General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mascherano REFUSES To Play For Liverpool

Search this Thread

Old 26-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Hewy
Inter have officially offered 20 mil for masch. Rumour has it Kuyt wants out and they are prepared to offer 12 mil for him. With a bit of luck rafa will take Lucas too.
Wake up everyone wants out, its only the likes of Konchesky and shit freebee wingers that want in
Old 26-08-2010, 08:36 PM
cossie legend
Part of the Furniture

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

benitez wrecked liverpool. I think he made loads of silly decisions. Why sell crouch, hes a long ball man that no one can handle because of his height. He never gave keane a chance. Owen was free and he wasnt interested, Lucas is shite. Liverpool destroyed a lot of good strikers, bellamy, crouch, morientes, keane.
And torres nick name should be sick note because he must bring 1 every other week.
Old 26-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skeg
Not seen the news recently? There have been a few people wanting to buy United, both here and abroad but all have been firmly told the Glaziers DO NOT WANT to sell.
no, because as the figures i posted PROVE, they are making money from untied, NOT spending it. and there have been NUMOUROS people wanting to buy liverpool, sheiks, the chinese government, there is new one everyday, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, they dont, its free advertisement, like these so called 'red knights' who want to buy united, if they REALLY wanted to buy them, they would make an offer the glaziers couldnt refuse, everything hasd its price, but evidently, they dont want united that bad, or the debt makes them unbuyable.
Old 26-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Wake up everyone wants out, its only the likes of Konchesky and shit freebee wingers that want in
EVIDENTLY NOT, gerrard and torres BOTH had meetings with hodgson when he took the job, both were apparently 'leaving the sinking ship' according to the media, gerrard was off to real, who actually made an offer, and torres was off to city, but BOTH decided to stay.

the reason we are signing players like konchesky and 'shit' freebie wingers is, just like united, we cant spend big money on players, because of the DEBT, and the owners taking money OUT of the CLUB, not putting it IN, ala citeh and chelsea.
Old 26-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

We will see...

I think not. You can keep beleiving it while we are winning silverware and leagues and you are going further and further down the table.
Silverware ?, the league cup and charity sheild ?
Old 26-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Thanks Skeg you said exactly what i wanted to. I hope these liverpool supporters wake up soon!
Wake up ?, we finished seventh last season, are £300M in debt, make a lot more money than we spend, and are in the worst position on, and off the feild, that we have EVER been in, trust me, we are wide awake, just like the untied fans who ACTUALLY go to old trafford, and sport green and yellow scarfs in protest to the glaziers. they can see what will happen to united if it keeps going the way it is, just like i can, its fans like you and skeg who want to 'wake up', you just brush off the fact that the club is heading for ruin, with your 'were man united, kings of the world, we'll be ok attitude'.
Old 27-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Silverware ?, the league cup and charity sheild ?
Yeah there the ones and the league the year before. Its all still more than you have won!

You make me laugh mate you are such a blinded blinkered liverpool supporter, th ereason why no ones backing you up is because really they cant.

Liverpool will be worse off this year than they were last just like the last 5 years, except they would have lost better players and replaced then with worse.

This year man utd have spent plenty of money, in true liverpool form your worried more about what were doing than yourselves.

Does it make the fact that LFC are fucked easier because we are in debt (that were not really in anyway) because we are top 3 most desirable clubes in the world.

The difference is you can buy liverpool and their pathetic stadium and players for 500mil most!

man utd would cost 1.5 BILLION to get them off the glazers as said by the chief of the red knight take over team.

Problem is all the liverpool supporters think that they are on the same level as man utd when they are not.

maybe over 50 years but start talking since the premier league began (when it matter most)and your so far behind its untrue!
Old 27-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and as usual fiddy takes it to the supporter that dont live in manchester.

Honestly that gets old very quick. The only reason youre south supporter is dwindling because they are all glory hunters and you aint had glory in so long no on ewants to support you anymore.

Im fed up with justifying why im a man utd supporter on here and im sure skeg is to so i wont bother!

