General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Students protests!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:04 PM
fish99
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zetec Sam, couldnt agree more to be honest.

The only people to blame for the violence are the protestors. I think 80% of them who turned up, only wanted to have a go at the Police as they know the Police wont hit them back due to political rubbish.

I think that the Police are finally getting cheesed off with the Policing of these events as they feel it is being done too softly softly. There are rumours that Public order officers are thinking of handing in their tickets so they dont incriminate themselves for doing their job.

As for defacing Churchill, Climbing the flag on the Cenotaph or even trying to set for to the Xmas tree, what do they have to do with fee's going up.

Personally I have lost all Sympathy for the students. I think they should pay back even more to pay for the Policing, Damage which a select number have caused.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i,d have fucking dragged him/her off that statue and kicked there cunting disrespectfull fucking head in
as i said send the hooligans in to sort these wankers out
clever,course they fucking are they seem to be going the right way about it makes my fucking blood boil
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Marvin_hagler_
Marvelous Marv

tell you what was funny no make that hilarious Charlies Mams Roller getting a bit of aggro,i remember seeing the Old Lady getting chauffered around in that years ago and last night some yuppy twats that need a good hiding themselves stuck the boot in on the old dears Roller. I saw it suffering from broken glass and a spot of tagging from a pot of dulux gloss and them frightfull lot booting the phantom in scared Charlies horse that appeared to be whinnying next to him.

i bet heads will roll for letting the riff raff loose on the hallowed limo haha.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by massivewangers
Mate, change the record, seriously.

I think there's a lot of ignorance at work here.

Also, why is it acceptable, and how is there any justification for English students to have to pay up to £9k per year to study, when the Scottish government are still dishing it out for free, and the Welsh government have elected to continue to subsidise their students? Put yourself in the shoes of the students then and see how you feel. Hardly a fair system is it?

There is clearly a big problem in higher education, and I do think that far too many people are going to university and getting a completely useless degree. We seem to have armies of psychologists and sociologists, journalists, computer games designers, archaeologists, none of which will ever get a job in their chosen field. It's time that places were limited on these courses to cover demand, not to allow people to waste three years of their life and thousands of pounds of tax payer money.

HOWEVER, university is still vitally important to this country. It does bring a lot of money in from foreign students, and from graduates putting work/money back into the economy once they graduate. We need students to become the next doctors/nurses/engineers/solicitors etc, we just need to be a lot more stringent on who goes to university, rather than trying to encourage everyone to go.

But, I have no problem with tax payers paying for further and higher education. We should be investing in the future of our country, and I for one am happy to contribute towards the education of those who might be looking after me in hospital one day, or designing things to make our lives better, or save the environment. Better that than paying for a load of skanks to have 10 kids each and Sky TV like we do at the moment.
I'd just like to remind anyone moaning about Scottish or Welsh arrangements that the money for this comes out of our budget - our politicians have set funding of education as a priority so we have that much less to spend on anything else.

Kind of like how a real country works, except that we hand all our cash over to Westminster, they dock some for Iraq, Afghanistan, nuclear weapons, etc, then give us our "pocket-money" and allow us to decide how we get to spend it, so that everyone else can moan about it.

Government funding for the Olympics but no "consequential" for us, and lottery funding (which dramatically cuts the share of lottery cash we get), but none of this special funding for the Commonwealth Games two years later.

Everything else you wrote, I agree with.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
Altho i dont agree with the damage etc , Hats of to them for standing up for themselfs

if we all did the same instead of just moaning we wouldnt be paying £125 per ltr for fuel etc

At least there standing up for what they want

i wish we would all do the same about fucking asylum seekers etc and this shit hole country wouldnt be so fucking expensive to live in
The problem is that what they're wanting needs to be paid for. So, great, they're standing up for themselves - but are you going to be feeling the same when you are more heavily taxed to pay for it? These are exactly the people that are making the country so expensive to live in.

And remember, all this talk about education being an investment, blah, blah... it's only an investment if it produces greater returns. I mean, is everyone in the country going to be a lawyer, a doctor, or a sociologist? Who will make stuff, and milk cows?

They reality is they're a bunch of scummy lefty cunts who probably just enjoy a day out having their egos boosted by joining a 'movement'. Just look at the way they vandalise war monuments, etc. The funny thing is that they have no idea about how hard life can be and what the people commemorated did for this country. They are utterly clueless and cocooned by the welfare state they love so much.

