General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Problem with employee!

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Mark B
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with employee!

Hey bit of a random question here but thought I'd ask for some help, basic situation is...

I work for a retail company as a assistant manger, run the store myself most of the time so take on the same responsibilities as the general manager who covers two stores,

This evening I get a text off a employee asking to start later tomorrow as she is owed time, this is how the conversation went...

Can i cum in at 3 tmro?

Me : aye

Her: wot

Me: yes

Her: ?!

Me: what don't you get?

Her: Mark!!!im sleepin.fuk off

Me: Don't give me your shite attitude, you text asking to come in a three so I said aye, you need to calm down this attitude mellissa

Her : jog on

Me: grow up please!

Her : k
Her : ur sum nik!

Chose not to argue back with her and just received a text saying fuck you!

This is my supervisor who has text this now I've only been In the position a few months and the general manager is away on holiday so don't want to go running to her, I only have the power to give verbal warnings but because it's outside work I'm not sure where I stand?

Any info is appreciated,

Thanks

Mark
Old 29-09-2010, 10:52 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

tricky one, get her in the office and ask her what the fuck she was playing at..

go hard at her and she might realise she just can't do that, she may play the pmt card tho!!

steve
Old 29-09-2010, 10:53 PM
SiZT

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When she doesn't come in on time (when she was meant to start) pull her aside, explain that she might want to treat someone who is doing her a favour better and then dock her pay (assuming she wanted the extra hours afterwards)
Old 29-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Rsmat
300+
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

id send her down the road with an atittude like that...because talking to superiors like that means she doesnt give a shit about her job imo.
Old 29-09-2010, 10:57 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

First of all, don't listen to to much advice on here. If your company has a HR department or uses a HR consulting firm who give actual proper legal advice then speak to them.

If you are not sure of the process or procedure then do not do anything until your boss gets back.

Its important, you need to make sure that someone else knows of your intentions and that you know what you can and cannot do.

If someone is on here works for a HR/Employment Law company then take their advice. If not, dont.

Employment law is a very very tricky area and even the smallest technicality can mean big problems.
Old 29-09-2010, 10:59 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your assistant manager how can you have a supervisor?
Old 29-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
if your assistant manager how can you have a supervisor?

I wondered this too...
Old 29-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well for starters does she look good? If yes fuck her and in many ways If not. Well get it higher up mate. Don't try to handle it yourself as you said you are just new in this.
Old 29-09-2010, 11:03 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm, ask her into the office to explain herself. Be straight and strong with her, make her understand that you wont stand for this sort of bullshit. If you don't like her attitude once you've given her this telling off, or she comes back with abuse, inform her that you're giving her an official verbal warning. Send her out to shop floor and make a note of everything which was said so that you can show your superior once they return.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 29-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

I reckon she sent it to her crack dealer who is right next to you on her phone list. That explains it.
Old 29-09-2010, 11:07 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Hmmm, ask her into the office to explain herself. Be straight and strong with her, make her understand that you wont stand for this sort of bullshit. If you don't like her attitude once you've given her this telling off, or she comes back with abuse, inform her that you're giving her an official verbal warning. Send her out to shop floor and make a note of everything which was said so that you can show your superior once they return.

Cheers,
Grant
If you do that, then make sure you have a third person there to to counter sign your notes as accurate, make sure she signs them too.
Old 29-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Lambchop
I reckon she sent it to her crack dealer who is right next to you on her phone list. That explains it.
WTF chop Crack dealer...
Old 29-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Mr.T
WTF chop Crack dealer...

She's clearly nae right in the head!
Old 29-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Mark B

Originally Posted by Lambchop
I wondered this too...

We have a key holder, a supervisor then me the assistant manager the above me the general manager who over sees two stores.

I don't have the staff for three f us to be off the floor for any amount of time,

Her attitude stinks at the best of time,
Old 29-09-2010, 11:24 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea, just cause you poked her slice and then wanked on her face at the Christmas party last year mate....

Cheers,
Grant
Old 29-09-2010, 11:27 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

If everything off shift is off the record mate, when you both finish work tomorrow keep it professional on shift but as soon as you off shift and off the premises let her know she cannot speak to you like that in no uncertain terms.
Old 29-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Mark B

I'd like to know where I stand as it was outbid hours really? I wouldn't speak to my gaffer like that out of work, it's more of a respect thing more than anything!
Old 30-09-2010, 12:02 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mark B
I'd like to know where I stand as it was outbid hours really? I wouldn't speak to my gaffer like that out of work, it's more of a respect thing more than anything!
Fuck all you can do, end of!
Old 30-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it possible there was a delay in the texts, so you text her back at midnight thinking she'd just text you but she sent it hours before?
Old 30-09-2010, 12:49 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
Is it possible there was a delay in the texts, so you text her back at midnight thinking she'd just text you but she sent it hours before?
Ah good point.
Old 30-09-2010, 01:17 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We have a key holder, a supervisor then me the assistant manager the above me the general manager who over sees two stores.

I don't have the staff for three f us to be off the floor for any amount of time,

Her attitude stinks at the best of time,
Are you a trainee manager? As why would you have a key holder, supervisor and you? If you were assistant manager then you would become a key holder by default and you wouldnt have a supervisor! I'm confused?
Old 30-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by MadMac
First of all, don't listen to to much advice on here. If your company has a HR department or uses a HR consulting firm who give actual proper legal advice then speak to them.

If you are not sure of the process or procedure then do not do anything until your boss gets back.

Its important, you need to make sure that someone else knows of your intentions and that you know what you can and cannot do.

If someone is on here works for a HR/Employment Law company then take their advice. If not, dont.

Employment law is a very very tricky area and even the smallest technicality can mean big problems.