We are not heading for ruin atall.

As long as the club is worth more than the debt you are fine, the debt is manageable, youre club is obviosly not worth the asking price as so many people have come in looked at the bookes, looked at the dive of a stadium and thought

"he wants 500 miliion for this we will have to pay 200mil for a proper stadium" and these gate receipts aint high enough for a top top club etc etc"

you can keep your position, ill take the 600 million in debt position were in thankyou.
Old 27-08-2010, 08:22 AM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah there the ones and the league the year before. Its all still more than you have won!

You make me laugh mate you are such a blinded blinkered liverpool supporter, th ereason why no ones backing you up is because really they cant.

Liverpool will be worse off this year than they were last just like the last 5 years, except they would have lost better players and replaced then with worse.

This year man utd have spent plenty of money, in true liverpool form your worried more about what were doing than yourselves.

Does it make the fact that LFC are fucked easier because we are in debt (that were not really in anyway) because we are top 3 most desirable clubes in the world.

The difference is you can buy liverpool and their pathetic stadium and players for 500mil most!

man utd would cost 1.5 BILLION to get them off the glazers as said by the chief of the red knight take over team.

Problem is all the liverpool supporters think that they are on the same level as man utd when they are not.

maybe over 50 years but start talking since the premier league began (when it matter most)and your so far behind its untrue!

"Wake up ?, we finished seventh last season, are £300M in debt, make a lot more money than we spend, and are in the worst position on, and off the feild, that we have EVER been in, trust me, we are wide awake, just like the untied fans who ACTUALLY go to old trafford, and sport green and yellow scarfs in protest to the glaziers. they can see what will happen to united if it keeps going the way it is, just like i can, its fans like you and skeg who want to 'wake up', you just brush off the fact that the club is heading for ruin, with your 'were man united, kings of the world, we'll be ok attitude'."

You cant really call him a typical blinkered fan imo...
Old 27-08-2010, 09:14 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liverpool and manure are both immensly badly run clubs.

Liverpools problem is they have no money and to be fair no chance of attracting top quality players. They cannot compete on wages plus your not in the champions leauge. And I'll take a £100 bet with anybody off here they do not qualify this year either.

Manure fans.... the future is bleak for you boys too. Deny it all you want by saying "we haver won this and that" however that is in the past and you need to be concerned about the future. Why do you think the Glazers bought the club? Life long fans? I think not. It was to make money. So therefore making money for them comes before the future of the club long term. Do a bit of rersearch into the Glazers and how things are financed, the only fans who can claim they are happy wear big blinkers

The only clubs who will prosper in the next ten years are Man City and Chelsea (whom money doesn't matter) and Arsenal as they actually run the club well.
Old 27-08-2010, 10:35 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Spurs run their club, we're not in debt, and in the champions league. Liverpool make blunder after blunder lately
Old 27-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by danneth
"Wake up ?, we finished seventh last season, are £300M in debt, make a lot more money than we spend, and are in the worst position on, and off the feild, that we have EVER been in, trust me, we are wide awake, just like the untied fans who ACTUALLY go to old trafford, and sport green and yellow scarfs in protest to the glaziers. they can see what will happen to united if it keeps going the way it is, just like i can, its fans like you and skeg who want to 'wake up', you just brush off the fact that the club is heading for ruin, with your 'were man united, kings of the world, we'll be ok attitude'."

You cant really call him a typical blinkered fan imo...
Thank you, its just the man utd fans answer EVERY time when a liverpool fan brings up a 'flaw' in there 'magnificent' club, 'typical, blinkered, bitter, scouser', thats evidentlly the only reason im making these statements, becasue im 'jealous', they know everything, we know nothing, and take the first opportunity to take 'shots' at the 'great' man united.

yet again, if all the man united fans like ebony and skeg had the 'we'll be fine' attitude, the club would be seriously fucked, at least, the fans wearing yellow and green scarfs realise where the club is heading, and why they protest against the owners, just like our group SOS (Spirit Of Shankly) do against our owners, and worry about there club in the future, not just the now.

