General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

tiffany engagement ring box ?? --update-- she said YES!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Default tiffany engagement ring box ?? --update-- she said YES!!

right I am popping the question when i get back and before i went away i had a friend of the family make me the ring, its a variation of the tiffany ring that she wanted but refused to pay for the inflated price! (thank god) she always said get the ring made and throw it in a tiffany box and she would be over the moon, well i have spent an absolute fortune on this ring guys, if yer interested it is a tiffany band with taiffany Novo setting with a 1.63 carat in it....lets just say it cost more than my car! well now i cant find the bl**dybox to put it in, i went through duty free at heathrow on the way to work and bought a little ring from tiffany just to get the box but cos it was a cheap box they didnt give the "nice" box thats got velvet etc in it. Someone told me to check ebay, its useless, none on it........getting close guys, need some help!

Last edited by cutch; 16-10-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can understand what you've done with the ring, but not sure if I understand why you'd want to put it in a Tiffany & Co box, especially if she knows its not genuine. Surely just buy a nice ring box and that would be just as nice?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:01 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

dunno mate, thats what she said she wanted, its only going to happen once for her.....hopefully! so i want to make it right you know.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Escy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If she loves you, I don't see whats wrong putting it into an empty fag packet.

Once you give it to her, the ring won't ever go back in the box anyway (unless she's planning on taking it off when she's out on the town?!)
Old 02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by cutch
dunno mate, thats what she said she wanted, its only going to happen once for her.....hopefully! so i want to make it right you know.
Just seems weird for her to ask for a 'copied' ring to be slung in a Tiffany box. If you've spent the amount of money that you suggest, why not appreciate it for what it actually is, rather than thinking of it as a copy and compounding this by putting it in a box such as the ring that was too expensive to buy?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

You could put it in something like this instead?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-TIFFAN...item27b57203db
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Oh... and i can see why youre doing it that way... if its what SHE wants.... thats all that matters... regardless of her reasoning behind it all.

Trending Topics

Old 02-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if the box thing was more of a 'woman logic' thing than you first thought. 'Oh dont get me a real one, just put it in a real box' = please get me a real one.

Regardless, make a little box out of a cornflakes packet, get a permenant marker and scrawl 'tiffany' on the top. See what she says. If she sees the funny side she is obviously a keeper, lol. If not, well...she wanted a fake ring in a real box?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Who cares why, I can see why you're doing what you're doing so good luck to you.
Have you tried asking in a shop if you could buy a box to replace one you lost or something, try and bullshit it, it's only a box at the end of the day I'm sure if you are polite they will help you out
Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my wife a ring when i was in the states just over 2.2 carat set in platinum cost me a arm and a leg but its worth it to see them happy.. So good luck mate
Old 03-10-2010, 10:55 AM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for me i think cheryl ( cutches bird ) appriceates the ring for what it is and it means ,

lol he just shelled out on an x5 for her !!

but its deffo a woman just being a woman , and making him go the extra mile

she prob knows how hard it is to get a tiffany box without buying the ring lol

lifes little challenges lol !!

ill have a hunt about for you mcnubbin !!

beef
Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Choice of 2; Suspect the second may be the better one....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A4-2-Ring-Binder-PVC-Blue-Box-10-/160466430241?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stat ionery_ET&hash=item255c8b6921

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TIFFANY-CO-FLOWER-DESIGN-SILVER-RING-GIFT-BOX-/370437059823?pt=UK_JewelleryWatches_WomensJeweller y_Rings_SR&hash=item563fc4f4ef

Old 03-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the engagement I've just got engaged and it's a great feeling seeing them happy with their new ring

Is it a flip up type box you're after? or would something like this appeal?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gorgeous-Tiffa...item27b1ca1347
Old 03-10-2010, 01:48 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Am I understanding this right? You have had a ring made, but going to pass it off as a Tiffany's ring by putting it into a Tiffany's box???

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WOMEN?!?!?!

I admire your innovation, but any women that knows anything about jewellery will know the difference. I'm getting married next year and just to be on the safe side, I went and bought a unique one of a kind ring at Boodles and Dunthope just to make sure I'm weeeeell in the clear

Be honest man, fork out for the costs, saves you ear ache in future
Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 PM
turnover
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

seems like your allready being told what to do and you aint married yet lol
Old 04-10-2010, 01:01 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Originally Posted by Maria.
Oh... and i can see why youre doing it that way... if its what SHE wants.... thats all that matters... regardless of her reasoning behind it all.
Thanks maria, thats exactly what its about.

Originally Posted by Isaac.Hunt
I wonder if the box thing was more of a 'woman logic' thing than you first thought. 'Oh dont get me a real one, just put it in a real box' = please get me a real one.

