General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I think i upset another member

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:26 PM
drsrst2zvh
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think i upset another member

Sorry if its true but after posting on a car for sale thread pointing out a few things to the owner the thread was swiftly deleted 5 minutes later. Oops. Some people dont take constructive critism too well do they.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:29 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

If you don't want to be upset, abused or generally fucked about by everyone else, then don't come to passionford

What did you say? That his car was a shitter?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 PM
coswurv
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich170
If you don't want to be upset, abused or generally fucked about by everyone else, then don't come to passionford

What did you say? That his car was a shitter?

Pmsl, thats about exactly what happened
Old 01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
drsrst2zvh

Just told him some home truths with photographic evidence and then the thread was deleted instantly. Why people cant just be honest is beyond me. If you put a link on a for sale add to your photobucket account and theres pictures of your car with the arches full of filler that you dont want people to see then your asking for trouble.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

I've upset a few people recently but they had it coming.if somebody annoys me or writes something that takes the piss then it's noted and when they leave themselves open to abuse I take the oppurtunity.only 4 folk have ever bothered me and I got them all back in the past week!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hahahaha what was the car?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its actually against the rules to post derogatory posts on someones for sale thread.

If you had a problem with the car why not just PM the seller and talk to him about it rather than ruin the advert.

Trending Topics

Old 01-09-2010, 05:49 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by drsrst2zvh
Sorry if its true but after posting on a car for sale thread pointing out a few things to the owner the thread was swiftly deleted 5 minutes later. Oops. Some people dont take constructive critism too well do they.
now you need to tell us what car & what member!?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
turbochild
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by markyd3
Its actually against the rules to post derogatory posts on someones for sale thread.

If you had a problem with the car why not just PM the seller and talk to him about it rather than ruin the advert.
Why is it against the rules if the car is not described honestly or the advert is misleading and someone knows this they should say to prevent someone been ripped off or potentially wasting time and money goin to view if you have something to hide or wanna sell a shitter you have to be open to critism imo or sell as spares or repairs or ebay it
Old 01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Mark 3D

Because members pay a fee to be able to advertise on here and dont deserve to have their adverts ruined by peoples opinions which vary at the best of times.

It is down to the interested parties to ask questions about the car before travelling to see it etc etc

If people feel that there is genuine concern about an advert then you can always report it so that we can look into it.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:01 PM
dangerousbrian

not having a go at you but surely it should be against the rules to advertise something that is misleading about its quality etc? personally i think its only fair, as already said it could help someone getting ripped off buying something they think is good.. i realise its difficult to moderate such things but when they are brought to peoples attention they should be left..i wouldnt want to buy or view a shitter on the promise its mint..would you?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Mark 3D

Im just telling you the rules as they stand!!
Old 01-09-2010, 06:04 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

hahaha classic pf usually its me getting in trouble for it
Old 01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
turbochild

so in that case so long as you pay a tenner you can try rip members off by selling a shitter and that's ok but if a member produces proof the car isn't as described that's against the rules that's bollox imo if you have something for sale and there is critism so what? if i was gonna sell my car on here then i'd expect someone to comment in a negative way maybe price or whatever it is constructive critism but at the end of the day there is an ass for every car lol
Old 01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Mark 3D

Here you go.

Here are the rules of the Cars for sale room as stickied in there at the top.

https://passionford.com/forum/cars-f...e-posting.html
Old 01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by dangerousbrian
not having a go at you but surely it should be against the rules to advertise something that is misleading about its quality etc? personally i think its only fair, as already said it could help someone getting ripped off buying something they think is good.. i realise its difficult to moderate such things but when they are brought to peoples attention they should be left..i wouldnt want to buy or view a shitter on the promise its mint..would you?
completely unrealistic mate

its down to the person buying the car to make sure it is as described.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

come on mark give yourself a break.

Quoting the rules is sooooooooooo boring
Old 01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Mark 3D

Originally Posted by Lambchop
come on mark give yourself a break.

