General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Gonna kill me this is ................

Search this Thread

Old 17-09-2010, 07:58 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna kill me this is ................

Got an appointment at the vets at 1 p.m to have my little girl put to rest she is 4 years old and has THAT BASTARDING FUCKING CANCER!!!she has never hurt a fly R.I.P GUCCI xxx
it takes a lot for me to cry but this is going to break me
Old 17-09-2010, 08:02 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Last edited by RC4; 17-09-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 17-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really sorry to hear that mate
Old 17-09-2010, 08:07 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers pal ,tears are coming now......................
Old 17-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Xr2iTurbo
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear this i had to take my dog earlier this yr she was 17though-broke my heart even though you know its for the best,il admit too i also shed a tear very sad times
Old 17-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Nath
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gutted for you. It must be a heart breaking decision and one I wouldn't to be making either
Old 17-09-2010, 08:10 AM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Shite mate sorry to hear this one of the reasons i dont have a pet i couldnt do it ,She is gorgeous as well

Trending Topics

Old 17-09-2010, 08:12 AM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

had her from being 7 weeks
it is a heartbbreaking decision nath
she is in lots of pain today and me and the wife agreed its for the best as i said when she was infected(3 months ago) as soon as she is suffering we shall do what is best for her
cheers for the comments lads
Old 17-09-2010, 08:16 AM
boothy
BANNED
BANNED

Sorry too hear this mate .we get so attached to our best friends dread the day mine goes chin up mate
Old 17-09-2010, 08:17 AM
daviddunlop83
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that mate

We had to get our lab put to sleep when it was about 5 years old due to some liver problem. Most gentle dog ever but if you tried to stroke its side one day it snapped at you because it was in pain so we took it to the vets for her never to return :-(
Old 17-09-2010, 08:51 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

sorry to hear this and rip.

gorgeous dog too
Old 17-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Steve the Plumber
The original Rouge Trader

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So sorry to hear this bud, we've got a 12.5 year old boxer and sadly he seems to be going down hill, we are dreading that day too.

Cherish these last few hours mate and be strong.

Steve
Old 17-09-2010, 09:02 AM
JayCC
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Had to have my German Shepherd of 14.5 years, put down on Sunday..
To say I shed a tear would be a lie. I cried like a little girl. Miss him so much

Credit goes to the Vet though, he and his assistant were great, I don't know how on Earth they do it as a job, but in a way I'm really really glad they do!
Old 17-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Munch
Mr. Sparkle!

I don't know what to say

im just sorry to hear that, must be such a hard thing to do
Old 17-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Gutted for you fella

R.I.P

I had to put my cocker spanial down about 9/10 years ago and i was gutted, She also had the dreaded cancer

Im really wanting a boxer or another spanial but dread going through it again tbh, It really is like loosing a proper close member of the family, in most cases i bet more would cry over there pet rather than a member of family

nothing more loyal than a family dog
Old 17-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ah mate, harsh. Nowt can really be said, i'd be the same. It's hard as you get so attached. Hope you get through it all ok.
Old 17-09-2010, 09:27 AM
RstAaron.
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Worst part about having a pet is having to make the decision. Got to remember the good times and the joy they bring and those memories outweigh the one bad memory. I know I'd cry more if I lost either of my 2 dogs more than I would over most humans.
Old 17-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh honey.

Be rest assured though that you really are doing the best thing for he, and she will be so so grateful for you taking the pain away.

When i had smelly put to sleep, it was one of the most heart breaking days of my life.

I have her ashes, and a this little poem folded up and tucked behind a picture of her in a lovely photo frame.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Old 17-09-2010, 10:01 AM
RigPig

Just remember all the good times you guys had together.
It is the hardest thing to have to do, but as you say, the dog must come first and if she is in pain it is the best thing you can do mate.
good luck and all the best
Old 17-09-2010, 10:10 AM
furry
DECODING JIBBA JABBA!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

know exactly how yr feeling bud, had to do make the same decision with my dog last feb.
only difference was that he wasn't in any pain and still ascting like a puppy even though he was 13years old, but vets had told us he had a tumor and it could cause him a lot of pain at any moment. it's not fair to let them suffer so i take my het off to you for making a very tough decision.

R.I.P
Old 17-09-2010, 10:21 AM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

sorry to hear this mate
just remember the good times
Old 17-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Joshy
Dreamer

Parents had our doberman put down in 05, cried like a baby.

