General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

How safe is your car ?

Search this Thread

Old 17-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How safe is your car ?

As above,rather than fill a post about a car going missing with other stuff i thought i would see what you really think about stuff like this

http://www.lockandkeyshop.co.uk/acat...Equipment.html

http://www.lockandkeyshop.co.uk/acat..._Packages.html

http://www.lockandkeyshop.co.uk/acat...dbull_Kit.html

now as i see it if a thief wanted your new focus rs or somthing else tasty theres not much you can do to stop someone with the gear taking it and seeing as these machines can even do new 7 series bmw's whats one worth for export ? whats a new focus rs worth in bits ?
you can buy machines that will do the lot,tell you codes and programme the key and cut it if you have a cutter too.

shocking that you can buy stuff like this

Last edited by Marvin_hagler_; 17-01-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:01 PM
haz87
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 178 Likes on 168 Posts

Well done for advertising it and giving it more exposure
Old 17-01-2011, 07:05 PM
paul16v
Monte 087

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Loads of stuff out there along the lines of this, lockout kits etc.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:07 PM
rs-tuner
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ime it takes a while to program a key
Old 17-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

There more than welcome to come through my garden to try and pinch my car...Because i will be sat there with the 12bore ready for a exercise.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:16 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

i expect the majority of cars that do go missing go missing with a spare key and knowledge
i know it happened more years ago, i think its stiff rife when you realise your car is worth more missing

used to be many sites where job'd cars got burnt out, now i bet they get stripped instead
Old 17-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

Originally Posted by haz87
Well done for advertising it and giving it more exposure
dont get shitty with me ,what about when some poor fuckers car goes walkies and your wondering how it happens

i'd really like to know if people on here realise you could in theory for about 3 grand buy everything you need to steal a car without damaging it and drive it away .

Last edited by Marvin_hagler_; 17-01-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:17 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

that vag pincode reading is pretty impressive afaik main dealers cant even do that and they have to give the system a new pin rather than get the original
Old 17-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

Originally Posted by paul16v
Loads of stuff out there along the lines of this, lockout kits etc.

theres even how to's on youtube and its called bumplocking. theres a whole army of fuckers learning how to break into locks with minimum fuss.they even have there own forum and theres tons of stuff for sale to pick or bump locks
Old 17-01-2011, 07:20 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

add one of these and your bubbling
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GPS-Jammer-T...5295594&sr=8-1

lol
Old 17-01-2011, 07:23 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

to be honest, I would rather I woke up and found my car gone and the house never entered than wake up to have to deal with tooled up scum willing to do harm to get the keys.

Regardless if they manage to get the car or not, your still left with smashed windows or damaged locks, and the horrible feeling that some dirty scrote has been in your home. If the dont manage to take it you will have the next few months waking at every sound thinking someone is trying to get it again and worse still if you manage to defend your property at the missfortune of the intruder, you have to justify your level of force?

I would be more concerned at the possibility of insurance companies begining to refuse to pay out if your car is taken with keys regardless of how they are obtained, that would be a nightmare!
Old 17-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

matts you don't need to break into a house for the keys,you can buy the gear to read the lock and then pull the immobiliser codes out the ecu and then programme the key and drive it away.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:28 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler
matts you don't need to break into a house for the keys,you can buy the gear to read the lock and then pull the immobiliser codes out the ecu and then programme the key and drive it away.
(steering lock still to get round)
Old 17-01-2011, 07:29 PM
rhinopower
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1.9 xr2 on 40's
that vag pincode reading is pretty impressive afaik main dealers cant even do that and they have to give the system a new pin rather than get the original
Can do it with a £15 cable from ebay and a program called vagkey, done it myself when i needed a spare key
Old 17-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

fuckin 45 quid

its no good sticking your head up your arse when stuff like this is for sale.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

(steering lock still to get round)

matey theres a machine and system for sale that will tell you the key code in the lock and then cut a key to unlock the door. then with a programmer you can find out all the immobiliser ecu codes and programme the key.
you can for sure with the right gear steal a car and a very expensive car with no damage and drive it away.
thats the reason for the post,i was told you couldn't do it but it seems thats not the case when you look at the machines and what they claim to be able to do.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:38 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

that's what I mean, if they wanted the car I would rather it went without my house getting intruded and without ending up with the choice of let it go, or risk injury or prosecution trying to get them back out of you house.