Quoting the rules is sooooooooooo boring

lol im just trying to avoid a pointless argument!!

The rules are in place and have been for ages in regards to posting unwanted comments and opinions on peoples for sale threads!!
Old 01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

daft as it sounds, i dont agree with anyone!!.. anther pointless topic
Old 01-09-2010, 06:10 PM
dangerousbrian

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo

hence why i said its difficult to meoderate
surely members posting about the quality or lack of it is helping the mod moderate? i know its up to the buyer, im a believer in if you bought the car then its your problem but i would be grateful if someone gave me some info on the car before i made said purchase
Old 01-09-2010, 06:11 PM
turbochild

Here you go.

Here are the rules of the Cars for sale room as stickied in there at the top.

https://passionford.com/forum/cars-f...e-posting.html
Maybe the rules should be adjusted then as from what i see there kinda proventing members from potentially bringing something to another members attention to prevent them from been ripped off
Old 01-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

lol im just trying to avoid a pointless argument!!

The rules are in place and have been for ages in regards to posting unwanted comments and opinions on peoples for sale threads!!

Aye but quoting it makes you look like a right "stickler". I have no idea why you'd want to be a mod tbh!

I feel a poll coming on
Old 01-09-2010, 06:15 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

hence why i said its difficult to meoderate
surely members posting about the quality or lack of it is helping the mod moderate? i know its up to the buyer, im a believer in if you bought the car then its your problem but i would be grateful if someone gave me some info on the car before i made said purchase
The seller has paid to advertise their car; same as ebay, pistonheads, autotrader etc etc.
I'm not condoning the seller advertising a car as "good and staright" when it clearly isnt - but it is not up to the mods to be the police it. the seller has paid and that is the end of it IMO

Last edited by LHD220Turbo; 01-09-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:31 PM
dangerousbrian

i think your missing the point im trying to make..i said its difficult to moderate/ police it..and ive never said its up to the mods to do so... what if you bought a car thinking it was mint but wasnt, then found out that a mod hid/ removed some negative info on it? im sure you would be pissed? you may know your way about cars well but some things can be hidden
Old 01-09-2010, 06:39 PM
RS_CHAZ
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

If a car is a scrapper and its brought to light with photographic evidence then surely there is nothing wrong with this??!! Seems constructive criticism can only stretch as far as 'your pictures are a touch out of fucus' or 'maybe thats too cheap'.....

...NOT...whats these pictures of the car being a crapbox and full of filler from your own photobucket profile....
Old 01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually think that the OP might have done both parties a favour. Any potential buyer will now know there were issues with the car, lets be honest, there have been rather a few ' I travelled three hundred days just to look at a shitter' threads on here.

Not saying the car in question is a shitter as I have not viewed it. All depends on your own point of view about what exactly good clean/excellent/mint/tidy/bad points etc etc .

Thereby saving the seller complaining of all these time wasters turning up and picking faults. Any potential buyer will now be more aware when going to view the car.

I know the rules are there, and that rules are rules, but wasn't that the defence but forwards during the Nuremburg trails?
Old 01-09-2010, 07:07 PM
drsrst2zvh

How can the rules to posting be so protective towards the seller? Surely its only right in order to protect the potential buyers to post "constructive critism" in order to help both parties out?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:06 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

i think your missing the point im trying to make..i said its difficult to moderate/ police it..and ive never said its up to the mods to do so... what if you bought a car thinking it was mint but wasnt, then found out that a mod hid/ removed some negative info on it? im sure you would be pissed? you may know your way about cars well but some things can be hidden
i'm not missing any point

if i bought a car on the say so of the seller telling me it was mint, then it turned out it wasnt mint - more fool me!

who in there right mind buys a car without checking it over anyway? i wouldnt be pissed at all; its up to me as the buyer to check the car over and make an informed judgement when i saw the car.

intentionally or not, i'd hazard a guess the a massive percentage of the used cars for sale in the uk having something to hide that the seller hasnt mentioned in the advert - its up to you as the buyer to check the car over.