Took us 3 years to get another one that could replace him. but getting roo the bullmastiff was the best thing we ever did

you dont do it to forget about jack the doberman, but with roo, every time he's happy, we remember the happy times we had with jack.
Old 17-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Gutted for ya mate really am..best of luck chin up and remember she`s better off and not going to suffer anymore...i think about ya at 13.00 mate.
Old 17-09-2010, 10:39 AM
RSricRS
Long live the ford RS'S

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gutted for you, that poem maria posted up almost brought a tear to my eyes ! but is very true mate.
Old 17-09-2010, 03:30 PM
fish99

Heartbreaking.. I have a 10yr old bulldog and im dreading the day when we part ways.

He went to the vet today about his anal glands ( I thought nothing bad as they just clean them ) , then the vet says they are really bad and because of his age it might start affecting his quality of life if they dont show improvement in the next week... Hope I dont have to make that call, but I will if it means he wont suffer.
Old 17-09-2010, 03:40 PM
xHayleyx
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

what a beautiful companion, im really sad to hear your news, feel for you an the missus,

hope your both okay,
RIP
X
Old 17-09-2010, 03:50 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Can't say I have experienced what. Lot of peeps have said here about having to put a pet down but I can imagine it's going to be tough on you

as said, remember the good times and fake some pics to put up on the wall or get a tattoo
Old 17-09-2010, 03:55 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ahh thats really upsetting mate, nobody wants that to happen to their pet/family etc, really sorry to hear that.

R.I.P Gucci
Old 17-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Maria.
Oh honey.

Be rest assured though that you really are doing the best thing for he, and she will be so so grateful for you taking the pain away.

When i had smelly put to sleep, it was one of the most heart breaking days of my life.

I have her ashes, and a this little poem folded up and tucked behind a picture of her in a lovely photo frame.
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

bloody hell Maria that brought a lump to my throat

feel for you RC4,the little buggers just worm their way into your hearts very hard decision to make i dont envy you one bit
Old 17-09-2010, 04:06 PM
nebby
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Unhappy

Been there 4.5 years ago with our German Shepherd 11 years old and it was a really rubbish 6 months, vets could not find what the problem was, in the end cancer of the colon.

Basically she had the shits for 6 months, then one night lay on the patio and could not get up, phoned vets and they said bring her down ( 9 o'clock at night ) because it would be cheaper than coming out, after spending Ł1500 over the 6 months i said i don't care how much it costs she going to put to sleep at home.

4.5 years later it still chokes me as i right this.
Old 17-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Ryan_3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry to hear it mate my dog died naturaly 3 years ago, was heartbreaking

rip sweet gucci
Old 17-09-2010, 04:25 PM
adam151082
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear this m8, ive never had to put a animal to sleep. I have a young dog and i dont think i could handle putting her down, just thinking about it makes my eyes go puffy.

And after reading that poem it feels like i have a pineapple in my throat :-(
Old 17-09-2010, 04:26 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ah shit, truly heart breaking. Feel for all concerned. Its not a nice thing to go through at all but deep down I suppose you know its for the best. I had to have my staff put to sleep when he was 12. I got him with my own money when I was 12, did a paper round and saved every penny. He was my best pal, went through all my growing up years with him, my depression stage and everything and he was always their listening to every word I said. His unconditional love was probably the only thing that kept me going some times. We had him put down when his health got too bad, his joints gave out and couldnt stand some days,and ive scattered his ashes near the riverbank on his favourite walk. I still go down now with my new dog to pay my repects and always fill up, he seems to know the place has meaning too. Its nice to have a place to go though to remind me of him. The rainbow bridge poem that Maria put up was given to us when they cremated him and its nice to think of thats where hes gone. Might be worth considering if you already havent? Basically I couldnt let go but that helped me through it. Best wishes at this upsetting time
Steve
Old 17-09-2010, 04:31 PM
RS Juto
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

So sorry to hear, thoughts are with you. I've been there and its heart breaking. Best wishes
Old 17-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Originally Posted by Maria.
Oh honey.

Originally Posted by RC4

sorry to hear mate

rip
Old 17-09-2010, 05:19 PM
longdog
PassionFord Post Troll

You're doing the best thing bud, as heart breaking as it is.
Think of the happy times and what a great life you've made for her.

dean
Old 17-09-2010, 05:26 PM
KSA-Cossie
Professional Waffler

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Really feel for you m8.
Old 17-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Totaly guted for you mate

I have 2 labs and they mean the world to me and god knows what i will do when the day comes im put in your place
It must be the hardest thing you have ever done and all i can say is im so very sorry for you

RIP little dog
Old 17-09-2010, 05:31 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

sad news mate
Old 17-09-2010, 05:46 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

hope you got on ok mate

Quick Reply: Gonna kill me this is ................