General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

N/A Tuning in staffordshire area?

Search this Thread

Old 29-09-2010, 07:53 AM
hineho87
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default N/A Tuning in staffordshire area?

Hi all,

Im looking at gettin my car mapped to see if i can get bit more out of my car and sort out the power delivery.

I asked on here when i got my cams fitted and got good reviews on Mikeanics so went there as was happy with the job he did (and the price lol)

My car is a 1.8 focus with exhaust/induction/cam mods.

Anyone recommend a good tuner in staffordshire area? or do you think its not worth it as car is N/A?

herd good things bout MSD but its 200mile return journey and if im not happy with it or have problems then its a big journey. Tried their superchips dealers but the one near me has disappeared (think it was in stoke somewhere). Anyone know why?

There is Rapid remap in cannock (bout 60miles return away) and CC tuning in Burton. Anyone used them?

Any other help appreciated?

I think its one of those things i want to see if the gains/improvement in driving are worth it as get mixed reviews from people

Thanks

Matt

Last edited by hineho87; 29-09-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 29-09-2010, 09:49 AM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Travel to the best people for the job. And imo, it's not worth it. At least half of the re-mapping places in Staffordshire spout pure bollocks, hence why most of them state that they are the best tuners in the country on their websites
Old 29-09-2010, 11:08 AM
whosyadaddy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nms in derby ?
Old 29-09-2010, 11:23 AM
hineho87
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by SiZT
Travel to the best people for the job. And imo, it's not worth it. At least half of the re-mapping places in Staffordshire spout pure bollocks, hence why most of them state that they are the best tuners in the country on their websites
cheers for the reply m8, i just wanted to check as i prefer to go own people experiences rather than the BS on the websites. Do you think its not worth doin then?
Old 29-09-2010, 03:59 PM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hineho87
cheers for the reply m8, i just wanted to check as i prefer to go own people experiences rather than the BS on the websites. Do you think its not worth doin then?
Dpends how long you want to keep the car tbh. I've heard good reports about both Mikeanics and GT Motorsport and Turbosystems are highly rated and a Evolution Chip dealer.
Old 30-09-2010, 02:06 PM
hineho87
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by whosyadaddy
Nms in derby ?
Will av a look into them. U used them for mapping?

Originally Posted by SiZT
Dpends how long you want to keep the car tbh. I've heard good reports about both Mikeanics and GT Motorsport and Turbosystems are highly rated and a Evolution Chip dealer.
Well if i got it mapped and was happy wud be keepin it for least 1 1/2-2yrs.

Yea he was gud with my cams. He didnt recommend a remap and said go for bigger TB. I did this and it made slight improvement in throttle response. Nearly used GT motorsport before. Not sure if they do mapping though.

Think turbosystems was the company i was goin to go to but lost the details. I then checked evolution chips website and they had been removed from there??