+1..get on to your HR dept mate,they will have all the know how on what steps to take regarding her actions and attitude!!
Old 30-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Spoony.
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
Are you a trainee manager? As why would you have a key holder, supervisor and you? If you were assistant manager then you would become a key holder by default and you wouldnt have a supervisor! I'm confused?

in the shop i work in there is a store manager - assistant manager - and two supervisors - all are key and alarm code holders.....maybe be different in his shop tho mate!
Old 30-09-2010, 02:11 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Spoony.
in the shop i work in there is a store manager - assistant manager - and two supervisors - all are key and alarm code holders.....maybe be different in his shop tho mate!
so what exactly would an assistant manager do? If he wasnt a keyholder and have a supervisor above him?
Old 30-09-2010, 05:12 AM
rubinsbin
BANNED
BANNED

Outside working hours! What right do you think have to officialy reprimand her ?

And why bring it to passion ford and wash your dirty washing here????
You should not be in a managers position if you need to come on here. HOW OLD ARE YOU??
SPOKE TO YOUR MUM AND DAD ABOUT IT YET??????????
IS THIS HOW AND TRADE AND INDUSTRY IS RUN-

Last edited by rubinsbin; 30-09-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 30-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Chris Honeywell

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
Outside working hours! What right do you think have to officialy reprimand her ?

You should not be in a managers position if you need to come on here. HOW OLD ARE YOU??
LOL he is asking fair advice and this is one of these threads that is asking valid points, and yes this is how a lot of Industry and Trade IS run
Old 30-09-2010, 06:39 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubinsbin

Are you actually capable of bringing ANYTHING constructive to any thread you participate in?

For the OP. Just let it go and forget about it is my advice.
Old 30-09-2010, 07:12 AM
b_kennedy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Why is she texting you anyway. Shouldn't it be official by phone or is it just me.

Just seems a bit unprofessional and 'lazy' and thats prob why she thinks she can take the piss. I have a very good relationship with my drivers and we have a good laugh as long as the job is done but as soon as they f**k about they know I'll have them. As mentioned above it just shows her lack of respect.

Good luck fella
Old 30-09-2010, 07:59 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chris Honeywell
LOL he is asking fair advice and this is one of these threads that is asking valid points, and yes this is how a lot of Industry and Trade IS run
Shhhhhh dont feed the troll
Old 30-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Mark B

We have a store manager but he covers 2 stores, my key holder, supervisor and me the assistant manager all hold keys and alarm codes,

P.s I did tell my mum n dad they tol me to piss in her tea n come onto passionford where all the big boys would give me more advice...
I replied back straight away, really don't understand her problem, I'm close with all my staff and speak to them outside of work alot, think I'll just say contact me for work purpose only as I'm not being spoken to like that,
Old 30-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Sounds like she has a terrible attitude and ripe for the sacking, but these days I suppose you need a reason, and something that's happened outside work is probably not relevant.
Old 30-09-2010, 09:11 AM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kick her in the cunt!
Old 30-09-2010, 09:52 AM
steviecossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by b_kennedy
Why is she texting you anyway. Shouldn't it be official by phone or is it just me.

Just seems a bit unprofessional and 'lazy' and thats prob why she thinks she can take the piss. I have a very good relationship with my drivers and we have a good laugh as long as the job is done but as soon as they f**k about they know I'll have them. As mentioned above it just shows her lack of respect.

Good luck fella

exactly what i thought mate, it is quite unproffesional texting instead of a phone call. my work doesnt allow it because people just think they can take the piss when they send a one liner text. its a total lack of respect imo. we had 1 guy who thought he could get away with this he always had an excuse to be off and there was never a phone call it was always a 1 liner text to my work mobile or my managers mobile at the last minute which showed he didnt give a fuck. we went down the disciplinary road and then finally we gave him a choice of being sacked or handing in his notice. he held in his notice straight away as he had been sacked from his last job for a similar thing.

if she had txt me asking for the time off she wouldve been told to call and make it official at a reasonable time

Last edited by steviecossie; 30-09-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 30-09-2010, 10:39 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

We have a store manager but he covers 2 stores, my key holder, supervisor and me the assistant manager all hold keys and alarm codes,

P.s I did tell my mum n dad they tol me to piss in her tea n come onto passionford where all the big boys would give me more advice...
I replied back straight away, really don't understand her problem, I'm close with all my staff and speak to them outside of work alot, think I'll just say contact me for work purpose only as I'm not being spoken to like that,
So where are you in the chain of command then?
Old 30-09-2010, 10:40 AM
ben_frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would have just gone to work as usual as if the convo had never happened then warn her for being late then when she gets pissed off say the convo never happened it was out of hours and she was a cunt
Old 30-09-2010, 10:47 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

What does "ur sum nik!" mean?

Just talk to her when she gets in, maybe it's rag week or something.
Old 30-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

<<--- at all the advice here
Old 30-09-2010, 10:56 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

I used to be in retail as part of the management team.

Firstly, no one would have spoken to me like that, complete lack of respect for you and any of the management.

IF they had, I would have taken them aside when they came in and made it clear that you won't be spoken to like that and that if it continues then it will be taken further. Just see what happens from there. It's all you can do realistically.
Old 30-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by lead_foot
What does "ur sum nik!" mean?

Just talk to her when she gets in, maybe it's rag week or something.
Roughly translated it means: 'there's something wrong with you'. It's the uneducated chav girl's way of trying to better you in an argument, when really it means she's pathetic, lacks self control and is throwing her toys out of the pram.

I'd go for punching her cunt in personally. Possibly after you've shagged her to at least make her a bit useful. Hope that helps.
Old 30-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I spent a few years in retail management, NEVER again!!

Unfortunately the industry seems to be full of mongoids

Quick Reply: Problem with employee!