General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The future

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The future

Is there one in this country

Just seen petrol has just gone up again , and will go up again in the new year when vat will add another 2.5%

energy companies who also make billions a year are all adding 5%

what the fuck is going on here soon you will be back 100 years and will will just be able to put food on the table and maybee just about afford to heat your home , if your lucky

Last edited by Mr RS500; 11-12-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 425 Likes on 400 Posts

prices have gone up three times in the last two weeks in ireland too paul,fooking ridiculous
Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Shorty
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a joke isnt it Paul. It just gets worse everyday, the government havn't got a clue and are ruining the country yet no one does anything about it?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
silky16v
Get on That!

This country is fuked, I won't be here in 5yrs time
Old 10-12-2010, 05:56 PM
RONNIE AMIS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i noticed the fuel prices today too, i am spending near enough double on fuel costs a week now getting to work! think to my self what is the point??!!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by silky16v
This country is fuked, I won't be here in 5yrs time

I dont think you will be on your own on the plane out of here
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it aint good,i just dont know whats going to happen,well i do,its gonna be everybody for themselves.survival of the fittest,you can't take care of yourself,then your fucked,that reminds me,im running low on 00 buckshot.........
Old 10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spend about £180 a week in diesel in my van, all of my work outlay has gone up one way or another, but my income seems to be getting less and less at the moment!!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Its a piss take this country it just boils my piss.

We get paid they take tax off it.
We buy food they take tax off it.
We buy petrol they take tax off it.

This country is fooked i can understand why people wanna move and live in other countrys.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Kop2381

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People with short memorys mate. This is the result of letting the tory cunts back in. The next year or two are going to be like going back to the early & mid 80,s not a nice time. All the idiot working class people who are up there own arse & have gone tory thinking themselves to be "Middle class" Have a lot to answer for & also will suffer the worst
Old 10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the mises is finally coming round to the idea of going canada

its taken me 5 years to get her to even think about it
Old 10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
white2lsr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shorty
Its a joke isnt it Paul. It just gets worse everyday, the government havn't got a clue and are ruining the country yet no one does anything about it?
I have to disagree im afraid. For the first time in years we have a government that are trying to get the country back on track. Obviously its going to be tough as the money getting repayed has to be made somehow.

I dont agree with everything they are doing but think its neccessery.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

think about all the 30 year olds or less in this country now, who DONT realise they are really gonna have to have their own pension fund.
the far future for them is very bleak indeed.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Originally Posted by Kop2381
People with short memorys mate. This is the result of letting the tory cunts back in. The next year or two are going to be like going back to the early & mid 80,s not a nice time. All the idiot working class people who are up there own arse & have gone tory thinking themselves to be "Middle class" Have a lot to answer for & also will suffer the worst
TBH, I dont think it would matter who was in charge now! We would still have all of these spending cuts etc
Old 10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
BLACKCOS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

getting worse by the day should have moved to a diffrent country years ago when i had the chance
Old 10-12-2010, 06:16 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We've considered moving to Canada but my boys just started his gcses and made some great friends so we've put it on hold for a little while,say 18 months when I hope to have absolutely everything around me sorted.

Were now thinking of somewhere a touch warmer as apparently their winter is around 5 months long and the missus doesn't fancy coping with that,softy southerners as Paul would say!!!

Were certainly going to go at some point,the uk has nothing to offer me right now.I'm looking at well qualified electrical jobs paying the same money as I was on in 1999!!!and that's some of the better ones,there's some out there offering minimum wage or just above.great if you never went to college etc but I had 4 years of earning £100 a week when my mates got double that but I didn't care as I knew I was going to be a fully qualified mech/elec ford trained craftsman,which I am.I don't personally believe that's only worth £6per hour.

I'm SO hoping 2011 will be a good year,but I'm not holding my breath!!it's going to be a year of wheeling,dealing,working,earning scrimping and saving for me cos I want to get out the other side of it having taken a sizeable chunk of money off anything I owe.I know I'm set for a lumper at some point in the next year or so fingers crossed that's going in my emigration/wedding fund!!!

