General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

WRC Focus shell, I dont think so

Search this Thread

Old 19-02-2011, 12:33 AM
v6beast
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar thing to this, I bought tim finchs old one and mine is an ex simulator but is rhd with a lhd simulator steering wheel and fake flocked dash it also has a fake tunnel unlike this one by fake I mean there's a tunnel placed inside the car but no mods underneath it is not a standard focus body though as it has rear steel wide arches. The wheels I have look the same as the ones pictured and are on adaptors that are of terrible quality so I put old cosi wheels on and they sit in from arches a fair bit, so I'd guess this one had steel arches or maybe just a kit, mine also has an m sport plaque under bonnet and the cage is better but still fake just thin tube placed in for show, mine however has no rust and hasn't been on the road the shell is an excellent workmanship but the add on bits aren't these could of been fabricated post m sport I'd hope so but as it's only a simulator I guess a real cage and quality wheel adaptors are not that important to them.
I may one day get round to converting it to 4x4 cosworth power, which is why I bought it, but once the fiesworth project was done I lost intrest in the focus but have been looking at options for it lately as I have another focus I can use for a guinea pig and an xr4x4 donor just because it's there and different but gutless, then use a cosworth next time or don't bother with xr4x4 just get an rs8 rwd 420 bhp kit from the states. So many choices, i have even thought about front wheel drive cosworth like my fiesta but i keep braking 5th gear every few thousand miles so thats a pain but theres more room in the focus to fit a beefier box. im sure most of you will disagree with front wheel drive scenario which is understandable but it looks better than a zetec or duratec in the engine bay if nothing else!

Last edited by v6beast; 19-02-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: typo