General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Pics of India NSFW

Search this Thread

Old 20-11-2010, 08:12 AM
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one of my close friends parents have a place in south goa in india and there holiday snaps look amazing tbh. they have offered to let me stay in there place if a fancy a visit and said i could do a week over there for very little money so think i may go next year just to see for myself
Old 20-11-2010, 08:53 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by funkybrian
http://www.nriol.com/info/amazingindia.asp
Read point number 9

Firstly I am not an Indian, but I am currently working over in India, have been for the last 6 months.

There are 4 British guys working with me, we have seen some terrible things, as we visit more remote areas with work.
The country is just to over populated not having enough jobs for everyone, I have seen people in dirty, smelly rivers collecting plastics or any thing else that is floating down the river just to make some money to feed there family! You have to take your hat of to that dedication.
I have never seen any bodies floating down rivers, but I have heard it depends on how rich you are as to how much of a floating coffin yóu can make, hence the half burnt bodies floating down.
Plus the divide between rich and poor is huge. the poor have no chance to better themselves as the culture in India is very hierarchy, example we get drivers to drive us every where as the driving is so bad in India, but that is another story, If we are accompanied by an Indian Manager he will not speak to the driver as he is below him in the pecking order and not good enough to speak to!!!!!!!!!!
In my hole time in India I have never seen any trouble and the people are the most humble and friendly people I have met.
cheers
Brian
But not a lot of people will equate what you have experienced first hand to the post ginge has made. You'd think that they were aliens or something the comments that have been made here, and no matter how many times it's said, burning bodies is the only way Indians will dispose of their dead so good luck on a little forum getting them to change their minds

Also, aspirationaly, those who have houses want to stay in their houses along with all their family members, those who have cars will look at getting a car with a bigger engine to jump up their social standings so they go from a 600cc to an 800cc motor, and other than that, that all there is, there really aren't any other options as if you don't have money you don't get anywhere, from the day you are born there are no handouts so its everyone for themselves and that's why corruption is so rife, those who have money have an abundance of it and those who don't are so willing to accept the money that virtually anything goes.
Old 20-11-2010, 09:43 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
and no matter how many times it's said, burning bodies is the only way Indians will dispose of their dead so good luck on a little forum getting them to change their minds
i'm not sure that anyone is trying to get them to change their minds about that

nothing wrong with it, but why do it on top of water where it's quite clearly likely to fail? why not burn them in a big oven and use the heat from them instead of cow shit to cook up the old naan bread?
Old 20-11-2010, 10:59 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by foreigneRS

nothing wrong with it, but why do it on top of water where it's quite clearly likely to fail? why not burn them in a big oven and use the heat from them instead of cow shit to cook up the old naan bread?

Because it's traditionaly the way it's done, and it has been done for thousands of years, you don't hear people complaining the Vikings would have been better off burying their dead would you
Old 20-11-2010, 11:27 AM
funkybrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS

It is part of there religion, hindu
http://robertfrancisco.com/2009/11/06/burning-bodies/
from what I can make out it has to be done on the Ganges river the holiest hindu river, or a river that runs into the Ganges river
Old 20-11-2010, 11:39 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

i'm fully aware of why they do it! i'm just saying that it's a choice and that if they had the will to change that and improve their health, they could at no cost.
Old 20-11-2010, 12:50 PM
dojj

when you have a culture where their acceptance of life or death is "if it's my time to die it's my time to die" then you can forget them changing their ways mate
Old 20-11-2010, 03:56 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

i couldn't care less if they change their ways or not. it's a pity that ignorance leads to death though.
Old 20-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Ginge !
do any of you realise you have been trained how to think,,,,, your discust was installed into your mind aswell

we are fucking animals,,,,,, we just choose to forget it
You're quite right, but humans are by far the most intelligent species! We have EVOLVED over millions and millions of years to where we are now. Animals have basic needs to function in life, whereas humans are always pushing the boundaries and wanting bigger, better and more...
So when, in this day and age, people are STILL living in the dark ages, you have to ponder why... Hmmm!

It's FUCK ALL to do with us being 'programmed', it's called EVOLUTION!!!! Which brings me back to culture.....

ps: i dont get why we spend 10k on a funeral to have a nice wooden box to bury us in the ground when we are CLEARLY over populated,,,, burning the bodie is the correct way IMO though ill admit,,,,,, do it on dry land as water and fire aint gonna end well
Erm, funnily enough we cremate people in this country too! Have done for a while... It's just we burn them properly and then scatter the ashes, not leave part burnt bodies lying about!
Old 20-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not evolution is we are lucky where we are born, we still are far from perfect but we do seem to have a head start on some parts of the world

i come from a poor background but it was FUCK ALL like that and i can never pretend growing up on a council estate is even REMOTE anything like living in a slum in india
Old 20-11-2010, 05:04 PM
TheScrapman
BANNED
BANNED