It does seem that way Paul,that were purely existing rather than living life but I'm hoping that's not the case for everyone for evermore.

Tough times,but were still breathing!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:16 PM
john_p_b

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

this has got sod all to do with the current goverment and everything to do with people living way beyond their means for the last 10+ years and it's caught up with everyone. we're in for some tough times over the next few years, i agree with one of the above posts about it being survival of the fittest, there's a massive amount of rot in the country in every industry in every walk of life no matter which class you come from and it needs to be cut out.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

Just seen petrol has just gone up again , and will go up again in the new year when vat will add another 2.5%

what the fuck is going on here soon you will be back 100 years and will will just be able to put food on the table and maybee just about afford to heat your home , if your lucky

I see it being the same in any country all take the piss.

Mark
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by gus
the mises is finally coming round to the idea of going canada

its taken me 5 years to get her to even think about it
Hi fella,have you looked into it all?it's not that bad to get out there provided your on "the list" but even if your not there's loads of different ways out there.

What field are you in mate?or the missus?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

The fact is, prices go up but we will all just sit here and moan but do fuck all about it,we all need to get a backbone and do something about it
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

this country is fucked
would it have been so bad if hitler won the war
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

The problem is fuels been cheap for many years.
Here are some startling facts. In 1962 when i started on this driving lark fuel was 4s-10d or 24p in new money just checked, the average wage in 1962 was £799 per annum. Today that average is £25543 so petrol should be £7.67 per gallon for Mr. average so i suggest petrol is still cheap.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gouch1
this country is fucked
would it have been so bad if hitler won the war

Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Where we are struggling, some people are getting richer.

If everyone moves out the country then it's only going to get worse. I agree its bad here but if you moved abroad you will essentially be an immigrant, you know the ones we all hate and blame for ruining our economy/causing trouble etc... The grass isn't always greener.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

You do realise that the current "rise" is nothing to do with duty or companies lining their pockets and everything to do with the sterling/dollar rate movement?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:08 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Going to another country is just running from the problem and won't solve anything, the economic downturn is global and bet the Irish would love to be where we are in England at the mo!! I think very few people have not been affected to any degree, but you've just got to stay positive and worker harder and smarter.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:09 PM
JamesR1
Anybody for a brew?

i'm trying to make ends meet working part time, while studying at uni. (i'm not one of these rioting scum) i live at home and have no idea how i'll ever get the money to move out. i look at these projects people have on the go and wander how do people afford it.
I cant actually see the light
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by bigchez
Going to another country is just running from the problem and won't solve anything, the economic downturn is global and bet the Irish would love to be where we are in England at the mo!! I think very few people have not been affected to any degree, but you've just got to stay positive and worker harder and smarter.
Fair point
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Coldo
Where we are struggling, some people are getting richer.

If everyone moves out the country then it's only going to get worse. I agree its bad here but if you moved abroad you will essentially be an immigrant, you know the ones we all hate and blame for ruining our economy/causing trouble etc... The grass isn't always greener.
Yeah,but that's the whole point regarding immigration.turn up in America with no job and when your money runs out,you get fuck all.in Britain you get a house,car,money and often more than those of us who've spent a lifetime paying into a system.

I'm currently unemployed yet I can't claim for 16weeks as I was self employed although if I came over under an ERF,painted myself brown,told them my name was Osama and I've come all the way from afghanistan I get all of the things I just mentioned,oh even up to £4000 to buy a car!!!

THATS why it's very attractive for immigrants to come to Britain,it's a very long drawn out expensive process to get into other countries from Britain,something we could have learnt from over the last few years of labour governing.

Anyone who wants to know why were in this mess needs to talk to mr blair and mr brown,cunts!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:11 PM
.Ross.

Its taken some people years to realize this country is fcuked

I got out a few year back and wont work or pay tax here ever again ..

If I knew then, what I know now ide a been out long ago ..
Old 10-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by vaughant
Anyone who wants to know why were in this mess needs to talk to mr blair and mr brown,cunts!!!
Precisely!!

