General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The future

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:05 PM
nichol4s
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white2lsr
Speak for yourself. Ive cut back, shop carefully and do overtime when available. Ill provide for my family and wont get into debt doing it.
Who said I am!! Ive a mortgage and bills to pay and that's it, I do overtime but there is people who dont and won't!!

As for the benefit theives "I work hard so you don't have too"

Last edited by nichol4s; 10-12-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-12-2010, 08:06 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by MAD Ade
The 'Tory Cunts' as you describe them are trying to make this country a better place for every body again. Sadly the previous government kept borrowing and borrowing to bolster the economy, knowing damn well they would be voted out at the next election, so effectively burying their heads in the sand. The conservatives stated there would be cuts in all areas before they were elected, sadly the most recent cuts have been quite 'deep' cuts and people are now spitting their dummies out. Yes, the next couple of years will be difficult for many people, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel, it's called managing, which I'm afraid the previous government didn't have a fucking clue, hence we're now paying the price.
100% Agree with this, well said
Old 10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

got nothing to do with the tories...

Tories are what save the country everytime they get in just like they are trying to again this time and doing a better job thatn 80% of the other countrys around the world.

Tax boils my piss and so does Petrol prices but moaning will do nothing about it, If you really dont want to pay it dont drive.

Im against it but need/want to drive so i have to pay it simple as really.

Im actually better of personally than i was under the labour goverment because Im a married man with a family that works hard (which is what the tories will always favour).

Where would you go paul and what makes you think it would be better?

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 10-12-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nichol4s
My mates feeling it in OZ Ł29 per hour and finishes at 3pm
Yeah thats going to last forever isnt it?

I know sparkys a few years ago that were earning more than that fitting light fittings in london.

problem is everybody thought it was going to last forever, so they all got strapped up with range rover sports and big houses and now they are fooked!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
white2lsr
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who said I am!! Ive a mortgage and bills to pay and that's it, I do overtime but there is people who dont and won't!!

As for the benefit theives "I work hard so you don't have too"
Were all doomed everything is tax this tax that!!! I know the country is in debt, but the worker will be in debt just to keep there home and work for pretty much nothing..

Not me
Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
The problem is fuels been cheap for many years.
Here are some startling facts. In 1962 when i started on this driving lark fuel was 4s-10d or 24p in new money just checked, the average wage in 1962 was Ł799 per annum. Today that average is Ł25543 so petrol should be Ł7.67 per gallon for Mr. average so i suggest petrol is still cheap.
Totally irrelivant. People have to use more fuel for work now because they need to travel further to work due to everything being centralised and not localised. So even if compared to the average wage it is cheaper than in 62, we need spend more of our wages on it!
Back in your day, the majority of people walked to work as it was all local.

Country is in a bad way and is going to get worse next year. VAT 20% They want kicking in the nuts for that! It makes no sense at ALL. The vat increase hits the poorer average man a hell of a lot harder than the rich man. They should have put income tax up 2.5% accross the board.
This year my business has run at a loss but we are still going and still busy but the future aint bright with VAT hikes like that!

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 10-12-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
BRIGSPORT
UNAUTHORISED DEVELOPMENTS

The future is australia for me.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Not me
Think you and me look at things in same way dude!

It's down to you - work hard to earn every penny you can, spend as little as poss and things will work out eventually.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 PM
white2lsr
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by bigchez
Think you and me look at things in same way dude!

It's down to you - work hard to earn every penny you can, spend as little as poss and things will work out eventually.
Exactly.

People are complaining about petrol going up but they still go and put just Ł10 in. I say fill it up as the next day it might have gone up. I always look on Petrolprices.com before I got to fill up as that will give me the cheapest garage.

At the minute I feel like I really value money and what it takes to get it. I dont have much but its my own. My daughter and wife get whatever they want (even though they very rarely want anything) we just plan ahead for the more expensive items.

We are still managing to save about 20% of our wage each month as we have another child on the way.

I would go as far to say we are comfortable at the minute.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
left hooker
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by evans2822
They also fucked up manufacturing by forcing companies abroud
funny how a local farm machinery maker in cornwall is flat out and cant keep up with demand from europe
Old 10-12-2010, 08:32 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

That's it, blame it all on the Tories

Things are in a very bad way in this country, but a lot of other countries are in far more trouble than we are.

At the end of the day, we had it far too good for far too long. It's time to settle up I'm afraid!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
nichol4s

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Yeah thats going to last forever isnt it?