he also made a comment that i have somewhere in this thread compared liverpool to man utd as usual, when they are far superior. if he ACTUALLY read what i said, i said, OFF THE PITCH we are in the same position, which we are, wether its a club £700M in debt, and worth £700M, so £1.5 billion in total, or a club with £300M in debt, and worth £300M, so £600M in total, its the same position, the club has huge debt, which needs to be solved for the future, or the club is royally fucked.

but obviously, they will be fine, there great man united remember, i keep forgetting, im just a bitter scouser taking shots
Old 27-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by DanRSturbo
Spurs run their club, we're not in debt, and in the champions league. Liverpool make blunder after blunder lately

its not a question of being in debt, its a question of how much the debt is, and can you afford to pay it.

ALL football fans need to wake up and realise, its not a sport, its a business, and what happens off the feild, is much more important than what happens on it. yes, the more success you have on the feild, can dictate what happens off if, but if you base your club on HAVING to have success to be able to maintain the payments of loans against the club, you have SERIOUS problems, becasue its not a case of success making you bigger/better, its a case of you HAVE to be successfull, just to maintain the club.
Old 27-08-2010, 10:48 AM
puma38
Part of the Furniture

He's way over-rated, looks good against the poorer sides, but him and gerrard got owned against scholes and fletcher, and in my opinion fletcher is a much harder player and more influential than mascherano every day of the week, will be at utd for years to come, actually good to see a hard working player without the big time attitude like some of the wank players in the premiership at the moment.
Old 27-08-2010, 10:51 AM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

lot of plastic fans on here judging by your locations
Old 27-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by RobL
lot of plastic fans on here judging by your locations

the difference with this one, ive supported liverpool my whole life, and have actually been to watch liverpool more than 50 times. now that may not be the greatest number of games, but i bet its at least 49 times more than most man united fans
Old 27-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by puma38
He's way over-rated, looks good against the poorer sides, but him and gerrard got owned against scholes and fletcher, and in my opinion fletcher is a much harder player and more influential than mascherano every day of the week, will be at utd for years to come, actually good to see a hard working player without the big time attitude like some of the wank players in the premiership at the moment.
over rated or not, he is on his way to barca for talks as we speak, £16M up front, £6M to be paid depending on appearances for barca and argentina, so as i said earlier in the thread, i GUARANTEED we would get more than we paid for him, which we have
Old 27-08-2010, 11:13 AM
puma38
Part of the Furniture

yeah fair play, i think your lucky to get that sort of money for him, i just think he's a very average player, he should be grateful to ever get to play alongside gerrard, never mind messi etc.

football transfers go a lot more indepth than just a team wanting a player becasue they rate him- so much politics and backhanders before a player pulls on a shirt.

i support man united, always have done and get to games when i can midweek mainly, but we've got nothing to shout about at the moment, bebe anyone??????
Old 27-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

All i want is for liverpool to get new owners who can clear the debt, and give us a blank canvas to start again. conturary to what ebony a skeg think, i realise the shambles my club is in, i dont expect some rich sugar daddy to buy the club and spend hundreds of millions on new players, and turn the club around over night.

what id like to see is us with no debt, then we can slowly rebuild the club, then maybe in 5-10 years time, we will be able to compete with the man city and chelsea types, without, the future of the club being in the balance.

i realise we are not the force we once were, have serious, serious problems, on, and off the pitch, and the whole club needs to start afresh.

mourinho did an interview the other day, he said, in the last 3 seasons, liverpool have got progressively worse, we were worse in 2007, than we were in 2006, worse in 2008, than we were in 2007, and worse in 2009, than we were in 2008. he is rite, we may have finished second in 2008/9, and it looked good, but what it was, was a blip, one of those seasons where everything just came together, everyone played well, and the team just clicked, but as last season showed, 08/09 was a one off, and just papered over the cracks, 09/10 showed where we really are, and it wasnt a pretty site.