Nothing wrong with protesting, but if they break the law they should be dealt with accordingly. If they want to start causing chaos then get the hoses on them - in sub zero temperatures we'd see just how far they were willing to go for their cause. My guess is there would be no sign of them a couple of hours later.

Last edited by Alan_D; 10-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
cossie350
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Pete frst
Its serious,those youths are the future of this county...............
After that statment you dribble on about how there doing the right thing. There acting no different to the chavs on the local council estate, great future this country has.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete frst
Its serious,those youths are the future of this county and the coalition government is making it very difficult for them now to go on and achieve a higher education,h
the youths who were violent i do hope are NOT the future of this country as they are scum.

for the rest of them, NOTHING has changed in terms of being able to start uni. NO money is wanted upfront. Its still ALL on loans. Its NO more difficult to get a higher education as a result of the fee increase.

Just means the nancy boys and fags doing media studies or going to uni for a social life will have to seriously consider if its worth the debt!!

wont effect poor kids at all any different to rest of us. If after uni they fail to break free from their working class background and end up in a low wage job then they wont pay anything back. simple. If they succeed then it is only right they should pay what they owe.

Simple fact is there are many more graduates than graduate jobs and its been that way long before the recession. That situation is not sustainable. Ditch the easy degrees, raise the entry standards and limit places to actual projected demand.

Yes that means thousands of teenagers will fail in their dream of going to uni, but tough fucking shit. not every one gets to be an astronaut, and not everyone should go to uni either, and certainly not at taxpayers expense.

Oh and ditch the softly softly "nobody fails" attitude in the education system. you cannot tell a kid he has failed at something as you have to say positives. Now im all for constructive criticism and reward for effort etc but the reality of the job world is people will fail and do badly and there are consequences for doing so. So mummy coddling them in school with an attitude that everything is positive is just plain wrong and inappropriate its misleading the kids and they will have even more of shock when they enter adult life.

The irony is these violent students are supposedly educated intelligent people and should take the moral highground and not be violent, but thier actions are more what i would expect of millwall supporters or the BNP lot.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan_D
The problem is that what they're wanting needs to be paid for. So, great, they're standing up for themselves - but are you going to be feeling the same when you are more heavily taxed to pay for it? These are exactly the people that are making the country so expensive to live in.

And remember, all this talk about education being an investment, blah, blah... it's only an investment if it produces greater returns. I mean, is everyone in the country going to be a lawyer, a doctor, or a sociologist? Who will make stuff, and milk cows?

They reality is they're a bunch of scummy lefty cunts who probably just enjoy a day out having their egos boosted by joining a 'movement'. Just look at the way they vandalise war monuments, etc. The funny thing is that they have no idea about how hard life can be and what the people commemorated did for this country. They are utterly clueless and cocooned by the welfare state they love so much.

Nothing wrong with protesting, but if they break the law they should be dealt with accordingly. If they want to start causing chaos then get the hoses on them - in sub zero temperatures we'd see just how far they were willing to go for their cause. My guess is there would be no sign of them a couple of hours later.

I dont know the inns and outs of it mate as i got fuck all education at school let alone furthure education , as my spelling and grammar shows

All my point was the fact that we as a nation never show how we realy feel , we just sit and moan about stuff , look at our fuel yet it wasnt long ago we stood up and the price was lowered , now its even worse and we do nothing

Im just please to see somone standing up for what THEY believe , even if it maybe not that correct
Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I sat and watched the "Student leaders" press conference on sky news this morning and felt a nearly-irresistible urge to smash the TV. Some upper-class twat patronising the "poor" students and their needs.
Another defending the violence as a natural reaction to the aggression of the government and police.
And the one whining that a cop had "kneed him in the balls" then hit him on the ear. Poor darling.
And don't get me started on the bird...
Old 10-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

stood up for what though?? what difference did it make?? none positive. The vote still went ahead and democracy still decided to increase the fees

protesters always whinge about police brutality. dont wind the police up and follow their instructions as you are legally obliged to do, and funnily enough the police will leave you alone. The protesters got of lightly IMO.