I know sparkys a few years ago that were earning more than that fitting light fittings in london.

problem is everybody thought it was going to last forever, so they all got strapped up with range rover sports and big houses and now they are fooked!
He's a brickie and his money has just gone up, he's not been out of work in the last 4 years so not doing too bad ey
Old 10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
nichol4s

Not me
Yeah sorry my fault were nearlly all doomed lol! Cos the VAT and fuel hike won't affect you cause it will

And yeah blame the fucking Tories they've put it up they DON'T favour the working class they look after the rich to get richer!! Cameron is a wanker!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:44 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

He's a brickie and his money has just gone up, he's not been out of work in the last 4 years so not doing too bad ey
neither was all the builders in germany and spain in the day, dont last mate. It's like the bro in law and his mrs are thinking of moving to oz, she's a teacher and is looking at big bucks working out there but after a bit of working out of how much wages are against price of living it wont be much more then they have here. Also dont forget 2/3's of people who emigrate move back
Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 PM
nichol4s

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
neither was all the builders in germany and spain in the day, dont last mate. It's like the bro in law and his mrs are thinking of moving to oz, she's a teacher and is looking at big bucks working out there but after a bit of working out of how much wages are against price of living it wont be much more then they have here. Also dont forget 2/3's of people who emigrate move back
I appreciate that bud however life in general would/must be better having said that my auntie has moved back but I think that due to family over here! Sun, sand and a V8 ute
Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
.Ross.
Advanced PassionFord User

Aye well I dont agree with the Bubble bursting crack when it comes to working abroad ..

Depends on what you do really .. still pay 43cent to the $AUS tax buts its a lifestyle ..

Even rostas 7 on 7 off ... try and get that here ..
Old 10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Yeah sorry my fault were nearlly all doomed lol! Cos the VAT and fuel hike won't affect you cause it will

And yeah blame the fucking Tories they've put it up they DON'T favour the working class they look after the rich to get richer!! Cameron is a wanker!!!
Oh yeah, all those evil Tories isn't it

Why shouldn't low earners pay towards reducing the debt? They're the ones that got all the perks aren't they?

The system has been totally skewed so that low earners could afford luxuries that they should never have been able to afford. It's about time they had a reality check.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
nichol4s

Originally Posted by massivewangers

Why shouldn't low earners pay towards reducing the debt? They're the ones that got all the perks aren't they?

The system has been totally skewed so that low earners could afford luxuries that they should never have been able to afford. It's about time they had a reality check.
Low earners should pay but....... They get topped up with benefits so then someone earns a decent amount pays twice!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by .Ross.
Aye well I dont agree with the Bubble bursting crack when it comes to working abroad ..

Depends on what you do really .. still pay 43cent to the $AUS tax buts its a lifestyle ..

Even rostas 7 on 7 off ... try and get that here ..
But chances are that bubble will burst! Cheaper labour will always come, it's happened all over.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Originally Posted by silky16v
This country is fuked, I won't be here in 5yrs time
I'm staying, not matter how bad it gets as if we leave, then those fuckers have won.

Originally Posted by Kop2381
People with short memorys mate. This is the result of letting the tory cunts back in. The next year or two are going to be like going back to the early & mid 80,s not a nice time. All the idiot working class people who are up there own arse & have gone tory thinking themselves to be "Middle class" Have a lot to answer for & also will suffer the worst
your joking? It is not the tories fault, nor labour, but ALL politicians. No PM has ever had to live like a normal person so has no idea how the world works. And before you slag off the workers remember, there what makes the rich rich.

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_
The fact is, prices go up but we will all just sit here and moan but do fuck all about it,we all need to get a backbone and do something about it
+1

If those students in london yesterday can cause a scare, why cant the ordinary people? People shouldnt fear the governemnt, government should fear the people.

Originally Posted by gouch1
this country is fucked
would it have been so bad if hitler won the war
On an economic side it probably would be about the same, but everything else...

Originally Posted by vaughant
Anyone who wants to know why were in this mess needs to talk to mr blair and mr brown,cunts!!!
They are traitors to this country, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by evans2822
The country is fucked but It aint just down to the tories though Its down to labour for letting too many imigrants
Scapegoating. Immigrants did not cause the problem, the people who let them in did.

Originally Posted by MAD Ade
The 'Tory Cunts' as you describe them are trying to make this country a better place for every body again.
Yes evrybody... who goes to their golf club

Originally Posted by massivewangers

simple facts, tories = scum. Labour = scum. Lib dems = scum. Why do we continue to vote for mainstream establishment parties?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 PM
nichol4s

^^^^^^
At last someone who can see the wood for the trees!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Mike C
The Special One

Agreed that the 20% VAT thing is a joke.....

It should be 25%, that would be a positive move to really kickstart the recovery.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
But chances are that bubble will burst! Cheaper labour will always come, it's happened all over.
Yeah,that's true to a point,but these countries have a far stricter immigration policy than we do or ever have for that matter.