MMMM nice...i just ate my tea whilst browsing those pictures, i particularly like the one of the body floating in the River Gangreen which has burst and the giblets and shit are hanging out....in the next pic the birds are eating it....nice to see nothing goes to waste.
Old 20-11-2010, 05:11 PM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

Give it a few years!!!!>>>
the uk is the next -----------you just have to look round slums popping up everywhere
Old 20-11-2010, 05:20 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

its not evolution is we are lucky where we are born, we still are far from perfect but we do seem to have a head start on some parts of the world

i come from a poor background but it was FUCK ALL like that and i can never pretend growing up on a council estate is even REMOTE anything like living in a slum in india
I'm not sure I agree with the comment about us having a 'head start' in Britain? We were living in the 'dark ages' before mate, throwing shit into the streets, primative medical practice, etc... we're not talking about evolution over the past 20-30 years, so I'm not surprised that your upbringing on a council estate in the 70s or 80s is anything like the way these people are living currently?! ...but the difference is that we have developed and evolved over the past few hundred years and we have made the effort to improve the way that we live and furnish ourselves with better conditions and 'modern' luxuries; which sets us apart from those who haven't made that effort.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 20-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Ginge, we were all put on this planet at the same time! In the grand scheme of things planet earth is but a minor dot in space, and living on this planet is many life forms. Regardless of colour all humans are made up the same, so why is it that there is such a HUGE difference in the way we live our lives?
Thousands of years ago we were ALL living in caves, shitting in a hole, and just getting by. Why is it some of us evolved whilst others haven't?
Old 20-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS Grant
I'm not sure I agree with the comment about us having a 'head start' in Britain? We were living in the 'dark ages' before mate, throwing shit into the streets, primative medical practice, etc... we're not talking about evolution over the past 20-30 years, so I'm not surprised that your upbringing on a council estate in the 70s or 80s is anything like the way these people are living currently?! ...but the difference is that we have developed and evolved over the past few hundred years and we have made the effort to improve the way that we live and furnish ourselves with better conditions and 'modern' luxuries; which sets us apart from those who haven't made that effort.

Cheers,
Grant
we had the governments in place who helped us to evolve, we built ships to we could explore the world and learn/take/steal/enslave to give us new things that we benifit from years later and we also share with others too, just some places aint as sharing

after the war england was declared a welfare state to help us all have a chance and not starving ect and we get "free" education ect and all children MUST go to school to help us continue to grow in the world,,,,,,,,, erm,,,,, india seems to be about being born into a place and fucking staying there unless your fortunate or really fucking dodgy and manage to claw your way out

i work with a old boy who grew up in the slums and he is our senior auto sparky but he has seen shite
Old 20-11-2010, 05:46 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

we had the governments in place who helped us to evolve, we built ships to we could explore the world and learn/take/steal/enslave to give us new things that we benifit from years later and we also share with others too, just some places aint as sharing

after the war england was declared a welfare state to help us all have a chance and not starving ect and we get "free" education ect and all children MUST go to school to help us continue to grow in the world,,,,,,,,, erm,,,,, india seems to be about being born into a place and fucking staying there unless your fortunate or really fucking dodgy and manage to claw your way out

i work with a old boy who grew up in the slums and he is our senior auto sparky but he has seen shite
Yea, but mate... the reason we had the ships to sail around the world, the 'get up and go' to explore, the drive to develop/invent new technology, form governments and maintain a certain level of law and order is because we worked hard to better ourselves surely? We can't be made to feel guilty because we've developed further and ended up more civilised than other people/countries in the world mate... it wasn't handed to us on a plate Ginge?

Cheers,
Grant
Old 20-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Couldn't have put it better myself Grant!
Old 20-11-2010, 09:55 PM
dojj

It's only been 100 or so years that we were still shitting in the streets in London so it's not been that long ago for us in the west either.
Old 21-11-2010, 08:17 AM
m3cosworth
PassionFord Regular

Ive been to india 10 times at least!
Never seen anything even close to that I'm afraid. Sure there is poverty and the people they show are probably the poorest. But to say that is what all india is like u gotta to be thick to believe that.
It's Like showing a squat here and saying this is how England is. People get a grip.
I've been to Ganges a few times and never seen a body. Mainly people go there and scatter ashes. It's only the real poor people who can't afford even the money to have a cremation who must get forced to do that. The bigger differnce here is we look after those who dnt work.... Bloody sponging scum.
Old 21-11-2010, 10:28 AM
TheScrapman
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by dojj
Because it's traditionaly the way it's done, and it has been done for thousands of years, you don't hear people complaining the Vikings would have been better off burying their dead would you
Yeah but things move on! this is where thickness comes in, those people who bath in that filthy shit bound soup are so fucking thick its a joke!
I wouldnt go anywhere near the stinky sespit because i know if i did i would catch some hideous disease, those people are half the cause of all the spreading of diseases....they should all be put down!!!!!
Even the ones who come here fucking stink and dont bother bathing, we have the obligatory 'corner shop' with some in and the place is a right dirty tip.....i suppose they dont know any other way or dont want to.