Regardless, make a little box out of a cornflakes packet, get a permenant marker and scrawl 'tiffany' on the top. See what she says. If she sees the funny side she is obviously a keeper, lol. If not, well...she wanted a fake ring in a real box?
Shes def a keeper mate, she's the one that got me out of debt and made me settle down, not the nutcase that i used to be. Dont know where i'd be without her..

Originally Posted by ballin
Who cares why, I can see why you're doing what you're doing so good luck to you.
Have you tried asking in a shop if you could buy a box to replace one you lost or something, try and bullshit it, it's only a box at the end of the day I'm sure if you are polite they will help you out
Yeah mate, went into one gave them a story about losing the box, said that all i had to do was show the receipt and they would give another no probs, told them i bought it in new york so that wouldnt be possible, she said email them and they will send it!!! grrr, even bougt a ring but they give a little pouch and cardboard box, she even gave me a spare box and said "since you needed a spare" couldnt have choked her!! wrong type!!! grrr

Originally Posted by COCHYN
Am I understanding this right? You have had a ring made, but going to pass it off as a Tiffany's ring by putting it into a Tiffany's box???

I admire your innovation, but any women that knows anything about jewellery will know the difference. I'm getting married next year and just to be on the safe side, I went and bought a unique one of a kind ring at Boodles and Dunthope just to make sure I'm weeeeell in the clear

She told me to do it that way as they mark up the price soooo much! she's no daft, she loves the idea of the tiffany ring but wont spend that amount on it. She's gonna kill me once she figures out how much i have spent on it anyway!

Originally Posted by -beefy-
for me i think cheryl ( cutches bird ) appriceates the ring for what it is and it means ,

lol he just shelled out on an x5 for her !!

but its deffo a woman just being a woman , and making him go the extra mile

she prob knows how hard it is to get a tiffany box without buying the ring lol

lifes little challenges lol !!

ill have a hunt about for you mcnubbin !!

beef
cheers bud, i think i have found one now. did a bit of detective work!!

haha, very good, yeah i thought of the trinket box but she saw a guy in a film propose to some girl and said straight away, blah blah tiffany box cos of the colour etc....

Originally Posted by Red16
Good luck with the engagement I've just got engaged and it's a great feeling seeing them happy with their new ring

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gorgeous-Tiffany-Sterling-Silver-Ring-Safe-Trinket-Box-/170486534983?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasi ons_ET&hash=item27b1ca1347

yeah flip type, got this one i think, guy said he has spare velvet flip type and the outer green cardboard box....woohoo!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123
Old 04-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Can you not read? That's what she wanted, so that's what she's getting. Nothing else matters. Not everyone can afford to buy the best of everything, and she's told him what will make her happy and he's doing it.

I wish you all the best in the future mate, she sounds lovely.

Benni.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:33 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Red16

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gorgeous-Tiffa...item27b1ca1347
Fuck a duck, that's Ł200 just for the box!!! Me and the wife spent less than that on the whole wedding (rings included!)
Old 04-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Just seems weird for her to ask for a 'copied' ring to be slung in a Tiffany box. If you've spent the amount of money that you suggest, why not appreciate it for what it actually is, rather than thinking of it as a copy and compounding this by putting it in a box such as the ring that was too expensive to buy?

Exactly!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:47 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Originally Posted by Benni
Can you not read? That's what she wanted, so that's what she's getting. Nothing else matters. Not everyone can afford to buy the best of everything, and she's told him what will make her happy and he's doing it.

Benni.
thanks mate

Originally Posted by Porkie
Exactly!

It isnt a copy, its a hand made custom ring that is a variation of the two parts of the tiffany rings that she likes, she likes the plain "tiffany" band but not the setting on it but liked the other type of setting on the "novo" ring but did not like the band on that one, so now she gets exactly what she wanted, tiffany wont make a variation of the two rings that she wants. now she got it. I wouldnt say that was a copy???
Old 04-10-2010, 02:07 PM
FredElliot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Why not then complement that with a custom made box, or custom engraved box from a jewellers?

Each to their own and if thats what your lady wants you to do then all credit to you for trying to get her exactly what she wants.

To me though, it just seems like you are starting off your "official" life together with "sorry we cant get what we want, hope this is good enough".

I reckon a nice polished wooden box with silk inside and a nice heartfelt engraving inside the lid, or something like that would fully complement your hard efforts on getting the custom ring made too.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:24 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

look, the guy is going well out of his way to make sure the minute he drops down to one knee is perfect for his missus, exactly like she dreamed it to be many times over..

the fact the ring is not Genuine Tiffany does not matter, The fact is she wants to see a Tiffany box, with her hybrid copy of two Tiffany rings inside it, she wants to see him present it to her like that -and with women presentation is worth twice as much as the substance.