For example,I've been seriously looking at Canada.I'm an industrial spark so I'm on "the list",passed the entry test with nigh on top marks,own my own home etc etc.

I'm in a good position to apply for permanent residency but if I fancy a twp, it comes to getting a job,there's certain conditions:

It MUST have been advertised across Canada for at least 3 months.

It MUST meet the average wage for that type of job in that state.

It MUST be approved by the canadian labour board.

Then,and only then can you apply for it and of course if it was anything decent it would probably be gone by now!!!

Last time I looked Ontario was at $29 per hour average wage so you can't really fiddle it as it's good pay anyway,so nigh on impossible to bring in cheap labour from other countries like we did,polish sparks working for Ł6 per hour etc.

Granted,it's not only immigration it's a million other things but I can't agree with anyone who believes that manufacturing isn't dead in Britain is very much mistaken,it's all gone bar one factory where I live and that genuinely is it for ok paid jobs.

Blame governments of course,but we need to blame ourselves as well,DVD players for Ł10,LCD tv's for Ł200,cd's for Ł7,their not made in Britain for that price are they?I remember our boss in ford telling us in 1995 that one day Toyota would overtake ford as the second largest car manufacturer behind gm,but that this would not happen in our generatiothat've also explained that of course gm could never go bust due to us intervention,ok!!!

When we last got taken over,we were told we were in direct competition with china,eastern Europe and south America.they point blank told us,quality was not an issue when they could get it produced at a 10th of the price.

Be honest,if you buy a new car and the gearbox fails in 9 months,as long as it's replaced for free,your car comes back in one piece,your courtesy car is ok and the jobs done well,do you give a fuck?not really.same when your wank Ł10 DVD player goes pop,it's only Ł10 for a new one.

It's a sad situation were in but it's largely due to our own making so therefore it's up to us to make it good again,it won't be easy but it will be worth it.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:33 PM
.Ross.
Advanced PassionFord User

^^^ Aye Av had 3 LMO rejections mate ..

Job needs to be on Job-bank canada the GOV site.

You need Inter-Provincial Red-Seal to get proper rate and its a legal requirment in Alberta ..
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Is there one in this country

Just seen petrol has just gone up again , and will go up again in the new year when vat will add another 2.5%

energy companies who also make billions a year are all adding 5%

what the fuck is going on here soon you will be back 100 years and will will just be able to put food on the table and maybee just about afford to heat your home , if your lucky
not read the whole thread.... but don't you have an awesome house, awesome collection of cars and fantastic business that you own and have a genuine passion and interest in?

hate to see how upset you get when you aren't having an amazing life!

SMILE! BE HAPPY

and if you aren't?.....

do something about it.

the figure I paid on tax last year is comical! and it was spent SOOOO badly in my opinion by the government... BUT I have a choice, as we all do. LEAVE if this countries so bad! (I might )

lifes soooo short and you get one crack at it folks!

GENUINELY meant this as a 'happy' post

we are all sooooo lucky sitting here is our warm houses on our computers freely saying what we want in total saftety etc etc!

life for many people is so horribly different!

Last edited by Porkie; 11-12-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
not read the whole thread.... but don't you have an awesome house, awesome collection of cars and fantastic business that you own and have a genuine passion and interest in?

SMILE! BE HAPPY

and if you aren't?.....

do something about it.

the figure I paid on tax last year is comical! and it was spent SOOOO badly in my opinion by the government... BUT I have a choice, as we all do. LEAVE if this countries so bad! (I might )

we are all sooooo lucky sitting here is our warm houses on our computers freely saying what we want in total saftety etc etc!

I live in a 3 bedroom semi this was the first house i ever bought

My business is slow ( like most )

I cant afford to move house and get a bigger one that i always wanted simply because this country is getting so expensive to just live day to day and with business being slow do i realy want to get a big mortgage

My point is that life hasnt been bad for me , im saying that it now is getting harder and harder no matter how much harder i try

I feel so sorry for the younger people in this country as i have no idea how they get on the proerty ladder at all

I was lucky and bought my house when they were a reasonable price not the new over inflated prices made that way be estate agents and banks

Im not saying im skint , but, im finding it hard to keep the same lifstyle im used to , And before you shout , i dont drink / smoke or have kids , i spend my money on cars , all im saying is that these days we all seem to be working more hours and working harder for a lower standard of living

Is this right ?

Last edited by Mr RS500; 11-12-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SMILE! BE HAPPY

and if you aren't?.....

do something about it.