We should do like most other european countrys and send in riot vans with CS sprays spraying into the crowd. the cunts will soon disperse like they were told to then wont they?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Altho i dont agree with the damage etc , Hats of to them for standing up for themselfs

if we all did the same instead of just moaning we wouldnt be paying £125 per ltr for fuel etc

At least there standing up for what they want

i wish we would all do the same about fucking asylum seekers etc and this shit hole country wouldnt be so fucking expensive to live in

£125 a litre for fuel!!?? Didn't realise you put rocket fuel in your cars mate!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Originally Posted by focusv8
Both my Sons went to Uni as adult Students and managed not to take part in demonstrations costing all of us Millions of pounds in damage.

Both ended up with student loans.
One had to start repaying immediately after leaving, as his salary was over the threshold.
The other one didn't start paying till a few years later when his salary went over.

Both worked part time whilst at Uni to fund their weekly living expenses.
Both had a reasonble amount of "Student life".

Both earned more after Uni than they did before.

If I was a van driver and wanted to get an LGV licence to earn more money I would expect to pay the cost myself to benefit me in the long term.

Why should a Uni student expect me and all other tax payers to pay for them to ultimately have a better life than they would if they didn't go to Uni?

Sounds like you have raised a decent pair of lads mate!

A hell of a lot of students I know either end up dropping out of uni or just end up working in a dead end job such as a book store. Fair play if you genuinely know what you want to do after uni and are taking the required steps to get there but most just seem to go for the hell of it and expect the tax payer to cover the cost!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:58 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

As said before, if I wanted any extra skills such as licences, then I would have to pay for them. To get my commercial aircraft licence would cost me about 10k.

So why the fuck should students be funded by the tax payer through uni? Students should have to pay 100% of their tuition IMO.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

I dont know the inns and outs of it mate as i got fuck all education at school let alone furthure education , as my spelling and grammar shows

All my point was the fact that we as a nation never show how we realy feel , we just sit and moan about stuff , look at our fuel yet it wasnt long ago we stood up and the price was lowered , now its even worse and we do nothing

Im just please to see somone standing up for what THEY believe , even if it maybe not that correct
The ins and outs are not as complicated as you'd think, but the people in charge do like to make it come across as if it's too much for mere mortals to understand.

The fact is that to have stuff you need to either make something of equal value so you can trade, or borrow. Ask yourself where the factories and industry is now in the UK? Then look at the amount of debt we have. It's scary that all the country is doing is basically borrowing to spend. That's how we have our living standards now. If at some point we can't continue (as a country) to borrow, then things will get pretty miserable for a while.

The thing is, by funding higher education like this we're continuing to spend more than we make and borrowing to make up the rest. And not much of the money spent will turn out to be productive for the country. How many of them are going to do degrees in engineering, to build factories and some sort of industry to create wealth? Not half as many as are doing totally unproductive degrees in things like sociology etc I'd bet.

Originally Posted by Rich170
As said before, if I wanted any extra skills such as licences, then I would have to pay for them. To get my commercial aircraft licence would cost me about 10k.

So why the fuck should students be funded by the tax payer through uni? Students should have to pay 100% of their tuition IMO.
I agree, but we all know how politicians like to 'create equality'. Paying for higher education would reverse what they see as progress.

The problem is that people complain to politicians about getting a bigger slice of the pie - they don't like people having much more than them when they don't have as much as they'd like. But what odds does it make to someone how well off the next man is, if they're better off too? If people just concentrated on increasing the size of the pie, this country would be a better place.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by rs dub
i thought this also pete.but did you see the shadow minister on tele.he was asked if they came into power would they abolish this new ruling.all he could say was"its impossible to determine what will happen 4 years down the line".so dont expect the labour party to change this tax.we are like a foooking great big ant coloney.we are basically the little workers flogging our guts out to provide for the queen and her inner circle to get bigger and fatter.country is foooked end off!
I see what your saying,nose to the grindstone then......
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Pete frst

Originally Posted by cossie350
After that statment you dribble on about how there doing the right thing. There acting no different to the chavs on the local council estate, great future this country has.
Hardly dribbling pal.........

I salute them for sticking up for themselves,okay,not in the manor they did mind.....
I just feel that this country could pay a high price for this action,when the rest of the world(apart from the US)invests in their youth.........
Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Pete frst

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
the youths who were violent i do hope are NOT the future of this country as they are scum.

for the rest of them, NOTHING has changed in terms of being able to start uni. NO money is wanted upfront. Its still ALL on loans. Its NO more difficult to get a higher education as a result of the fee increase.