Happens all the time with people getting done over while they are watching tv in the evening, mate has been done twice in just over a year!
Old 17-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Marvin even with all the gear it still takes time. modern key locks are not really quick to pick. And even once the locks open, most post 2005 cars unlocking the door on its own wont turn off alarm.

lets assume you get in with no alarm activation... youve got to set up the machine, decode the ecu, program a transponder, decode the ignition barrel, make a temporary "make up key" for the steering lock, and then start it up and drive away.

that will take a reasonable amount of time.

then of course you have to deal with any aftermarket alarms and youd need the dealer box to decode them.....

Then you have the biggest flaw of all, car theft is not like "gone in 60 seconds" where a crew gets shit loads of cash for stealing cars. they are just not that well paid. The thiefs just arent well enough paid to afford the complex diagnostic gear youve linked to. so they will do the easier thing and steal the keys.

Its much easier to pick up a brick or carry a couple of bump keys/jigglers to get in house to nick keys.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:59 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

agree, far easier for them to break in, get the keys and drive off than risk sitting in the car with your gear not knowing if you have been clocked and if the police are on route. Smash and grab and they are gone before the old bill arrive or even called.

Most are taken by teenage lads getting a bung for them,ordered up by criminals high up the chain for either shipping or armed robbery or breaking. They aren't going to invest in that sort of kit I wouldn't think.
Old 17-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Marvin even with all the gear it still takes time. modern key locks are not really quick to pick. And even once the locks open, most post 2005 cars unlocking the door on its own wont turn off alarm.

lets assume you get in with no alarm activation... youve got to set up the machine, decode the ecu, program a transponder, decode the ignition barrel, make a temporary "make up key" for the steering lock, and then start it up and drive away.

that will take a reasonable amount of time.

then of course you have to deal with any aftermarket alarms and youd need the dealer box to decode them.....

Then you have the biggest flaw of all, car theft is not like "gone in 60 seconds" where a crew gets shit loads of cash for stealing cars. they are just not that well paid. The thiefs just arent well enough paid to afford the complex diagnostic gear youve linked to. so they will do the easier thing

Its much easier to pick up a brick or carry a couple of bump keys/jigglers to get in house to nick keys.
check this then and tell me you don't think its quick and easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMhBPAQVgo
Old 17-01-2011, 08:12 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

keep a silenced handgun in your bedroom with your keys for when they break in and a shovel and bag of lime in the shed, then upon them breaking in, kill them take them to the local woods and bury them this way you will avoid prosecution, stop the fuckers from doing it to anyone else and be able to enjoy the rest of your evening knowing you have had your justice lol

p.s i do not own a gun for all you police types that may be watching this thread
and for all you thief types watching yes i do have a gun!
Old 17-01-2011, 09:45 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd ove them to try and start my car with no ECU in it.
Old 17-01-2011, 10:29 PM
fezzielove
PassionFord Regular

yes this tool will get you into a car quick but if i can remember rightly for a boot lock there is 2 levers 4 for door lock and 6 for ignition so you will have to do this to the door then the ignition seems alot of messing about easier to tap a star bit into the door lock turn on ratchet until the retaining clip behind shits it self then the lock turns regardless of a key snap and cap your off but them programmers you are looking at i can guaranty would not be on a thefts Christmas list. would be much easier to make friends with some one with access to the keys ie someone at dealership and owner information so they can make copies of the keys
Old 17-01-2011, 10:59 PM
furqall

add one of these and your bubbling
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GPS-Jammer-T...5295594&sr=8-1

lol

ive got one of those i plug it in when i dont want my boss to see me van outside the sauna lol
Old 17-01-2011, 11:15 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by botters
keep a silenced handgun in your bedroom with your keys for when they break in and a shovel and bag of lime in the shed, then upon them breaking in, kill them take them to the local woods and bury them this way you will avoid prosecution, stop the fuckers from doing it to anyone else and be able to enjoy the rest of your evening knowing you have had your justice lol
Seems the only rational option left TBH.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 18-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