hodgson has taken a lot of stick, but in a way, he is in a great position. with the club on and off the pitch in a terrible position, he wont get stick from myself, or other liverpool fans, regardless of how bad we play, or where we finish this season, because we realise the position he, and the club, are in. even with the display against city the other night, i dont hold him responsible, he was playing against a team who have spent £300M in the last three tears, and managing a team £300M in debt, it doesnt take a genius to work out, he was up against it from the start, then you add mascherano into the mix, roy planned to play 4-2-3-1 according to sources within the club, then masher throws his rattle just before kick off, backs roy into a corner, and he has no other option but to go 4-4-2, which ruins his plans for the game, we then get over run in midfeild, and totally outclassed, and are comprehensively beaten by a better team. now do you blame roy ?, unlike city and chelsea, he cant afford to lose a 'star' player, because if he does, he doesnt, like chelsea and city, have another world class player on the bench to come in and replace the 'star' player who refuses to play.

believe it or not, i actually feel good about my club and manager at the minute, after the benitez years, we now have a manager who realises what the task is, and that is to at best, get 4th position, which with the players at his disposal, if everything goes well, is an outside possibility, and off the pitch, we have owners who realise the position they are in, need to leave, and we may end up with owners who can clear the debt the current owners have got us in, and through good business acumen, can rebuild the club without having the need for success hanging over there heads, because the club wont be running on a need to make money, like it is now.
Old 27-08-2010, 12:01 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Interesting spin, I find it hard to believe your happy just because you can't critisise your manager because he has no money.

Arsenal hardly spend anything but they don't use that excuse? And IIRC they took a huge debt to build the new stadium? Liverpool should certainly look to do things the Arsenal way, you could learn a lot from them on and off the pitch. Since they won the leauge from you just before the Premier Leauge started the two clubs have drifted miles apart.
Old 27-08-2010, 12:14 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by timrud
Interesting spin, I find it hard to believe your happy just because you can't critisise your manager because he has no money.

Arsenal hardly spend anything but they don't use that excuse? And IIRC they took a huge debt to build the new stadium? Liverpool should certainly look to do things the Arsenal way, you could learn a lot from them on and off the pitch. Since they won the leauge from you just before the Premier Leauge started the two clubs have drifted miles apart.

there debt for the stadium was around 250m, but in arsenals first year at the emirates there turnover went from 140m a year to 200m a year and even after the loan repayment there still making 60m a year profit and competeing with the big boys and there 200M squads proper football club imo and not to be compared with liverpool
Old 27-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by timrud

arsenal as a club, continue to compete, without huge debt, or, without spending huge amounts on transfers. as i said earlier, debt, isnt a problem, if you can maintain it, and when you go from a stadium the size of highbury, to the emirates, the upturn in income is huge, that alone, will maintain the loan payments for the cost of building the emirates, so in essence, its paying for its self, which is why liverpool moving to the new stadium, IMHO, is more important than spending hundreds of millions on players, clear the debt, build the new stadium, and grow from there.

Aresnal are a club i have HUGE admiration for, chelsea bought success, man utd built it, but there in a very bad financial position now, and man city, seem to be buying there way to success, the only club that has been able to compete, and grow, is arsenal, great manager, buys cheap, sells big, then always unearths a cheaper/younger player to replace the player he just sold for big money. arsenal evidently have good people behind the scenes aswel, as the emirates shows. every club has debt, but its being able to finance it, without the need for success, which evidently arsenal can. its been a while since they won anything, but there still there, or there abouts when it gets down to the later stages of competitions every season.
Old 27-08-2010, 01:37 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

The interesting thing will be when Wenger leaves, his value is un-calculatable to the club.

BTW I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan, so I have no particular bias towards or against any Prem club

If anything I should hate Arsenal as is the tradition amongst my fellow fans.
Old 27-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well im gonna say we shall see and leave it at that. When you finish bottom half and we are worst way runners up with a bit of silverware ill be happy.

been in 600mil debt for years but one of the top 3 most desiarable clubs in the world.

I dont think we will have any problems!