General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

traders policy

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
wayne dowling
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traders policy

Hi wots the best compeny to get a traders policy with

thanks wayne
Old 11-09-2010, 05:47 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hi mate, I`ve been with Buckingham for a few years now and found them very helpful.Be a bit careful with what you want to use the policy for as I`ve heard a few horror stories over the years of peeps thinking they`re covered to drive anything but thats not always the case.Best off being honest with them as it dosent always make a huge difference to the policy.Be aware though that you will only be paid out trade prices in the event of a claim,so if you`ve got something worth a few quid be a bit careful. A lot only offer 3rd party only if its modified but personally I`ve had trade for a number of years now and it`s one of the best investments I`ve made,I`ve probably sold 40% more cars by being able to offer to tax them first.

others are tradesure,i found very expensive,red star (iirc),great the first year,piss take the second and tradex, again, expensive.

I`m 34,missus 35 and we pay £730 pa,any car,fully comp BUT, there are a few restrictions i.e you need to contact them first for evo`s,cossies,imprezas etc although you can still tax them no probs.If i paid £900 it meant I could drive anything at all,although cossies were still only tpo (remnant from the 80`s/90`s).

A nice note is bike cover for any bike is usually no more than about an extra £200,if you think about it even the shittest 400 would cost you about that fully comp.

Mines down to a £250 excess right now,although it was £500 for a few years.

hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

i spent all day yesterday doing this
the cheapest i got quoted was £750 tpft from lloyds thats me being 31 with no claims bonus

i tried tradewise , tradex , liverpool victoria , and so on and all of them were over a grand and £2000 at the other end
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what do you need it for as most are just road risk only

also if you need to claim you will normally have to prove you are a trader ie accounts ect so be carefull if you just wanna drive a few cars that you own!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:14 PM
STeve
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Official PassionFord BANNED Trader
Super Moderator

Received 869 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by saph4be
what do you need it for as most are just road risk only

also if you need to claim you will normally have to prove you are a trader ie accounts ect so be carefull if you just wanna drive a few cars that you own!

very valid point as I came unstuck with this some years back
Old 11-09-2010, 06:28 PM
wayne dowling
Regular Contributor

I only need it so i can drive the cars i own & when i need too road test customers cars when i do forigners