General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fooked teeth

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fooked teeth

hey peeps

in teh last 3 days ive had a big filling fall out and now another tooth (that was pretty mint) had cracked a big chunk off- i wasnt ever eating owt

neways
what do you think my options are?
i would discuss with my dentist but i dont speak her language and shes doesnt mine
i had a gap at the top where another tooth cracked and they said it was fucked so removed it, i was sposed to have a bridge done there but my previous dentist disappeared and i figured forgo the pain and dont bother (i do look a cunt mind )
i think its a big gap for a bridge too big i would expect but goin on general 'could this bite an apple and not break'

i dunno what to do/ask for to be done
my teeth are pretty fucked seen as im 30 front are good but middle rears are all bog'd up

any info greatly received
Old 06-10-2010, 09:09 PM
bythomson
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...get an english dentist,
my mum had similar problem and as she had a hard bite and snapped the first bridge on acount of it being to wide a gap awell, they gave her a mouth plate like a brace plate with the missing teeth attached so she just pops them in and out as she goes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 PM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find yourself a decent dentist tbh
im currently having mine done
gotta wear an aligner on my bottom teeth,only for another 3 weeks thank fuck then having veneers on the top
costing best part of 5 grand
Old 06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

im not gonna be able to get another dentist, its not easy round this way at least
i wouldnt know where to start

i just get ussered in and she says some coded shit to a tidy looking bird with a notepad and then either does something or tells me to come back later and the desk sort the rest

fuck it ill just let em all fall out

5 grand damn, think i'd get someone else to chew my dinner for me
i would prob invest maybe 2k tops into it, just what i could justify
Old 06-10-2010, 09:34 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

both of my bottom rear ones on each side are smashed right down to the gum, fuck getting em sorted till they hurt they'll only get fucked again lol
Old 07-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Zetec_mk4_XR3i
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

mine are pretty fcuked as well, would like to hear what options are!

fronts are fine but back and side knackered, too much sh*te over the years
Old 07-10-2010, 11:48 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The only sensible cosmetic options are either a bridge, or crowns, both are properly expensive. I'm getting a crown done shortly and it's Ł250 quid! It's a ton more if I want a white one!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:10 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
The only sensible cosmetic options are either a bridge, or crowns, both are properly expensive. I'm getting a crown done shortly and it's Ł250 quid! It's a ton more if I want a white one!
You getting a gold or silver one then dan?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I would look to go private and see a dentist that comes recomended.

Your first problem is you are failing to realise they are YOUR teeth and if you want to know what can be done, ask and get a straight answer, if you dont get what they are jibbering on about, tell them.

A decent dentist will talk to you about what you can do and ways to make sure your teeth stay in better shape.

Keep this in mind, in my youth i had 9 fillings and 4 teeth ripped (and I mean ripped) out. I didn't go to the dentist for 10 years after that - you would think my teeth were going to be needing masses of work. I went to a private place and needed nothing more than a root canal and a clean up.

My misses also went to an NHS dentist and got told she needed a series of fillings and had gum desease.

I told her to go to mine dentist and he told he she need NO fillings at all, and that her gums were fine, but she had sensitive teeth and needed to use a suited tooth paste and mouth wash.

Adding to that, he said 'we seel them here, but you can get them cheaper in somewhere like boots'.

Not to say all nhs dentist are gash, or that all private are good, but a good dentist will take the time to chat and look at the options and make sure you know what is going on and get you to decide what you want to do.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:29 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
You getting a gold or silver one then dan?
They don't offer silver, just gold or white. I'd rather have white but my bank balance may force me to go for the gangsta look!!