General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Admiral Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Admiral Insurance

Fuckin cunts lol

Went online and changed my address details since moving house etc

Emailed me back saying there is a extra charge of £30 summit pence

WTF for, im living further into the sticks than i was and car is tucked away in the garage i didnt have before

They are getting a call 2morrow
Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an Admin charge, all of the cnuts do it! Cnuts!!

I moved house about 4 months ago, changed the details with Admiral, they charged me an admin fee then reduced the price of my policy and refunded me!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Admin fee, any change to the policy will generate this, with the majority of insurance companies.

Rick
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Yeah i thought as much

£30 for a piece of paper and envelope fuck me LOL

CIS charged me £45 for canceling a policy at xmas as i had sold the other car, something they never ever used to do.

Credit crunch has a lot of blame but fuckin robbin folk is shocking

Might aswell just hump me with no lube or even spit
Old 02-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mate they renewed my old car policy without me asking them too, been taking 180 quid a month from my account for the last 4 months the cunts and i called them up to complain and EVEN THOUGH THEY WROTE THE CAR OFF ! they still think its my fault cause i never told them i WAS NOT INTERESTED in renewing my insurance
Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They are cunts.. told my girlfriend she had 3 years NCB, confirmed with a manager, therefore took out a policy with Direct Line under that impression. Letter arrived a few days later and showed 1 yr NCB and no record of the original phonecall apparently.

I hate the logo, I hate their call centres and I hate their lack of customer service... but their prices are usually ok, which I hate too, cause I can't resist saving a few quid on insurance.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fuck insurance

Whole country that drives should just fuck it off..................Answer is dont fucking crash

Really are taking the piss, Aggree grant there prices are actually not too shabby.

Although i did compare the meercat on monday for mrk1 focus RS and Kwik Fit came back with a great price fully comp
Old 02-09-2010, 10:50 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats a surprise, cause Kwik-Fit prices for their tyres/exhausts are usually fucking mental.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
wills1cab
Virgin

admiral r gits tryin to charge me £80 odd p/m for a 1.4 cuz i didnt want a multicar policy any mre!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

They are an absolute shower of shit!! Avoid Admiral, Elephant, Bell, and Dimaond as they are all the same company and all equally as fucking useless.

You think you're having fun now wait until you have a claim that's when they really get crap
Old 03-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ive been with Bell, Elephant, Admiral with my previous cossie rs2k etc etc but never ever had to claim in my life off driving.

Thats when you find out just how good a company is like you say fella. Fortunatly ive been lucky i suppose to not hav eto make a claim in this day and age

As mentioned yep they are all the same company with same address at good old Capital Tower in Cardiff............. Been with them that long i know there address
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Change next year mate, I would honestly willingly pay double my premium just to not deal with those useless cunts. Mum and sister both had claims with them and they really were a shower of shit, also helped a lady friend out with a non fault claim with them. Total fucking mongtards
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 AM
nick-21
feet found, i have 2

Originally Posted by Csm
Fuckin cunts lol

Went online and changed my address details since moving house etc

Emailed me back saying there is a extra charge of £30 summit pence

WTF for, im living further into the sticks than i was and car is tucked away in the garage i didnt have before

They are getting a call 2morrow
I have only ever been with admiral or bell, and overall i would say they are ok. I have always managed to get a good price out of them for claims, 3 Didn't charge me an admin fee im sure for changing my car, maybe they did and took it off the reduction.

Insurance prices work on statistics, which can play in your favour or be a kick in the nuts, insurance on Dad's 911 is more expensive if he keeps it in the garage instead off in the drive. He only noticed because ever since we had the old school mini the insurace said kept in a garage over night cause it was, never noticed to change that bit of the policy till he was checking it over throughly with the new car and thought be better make sure it was 100%, was a nice shock when the price went down keeping the car in the drive! What that tells us is in our area people who keep their cars in a garage over night are statistically more liklely to claim than someone that dosn't.