Last edited by LHD220Turbo; 01-09-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:13 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well I've made my views very clear on here a few times regarding the cars/parts for sale section.

I believe personally that there should be a more formal for sale ad,like an eBay classified ad etc as particularly the cars for sale sections a fucking joke.

there was a mint mk2 xr2 on there the other night with a documented refurb,iirc there was over 4k in paint resto on it and what's one of the first comments?"why are you so far away,been after one like this for ages but it's too far to have a look!".well,the cars advertised by a respected member after having a ridiculous amount of money spent on it and you can't be arsed to drive for a few hours?to me that says,I'd like it,but I can't really be arsed so I'll give you some false hope that I want to buy it!!!

Personally,as I'm regarded as a trader I'm expected to pay Ł50 per MONTH just to advertise perhaps only one car every now and again,I'm not even allowed my 4 cars a year as a goldmember,despite there being numerous persons on here trading but keeping it under the radar.

I don't want to keep going over it because myself and markyd3 have had various clashes via pm over this and marks a top mod so I accept the rules and move on.

I just think if your wanting to sell a car,then you don't want people making derogatory comments about it before a potential buyer even comes to look at it,remember your opinion of mint maybe very different to mine and vice versa.I don't think the op is wrong to have criticised,but why not make it so nobody can comment,good or bad unless it's via pm,also that way you can seperate the wheat from the chaff.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

who was it and what car?

have you any pics
Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 AM
dazoriginal
prodigal son

being honest about something should always be number one
whether your a seller or buyer
how people cannot describe something accurately is beyond belief
Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

i think you done the right thing mate
Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM
klumpy
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by vaughant
I don't think the op is wrong to have criticised,but why not make it so nobody can comment,good or bad unless it's via pm,also that way you can seperate the wheat from the chaff.
I'd agree with that. Some other forums restrict comments on for sale ads.

Also, each trader gets a score of how many items sold or something (think I seen it on migweb but not sure).
Old 02-09-2010, 12:10 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

I got an infraction for whe a guy was selling an car and he said he would remove the ID from it if the buyer wanted. I mean WTF

The only outcome from that is something dodgy.

The way I see it is PF is more bothered about making money from its gold members rather than protecting the people who are buying. IMO that is morally wrong and needs to be looked at as a matter of urgency.

If a shop in the local shopping centre was ripping people off, I'm sure the shopping centre would do something about it as it damages their reputation. Why should this place be any different?

If there is a case where somebody is trying to pass an item off as mint when its not, or there is a dodgy history or basically your saving somebody from getting ripped off then you should be allowed to comment.

Random malicious comments should be banned though.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
morcheen

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo

so telling others,even if it might be against the rules,about a dodgy car description or worse is frowned upon,but buying a heap and then put up a thread on a forum saying so is ok,having endless debates about what you should have done .it's a bit late to have bought a shitter with others knowing the true history of a car and not bothering to inform people.this happened recently and because the buyer was not part of the 'in crowd' they were not informed and bought a car with more than dubious history. don't beleive all you read on the web .
Old 02-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

If I was trying to sell my car and made false claims about it in order to gain a higher price, I would be really pissed off if you exposed me and told potential buyers the truth about it.

I think IB might be forgetting that forums do require community spirit. Not just rules! Tossbags.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:12 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Can see the argument from both sides tbh. If i was selling a car and i was being 100% honest about it i would be very pissed off if somebody started to slag it off unfairly and possibly putting off potential buyers and i would expect the mods to deal with the culprit appropriately but i would be equally pissed off if i bought a car from someone on here that had deliberately lied about the car and others knew that they were lying but kept quiet just because they didn't want to break the rules. The rules should be changed to side with whoever is telling the truth whether that be the seller or the person questioning the sellers honesty. Obviously before slagging a sellers car off you should make sure that you are able to prove/justify what you are saying.