I think its funny how people think you can actually stop car theft. Unfortunately you can't. If there is one thing I have learnt from horror stories and friends having things stolen its this....
If someone wants to take something enough, they will, regardless of what might be in their way.
Friend had an S1 with wheel tilt sensors, 10foot enclosure, steeringwheel/handbrake movement sensors etc... the most elaborate alarm system I have ever seen. In a locked garage, with 3 cars parked infront of it, a 6foot wall one side of the cars, and two mobile homes the other.
Still, week before christmas last year, woke up, all the cars out on the road, the garage door open and his car gone, Few hours later police found the completely gutted shell on fire in the next village.
Old 18-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

And that only gets you past the physical locks. it does nothing for the immobilisor or aftermarket alarm of which everything in my post tells you if youd bothered to read it.

still takes him a good while to get in even with the custom designed tibbe pick.
Originally Posted by RS Grant
Seems the only rational option left TBH.
i agree although it might cause a bit of an arms war with burglars as theyd be tooled up with kevlar and shooters because theyd be expecting to encounter guns.
Old 18-01-2011, 03:23 PM
rsturbolee

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fezzielove

ive got one of those and a few vag ones etc as i do recovery and repo work

it will open any ford lock inc ignition, sometimes it takes 60 seconds sometimes it takes 5
Old 18-01-2011, 04:13 PM
david 100

They should if and when car thieves are caught they should give them 15 years in jail, it might put some off from doing it.
Old 18-01-2011, 04:17 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

anyways these kits are ideal for mot places
that guy on here lost his big merc 4x4 the same way, they made a key while they mot'd his car
nobody is sitting in their car at 3am doin it i bet
Old 18-01-2011, 04:27 PM
fiestamad

take ur battery out before u go bed or take a wheel off like to see them move it then
Old 18-01-2011, 06:28 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by david 100
They should if and when car thieves are caught they should give them 15 years in jail, it might put some off from doing it.
the penalty does need to be tougher to prevent it - why pay for someone in jail for 15 years when you could cut their hands off for very little.
Old 18-01-2011, 06:33 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rsmat
There more than welcome to come through my garden to try and pinch my car...Because i will be sat there with the 12bore ready for a exercise.
For 24 hrs a day for the rest of your life ?
tabetha
Old 18-01-2011, 06:43 PM
rsdan2evn
Regular Contributor

When i use to leave my skyline went i went away, id just take batt out and leave it in the house.
Old 18-01-2011, 06:53 PM
left hooker
PassionFord Regular

i remember unlocking my collage lecture's bmw with the casio tv/video watch
Old 18-01-2011, 06:54 PM
James
PassionFord Post Whore!!

while on the subject if anyone has one of those machines and can do me a range rover key cheaper than the £205 the local land rover dealer can do it for let me know!
Old 18-01-2011, 06:57 PM
left hooker
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by James
while on the subject if anyone has one of those machines and can do me a range rover key cheaper than the £205 the local land rover dealer can do it for let me know!
just get a key cut and tape the transponder peice to the steering columb under the plastic trim covers
Old 18-01-2011, 07:21 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by left hooker
i remember unlocking my collage lecture's bmw with the casio tv/video watch

....haha, that cannot be fucking true?! I've got one of those watches in a box somewhere, I might stick a battery in it!! Grand Theft Auto: Dundee City, if anyone's interested in a container full of mk3 astras, citroen saxos and daewoo nexias then PM me.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 19-01-2011, 09:45 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

....haha, that cannot be fucking true?! I've got one of those watches in a box somewhere, I might stick a battery in it!! Grand Theft Auto: Dundee City, if anyone's interested in a container full of mk3 astras, citroen saxos and daewoo nexias then PM me.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 19-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Cheers,
Grant
I will have one if you throw in Daewoo Matiz aswell

Quick Reply: How safe is your car ?