Just means the nancy boys and fags doing media studies or going to uni for a social life will have to seriously consider if its worth the debt!!

wont effect poor kids at all any different to rest of us. If after uni they fail to break free from their working class background and end up in a low wage job then they wont pay anything back. simple. If they succeed then it is only right they should pay what they owe.

Simple fact is there are many more graduates than graduate jobs and its been that way long before the recession. That situation is not sustainable. Ditch the easy degrees, raise the entry standards and limit places to actual projected demand.

Yes that means thousands of teenagers will fail in their dream of going to uni, but tough fucking shit. not every one gets to be an astronaut, and not everyone should go to uni either, and certainly not at taxpayers expense.

Oh and ditch the softly softly "nobody fails" attitude in the education system. you cannot tell a kid he has failed at something as you have to say positives. Now im all for constructive criticism and reward for effort etc but the reality of the job world is people will fail and do badly and there are consequences for doing so. So mummy coddling them in school with an attitude that everything is positive is just plain wrong and inappropriate its misleading the kids and they will have even more of shock when they enter adult life.

The irony is these violent students are supposedly educated intelligent people and should take the moral highground and not be violent, but thier actions are more what i would expect of millwall supporters or the BNP lot.

The students went over the top,im pleased they did protest tho,because this country does have a habit of rolling over and taking it.......
just the manor in which they did it was totally unnecessary...
and i agree,if your going to uni make it worthwhile with a real world qualification and not just to say you went.......
as for mollycoddling them,i dont have the answer to that,bring back national service..........
Old 10-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Pete frst

Fuck Me.........
ive just read that the fucking idiot who climbed the Cenotaph was guitarists Dave Gilmour's son,of pink floyd fame.......
cunt.......
Old 10-12-2010, 07:18 PM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by GTi-R23
Just a bunch of kids getting kicks out of smashing a few windows, I bet the genuine student unions are ashamed, it's the usual scenario though, the minority giving the majority a bad name.

I'd have personally sent the police in there heavy handed to fuck and gave them a taste of their own medicine, but we all know that wouldn't happen due to PC reasons and human rights etc.
well said just seen gilmamore from pink floyds son on the news in the protests climing on a flag on the cenotaph the goose
if it was the bnp or edl the police would have battoned the cunts
Old 11-12-2010, 08:23 AM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Can I re-illiterate my point that they seem to have NO IDEA what they are actually protesting about! They seem to have been blinkered by this £9,000 a year headline which the Government think less than 5% of students will actually pay that much, and the ones that do it will mostly be for fast track courses which are condensed from 4-5 years into 2, thus actually SAVING them money. Then they take the example of a 5 year course. £9,000 x 5 years, oh I'll be £45,000 in debt now under the new system. IT WONT WORK LIKE THAT. They are just too stupid to realize it, which is ironic for the Supposed "future of our country" as some have put it.

If they actually sat down and worked out what they will pay under the rules they will, in most cases, realize they will be better off, and those though are slightly worse off, for example middle class kids form £40+k a year households leaving uni to go into £41,000+ jobs will pay marginally more than the old system, but the way it's structured makes it easier to pay, and more bloody fair! If your on £41,000+ a year why wouldn't you pay more for the education which got you there?

Also after 30 years the remainder of the debt is written off if unpaid. The government have predicted that over 50% of graduates wont pay back the full amount and over 10% are likely to not pay a penny back!

But no, lets go smash up Whitehall because it's our right to do so.....for a cause we seem to know absolutely fuck all about which will actually make my life easier if I bothered to sit down and actually engage my brain.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:38 AM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Birch every single one thats been caught smashing anything up,utter disgrace what they did.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:49 AM
nichol4s
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Chase the cunts off with soap and head and shoulders!! As for the rioting and damage and violence that should sort the fee's I thought there supposed to be clever clearly not!!

Anyone cought should be made an example of I.e jail the twats and kick em off there course then at least that way they won't have to worry about the rise in tuition fee's!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaz s1
you think its a coincidence that the tories are back in power and we have riots yet again,
Is it co-incidence having a Tory government after having had Labour in power spending money they didn't have. Just like last time!

£1 TRILLION debt, was only £350 billion when Labour got in.