Your post is bullshit, as im sat in my house waiting for the plumber to turn up as the boiler is broke < real tears
Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

SMILE! BE HAPPY

and if you aren't?.....

do something about it.

Well,I'm trying to be happy and I think that's a happy post!!!!as long ss I can get a job in the new year I think I'll be ok.I'd like to keep it in the engineering field but I've been offered 2 non engineering jobs which I can have at any time so I may consider this.

What do you do porkie?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:46 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Fuel prices are high everywhere in Europe, that's not a UK thing
Old 11-12-2010, 09:50 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Shead
I see it being the same in any country all take the piss.

Mark
Not Australia
Old 11-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I appreciate that bud however life in general would/must be better having said that my auntie has moved back but I think that due to family over here! Sun, sand and a V8 ute
The move to Australia always sounds like it has to be better, but you have to factor in the massive change in lifestyle. Whilst at first it may sound better you WILL miss the lifestyle over here as much as you think you hate it now!
It is VERY different in Australia, and its not like you can just pop back home to see family and that is what bring most people back!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Mike C

It should be 25%, that would be a positive move to really kickstart the recovery.
How do you work that fucker out?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

SMILE! BE HAPPY

and if you aren't?.....

do something about it.

Well Said Lee......There are people alot worse off than most people on this forum let alone the whole of the UK !!!!
Shouting and screaming will not do anything about it or change it. You will have to sit there take the changes on the chin and hope it gets better.

OR..you can do something about it, maybe part time jobs or try and better yourself in your current jobs.... There is ALWAYS something you can do to improve your life wether it is tightening the belt, making changes in your life ( I shop at Tesco now not Waitrose for example ) or why not sell something that you dont need ie Cars, big TVS, expensive mobiles etc...

It does make me laugh when you have people on here moaning about having no money, high rental prices or moaning about having to house share etc and yet they drive round in fcuking Cosworths !!!!
If you cant afford it dont have it
Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by .Ross.
^^^ Aye Av had 3 LMO rejections mate ..

Job needs to be on Job-bank canada the GOV site.

You need Inter-Provincial Red-Seal to get proper rate and its a legal requirment in Alberta ..
Yeah,I've heard about the red seal,seems sensible to get it anyway tbh as you cant really get decent wages otherwise.apparently it's quite an involved exam but not too bad,a few people on British expats have sat it with no issues so that's good.

I could have got sponsorship in some states as they were so desperate for sparks which was really tempting but it's just not the right time with his gcses,seems stupid to upheave him now.

From what I read above,are you out there now then or oz?personally I'd love oz,but the missus is unsure?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanCossie

Well Said Lee......There are people alot worse off than most people on this forum let alone the whole of the UK !!!!
Shouting and screaming will not do anything about it or change it. You will have to sit there take the changes on the chin and hope it gets better.

OR..you can do something about it, maybe part time jobs or try and better yourself in your current jobs.... There is ALWAYS something you can do to improve your life wether it is tightening the belt, making changes in your life ( I shop at Tesco now not Waitrose for example ) or why not sell something that you dont need ie Cars, big TVS, expensive mobiles etc...

It does make me laugh when you have people on here moaning about having no money, high rental prices or moaning about having to house share etc and yet they drive round in fcuking Cosworths !!!!

Very fair points there.the move in my case was to have an even better lifestyle than we have now,and as Paul ny said,I saw no way of my boy getting on the property Market anytime soon,well not at 23 when I bought my first house,a house I sold 3 years ago for Ł280000,not really a first time buyers rate,however I paid Ł95000 for it in 99 when I was still earning Ł24k basic.

I'm looking for jobs now in the uk and Ł24k isn't a bad wage comparatively, so I'm back to where I was 11years ago!!!!!

So for him,even a Ł30k job will only yield him a Ł100-120k mortgage meaning he's not buying anywhere near where we live,you can't buy a shed by me for that!!!don't get me wrong,there's plenty available in Swansea for that mo ey but $120000 in Canada bought him something really nice and $30k jobs were pretty easy to come by.

I agree with a lot of what your saying about cutting back though,it's something we've got to do as a family.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Paul.V
PassionFord Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DanCossie

"Cosworth"...... I only got a turbo!!!lol
Old 11-12-2010, 10:37 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

120k in barry would buy you,,,,,, Barry lol
Old 11-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Mike C

Cutting spending would be a better start. That way VAT doesn't need to increase.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:39 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by GARETH T
120k in barry would buy you,,,,,, Barry lol
Hee Hee!!I actually like Barry,it's really nice!!quite expensive too from memory!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 AM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

theres some nice parts but there is equally some crappy parts

i hate swansea lol its a pretty shitty city lol

Quick Reply: The future