But, what really well and truly fucked this country was joining the EEC all them years ago. What was supposed to be easier trade links has turned into an EU superstate. We're doomed!!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Eigdoog
±§~Quadzackular~§±

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I wanna move away as this is fucked here! everything seems to go up but my wages.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 PM
evans2822
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

The country is fucked but It aint just down to the tories though Its down to labour for letting too many imigrants in an giving them full benefits straight away and for buying the benefits people votes by giving them more and more so much so Its not worth them getting off their pikey arses....They also fucked up manufacturing by forcing companies abroud as their taxes/costs were too high and manufactured Jobs In the public sector to make themselves look great thats why theres so many public sector cuts now as they werent fucking needed In the 1st place I understand Its all cloak and dagger In poletics but reading between the lines that fucking Mr send us to war costing billions Blair and Mr borrow like fuck for the bailouts when it all goes tits up and raise Tax Brown are the ones who should answer some serious questians here they need locking the fuck up..

Last edited by evans2822; 10-12-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 PM
silky16v
Get on That!

I dont think you will be on your own on the plane out of here
Yacht for me fella making what ever living I can get by
Old 10-12-2010, 07:41 PM
MAD Ade

The 'Tory Cunts' as you describe them are trying to make this country a better place for every body again. Sadly the previous government kept borrowing and borrowing to bolster the economy, knowing damn well they would be voted out at the next election, so effectively burying their heads in the sand. The conservatives stated there would be cuts in all areas before they were elected, sadly the most recent cuts have been quite 'deep' cuts and people are now spitting their dummies out. Yes, the next couple of years will be difficult for many people, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel, it's called managing, which I'm afraid the previous government didn't have a fucking clue, hence we're now paying the price.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:46 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by evans2822
The country is fucked but It aint just down to the tories though Its down to labour for letting too many imigrants in an giving them full benefits straight away and for buying the benefits people votes by giving them more and more so much so Its not worth them getting off their pikey arses....They also fucked up manufacturing by forcing companies abroud as their taxes/costs were too high and manufactured Jobs In the public sector to make themselves look great thats why theres so many public sector cuts now as they werent fucking needed In the 1st place I understand Its all cloak and dagger In poletics but reading between the lines that fucking Mr send us to war costing billions Blair and Mr borrow like fuck for the bailouts when it all goes tits up and raise Tax Brown are the ones who should answer some serious questians here they need locking the fuck up..
Dude you need to bone up on all the factors that dropped us in this hole in the first place - it certainly isn't soley to blame on immigrants Many have a significantly better work ethic than swathes of cunts that were born here and flex infront of the telly watching/participating in Jeremy Kyle whilst getting 'paid' by the rock n' roll every couple of weeks

It's very easy to blame the govt, the banks, the immigrants (), etc - the only person missing in this argument is looking at where you are coming up short . I appreciate (and see daily at work) people that have had some shit happen to them due to no fault of their own.

Point is you can either stay positive, graft your balls off and work out a way you CAN survive to improve your situation - or accept defeat, do nowt about it, whinge and accept where you are today.

I'm not a new age hippy or evangalist, just believe only YOU can improve your situation, if you want to.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:52 PM
white2lsr

People have had it too easy too long
Old 10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
nichol4s
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Were all doomed everything is tax this tax that!!! I know the country is in debt, but the worker will be in debt just to keep there home and work for pretty much nothing..

My mates feeling it in OZ £29 per hour and finishes at 3pm
Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
white2lsr

Originally Posted by nichol4s
Were all doomed everything is tax this tax that!!! I know the country is in debt, but the worker will be in debt just to keep there home and work for pretty much nothing..

My mates feeling it in OZ £29 per hour and finishes at 3pm
Speak for yourself. Ive cut back, shop carefully and do overtime when available. Ill provide for my family and wont get into debt doing it.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by evans2822
if we look at an even bigger picture ther tories have a bigger part to play in this recession than alot of people remember, as stated the energy companies are making millions, these were sold of by the tories by the iron lady along with just about every other money making asset the country had, now the pot has run dry, it wouldn't of made any difference who was in power this would have happened IMO.

Pete

Quick Reply: The future