General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

B16 RSX anyone know where the plate is now

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:20 AM
dawsonfrst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16 RSX anyone know where the plate is now

Hi Bought a Fiesta RS turbo a few weeks back, When looking under the back seats i have come across a private plate that was on the car at some point. I have also tracked down an old pic of the car with the plate on and fancy trying to find out where it has ended up as i fancy seeing if its up for sale again.The guy i bought the car off of took it as a px and has no idea about it. It used to be on a s2 Rs Turbo from having a quick search on here in 2005 and can only assume it was on the fiesta later than that, Then the search goes cold anyone have any idea where it could be.I am also trying to find out some more info on the car, Got some receipts but thats about it.
Cheers
Neil
The pic i found
Old 04-01-2011, 11:24 AM
CoupeUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

PM SteveB on here, sure thats his old plate.

EDIT> Scrap that, Steves was B19RSX.

Last edited by CoupeUK; 04-01-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
AndyNo1

Thats not SteveBs plate his was similar though. Thats my old plate I bought off the DVLA! That first went on my F plate S2 then that was sold with the car. I "THINK" it then went on a S1 and after that I dont know.

Seeing that subject on a post threw me I can tell you!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:33 AM
dawsonfrst

Nice one i bet it did It now says on a dvla check that the plate does not exist thats whats got me stuck now i know it was on my Fiesta up until a year ago just dont know where it is now
Old 04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
AndyNo1

Just found this too....

Old 04-01-2011, 11:52 AM
dawsonfrst

Quality well at least i know where the plate was up until it went on my fiesta just need to try and track it down where it has got too in the last year. Have asked on the Rs owners club aswell but no replys as there was an rs owners club seat cover and tax disc holder on the car when i got it, It might turn up yet.
Cheers
Neil
Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I always remember following your white RST down the M25 Andy (Can't remember where we were going ) and reading that plate

Better than the time you followed me the wrong way round the M25 to go home, turned round after I told you and you phoned me an hour later saying you was in Bognor or something

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-2011, 02:57 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

According to mycarcheck it's not on any car at the mo'!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
dawsonfrst

I have had the weirdest afternoon, After finding a set of original wheels on Gumtree. As the ones on the car htere is an odd wheel its a different shade, I was looking for a set so i could get the ones i have off the car and get refurbed.
Anyway phoned the number on the ad and got speaking to the girl she said she had a black rs turbo that she traded in so she no longer needed the wheels, Still penny not dropped i asked about the condition of the wheels she went on to say one was a different shade from the other 3 as just before she traded the car in she got a punture so had to fit one off the set she had.
We both then realised it was her car i had ended up with such a small world.
Anyway after a long conversation i have found out loads about the car and history, She also has a lot of the paperwork that went with the car etc.
Best of all looks like we might be coming to a deal for the plate as she has it sitting doing nothing.
Been an amazing end to my day got two sets of wheels all the info i was needing and maybe if we can agree on price i might even have the number plate
Old 04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
AndyNo1

Looks like youve had a good result mate!

Hope you got a nice spec on that Fiesta too.

Steve I vaguely remember what youre talking about. I remember ringing you saying we're near Bognor!! PMSL!!

I really do miss that car
Old 04-01-2011, 04:57 PM
dawsonfrst

Cheers,
This is the fiesta how it sits just now. Going to spend my time cleaning and painting underside and see where it takes me.
This is all the work the girl has receipts for all in the last 2 years well chuffed.
New engine ,alternator,battery,recon turbo 09 ,clutch,timing belt,head re ground ,new stem seals,gaskets, receipts for all work 1 bill on engine for 1000 pound alone,,roose motorsport boost hoses,chrome charge pipe,greer dump valve, new coilpack,leds ,dizzy ,oilfilter all new motorcraft filters,new driveshaft end seals.stainless steel exhaust
CHASSIS

New brake callipers,pads ,disks,shoes and wheel cylinders, some new brake pipes. original alloys with 4 good tyres
Car was taken to Andrew Gallagher motorsport in June and set up , running standard psi