07 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

You shouldn't be doing any chasing, or detective work - that's what insurance companies are for!

It can take months, or even years to get a full payout from a case that goes legal!

All I would suggest is that you keep on the back of your broker to get it sorted as soon as possible.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:26 PM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Fudgey, you have my sympathy on this one mate. From my own experience with this kind of collision, CPS will not run the case if it is your word against another. ID of the offending driver is an issue, and unless it is a very very serious collision, you have no chance of an ID parade being paid for either.

Also, even if the address tallies, it does not mean anything, as the registered keeper is not always the legal owner. Just what have the police actually said to you about the collision?
Old 18-02-2011, 05:28 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

You need to be patent, lower your expecations on the time scale.

My gut feeling is the right result will come through in the end, but it will be a long saga. Chin up
Old 18-02-2011, 05:52 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by pee vee
I've had this happen to two different mates on two seperate occasions now. .
Two different mates? You?

Hope it gets sorted for you dan
Old 19-02-2011, 08:56 AM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

I fear you will become the loser in this case,the type of scum that hit you always seem to get away with it these days.
CASE 1
Some one rear ended me a few years ago,got out inspected the damage and told him to pull into a side road to exchange details.I pulled in ,he f*cked off.Got his reg,told the police.They went to visit him,sore the damage to the front of his car.He says he crashed it months ago and doesn,t know of any accident.Police say without witness there,s nothing they can do.
CASE 2 (lesson learned)
Pikey transit reversed into my front bumper in traffic(was trying to do a u-turn)I got out,he drove off,chased after him for about 2 mile .He finally pulled over stinking of drink,asked what my problem was,says it was my fault and it,s only my bumper thats damaged.I tell him he stinks of drink and if we don,t get this sorted i,m phoning the police.He says give me your number i,ll ring you later.Bullshit i said and explained i want £80 for a new front bumper.When i again threaten to phone old bill,he gets his wallet out.He couldn,t count and gave me £120 (6 £20,s )Result.
If you havn,t got witnesses your f*cked.
At least you know where he lives.

Last edited by mercury grey minter; 19-02-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 19-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

were you packing heat to take on a pikey?? ballsy i'll give you that. Much easier to burn down their caravan park later that night
Old 19-02-2011, 09:16 AM
mercury grey minter
PassionFord Post Troll

There were 4 of them all together(drive laying group i think)i,m not brave,just got the red mist.Don,t know what i would have done if they squared up to me.I,m 6ft and 16 stone but not a fighter,more a lover.
Feel sorry for FUDGEY,nice car and not a straight forward repair.Always semms to happen to decent people

Last edited by mercury grey minter; 19-02-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 19-02-2011, 10:48 AM
nthorpey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

can you not request an owners details from the DVLA? Sure this cost's like £5 and will give the current and previous registered owners of that vehicle. you then have a name of who is registered and they should have some responsibility over the accident. ?