General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Carp Fishing bug is back!

Search this Thread

Old 23-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Carp Fishing bug is back!

I used to be mad on fishing before cars and nights out came along.

This weekend I decided to get my seasonn ticket and licence and get back into it and im so glad I did!!

Im already hooked again after just one night session!

Im not sure whats cheaper though, cars or fishing Lol, either way I love them both!!
Old 23-08-2010, 08:51 AM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

youre too late,the holy grail thats two tone is dead.only little carps left.i wish i could get a cheaper hobby but anything that doesnt involve burning petrol doesnt do anything for me.fishing is a good way to get away from everything though.
Old 23-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Sp3no
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My life has been torn between cars and fishing my whole life, i used to spend 5 days a week on my local pit, and managed to catch "english" commons and mirrors over 40lb in weight. Its great to feel part of nature but i quickly found that blokes attitudes to carpfishing started to suck, too much elitism (is that a word) so i stopped going fishing for a few years as i really got fed up of the back stabbing, you catch a big fish and people want to punish you for doing so. Just got back into fishing again, but for the sole reason that i now have free reign on a big lake, all to myself with no one to bother me, and a handfull of completely unfished for uncaught carp........... perfect
Black Mirror died yesterday also along with a 60lb Common, complete stock in the Mere wiped out!! Been a bad year.

Last edited by Sp3no; 23-08-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 23-08-2010, 11:52 AM
lee s1
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy R.I.P Two tone

I night fish tha a1 pits alot of sad fishermen about the news two tone has gone
Old 24-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its the best way to just get away and clear your head. Big fish die but there will be others but it i sad as they take along time to reach that weight!

Im torn between cars and fishing now, both are so expensive!!! Id rather have abit of both both in my life then none at all.........end of the day its only money!!!
Old 24-08-2010, 06:06 AM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i havent been since before christmas! gt to get my gear back out i was there 3 times weak before that just local ponds and sometimes catterick complex or grafton mere
Old 24-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Muttley
I am The Stig.

I used to be a regular carper, me and my dad used to fish Sowbrook Pond and somewhere called Oldmoor Pond fished every couple of days for about 6 months in them months I had 1 run that was only about 10ft out before it snapped the line on me then a couple of weeks later we was fishing Oldmoor when I was just about ready to give up I had a screamer that put up a great fight and lasted a good 10 mins or so before I finally landed a gorgeous 11lb Mirror...in the same week my dad hooked his only fish from Sowbrook that he got which was a 15lb Mirror with a deformed dorsal!

It's a great hobby but takes way too much patience for not much reward when you think about it. Would like to get back to it but I'd throw my rods in before you know it!!!
Old 24-08-2010, 09:16 AM
badnews
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

hmm i miss the carp fishing out here in OZ no carp up here and if there were they would kill them as they are a pest out here.
sea fishing is ok but i just don't know enough about it and it is so hit and miss .
the only good thing is it's sunny sunny and at least i get out in the boat ahahaha.
Old 24-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im in to doing a few nights a week now at my local I just love the camping side aswell!!

Hope my interest in my car dosnt die though, but it will suffer as fishing isnt cheap!!
Old 23-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sun is back out and the bug is definatly starting to kick back in, bring on the summer!!