As an example of this, look at the time they spend applying lotions and potions to make them look pretty, it may be the same lady or slut behind the makeup but that doesnt matter! Same about how much they nag about a clean house - same house with the same stuff in it but you cant find any of it
Old 04-10-2010, 05:34 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Benni

Benni.
Doctors normally are
Old 16-10-2010, 04:39 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Well I took Cheryl up to the place where we first met on the pretence that i was going to look at a car and it happens to be near where we first met, Doune castle, arrived and she announces, "we should get engaged here" I nearly had a heart attack! Well arranged with a mate earlier to pretend to be teh car we were looking at, and he was to text back "i will be a bit late, about 30 mins" so we had time to go in and look around etc! Went in to the castle found the room where my mate got married and wwaited for someone to leave and got down on one knee and popped the question......think she got a fright!

Well its to say thanks to everyone for their input...turns out she was only kidding about the box! Doesnt matter, the ring was perfect!

Cheers guys.
Old 16-10-2010, 04:56 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

congratulations me howd nice one.
Old 16-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by turnover
seems like your allready being told what to do and you aint married yet lol
lol

Certainly looks that way doesnt it. Sounds to me like a womans hint to say get me a real one.
Old 16-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Congratulations Anyway mate.

As long as you and her are happy thats what matters!
Old 16-10-2010, 05:30 PM
FredElliot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Congratulations! You must both be chuffed

Now the planning of the wedding starts!
Old 16-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Originally Posted by cutch
It isnt a copy, its a hand made custom ring that is a variation of the two parts of the tiffany rings that she likes, she likes the plain "tiffany" band but not the setting on it but liked the other type of setting on the "novo" ring but did not like the band on that one, so now she gets exactly what she wanted, tiffany wont make a variation of the two rings that she wants. now she got it. I wouldnt say that was a copy???
This was my point. I guess it went off track when you started speaking of it as a copy. I won't discuss how much Beccy's Wedding ring was and I bought her a ring for our first Anniversary (as we never got properly engaged, so she technically missed that ring!!). I will say though that the total of the two don't come close to the price that it appears you spent on this engagement ring. Beccy was over the moon and was crying on both occassions that she received each of these rings. Whether they were hundreds, or thousands, it makes very little difference. Well, to us 'normal' people anyway.

The point I am trying to make is that you spent a fortune and whether or not you based the idea on the Tiffany ring, thats where the comparison should have ended. You arranged a beautiful ring that she loves, forget the Tiffany bit.

Glad its all worked out for you and that your wedding plans all go well.

If you ask me, its the personal touches and planning things together that make this day special, not the sheer amount of money you throw at it. Not that I'm suggesting its what you will do. LOL.

Last edited by Christian and Beccy; 16-10-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 16-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

congratulations!

what is it with womans obsession with a stupid ring being hugely expensive anyway?? isnt that materialistic and against what all the lovey dovey shit is supposed to be??

show your love with an expensive ring?? does that mean poor people cant love a bird as much because they cant afford such an expensive ring???
Old 16-10-2010, 07:01 PM
xr2john
Passionford Addict

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts

Congrats mate. That's u broke now. Lol
Old 16-10-2010, 07:27 PM
callummarshall

my aunt deals in "genuine" cough cough tiffany products and she may well have a very verry goo coppy box spare these are really good quality and take a jeweler to tell the differnece in the silver products and the boxes are top knotch i could see if i could get you one if you wanted and had a pic of one that she wants. i totaly see where your coming thing bud all the best

callum
Old 16-10-2010, 07:30 PM
callummarshall

just read your post sorry skiped to the bottom and posted congratulations and all the best

callum
Old 16-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Red16
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulation kidda
Old 16-10-2010, 07:43 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

congrats buddy
Old 16-10-2010, 07:47 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Congrats mate, today you officially grew a pair and became a real man! Welcome to the pre-ball and chain club

You got a date in mind?
Old 17-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Congratulations!!!!

Were you nervous when you were proposing?

Can we get a pic of this ring now please?! lol
Old 19-10-2010, 07:18 AM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Thanks everyone. Shes well happy.

Congrats mate, today you officially grew a pair and became a real man! Welcome to the pre-ball and chain club

You got a date in mind?
right after the escos is built! probably about 2 yrs, seems like there is going to be waiting lists about that long for the venues she would like! mental.....

Originally Posted by Maria.
Congratulations!!!!

Were you nervous when you were proposing?

Can we get a pic of this ring now please?! lol
thanks, moi, nervous....never.....yeah i was actually, didnt think i would be but i did.

Heres a couple of pics for you.

Old 19-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Stunning!
Old 19-10-2010, 12:09 PM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

pics dont do it justice to be honest. will get some better ones sometime soon.

Quick Reply: tiffany engagement ring box ?? --update-- she said YES!!