General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

11.5 sec 1/4 /0-60 in 3 seconds xr2 on ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 29-01-2005, 11:36 PM
pugo
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you never done a mistake
yes , but never on a public highway putting the general public at risk
ok its alrite for you to say martin cant drive?

yep like it seems to be ok for you lot to call a bloke a LIAR

wheres the timin slips,
I don't know, but have you bothered to ask the bloke for them??????????Nope didn't think so

right so lets get my facts straight here

Martin lost control whilst trying to get the car back onto the tarmac after a loose surfaced high speed 3 abreast overtaking manouvere at high speed on a public highway..... i am right yes....we have all seen the video!!!
i call it a stupid move as do a lot of others ...this is all based on the information i have to hand...i.e video images, reports on the telly, forum threads etc

you lot see a advert on ebay and without the slightest bit of information(apart from the original advert) deem the bloke a coont and then deffamate his character on here.... !!

but somehow it seems my methods of judgement are incorrect and i should just take everything at face value(like you lot)....and not how the rest of the world does!!!!

ok...seems a bit silly but ok i will give it a go

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sorry, but Pugo game over your gettin personnal about martins drivin, just cos hes statein facts,

you dont need to be the best driver in the world to see its not true.

if he's got slips, then he would of put them on ebay.

wot the bloke is doin is illiegal, if it aint proven, he cant sell it as etc etc.
Old 29-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Keith B

Isnt there some computer program out there that lets you enter all the facets of the cars performance. The guy who used to do the tech articles for Fast Car way back in the mid 90's used to use one. You can enter the weight, power and torque curves, gear ratio's, drag coeff, friction coeffs for road and tyre and it'll give you a theoretical max acceleration curve. Perhaps using that and playing with all the parameters will bring Pugo to his senses.
I wonder if the Magic XR2 hits 60 in 1st or uses super short gearing to hit it in 3rd or 4th - mind you even with the best manual box there's still a big % of time wasted with all those changes. I have an article in an old mag where they raced a 1992 Williams F1 car against Will Gollops 600bhp rally cross car to 100mph. Can't remember the F1 time but the rally cross car was about 3 secs to 60. I wonder what Gollop would have thought as an XR2 pulled even with him
Pugo - you are with doubt the best entertainment on PF for a long time. Do you always argue like this?
Old 29-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Keith B

Someone should go and take a butchers at this motor jsut to give us the satisfaction of proving Pugo wrong. No doubt he'd say on the infamous day of the 0-60 the car was fitted with a ram jet and unless we could prove that didnt happen then we're all narrow minded
Old 30-01-2005, 12:10 AM
pugo

Someone should go and take a butchers at this motor jsut to give us the satisfaction of proving Pugo wrong
yes but as i stated earlier its not about being right or wrong, as i personnally couldn't give a toss if the car can do it or not....its about all jumping on the band wagon without knowing the facts that is making me laugh!!!!!!

i would love somebody to check the car over and prove me 100% wrong as at least they would have the facts in front of them and a good basis for there statements.........which was the whole bloody point of all this

AT FOOKIN LAST SOMEBODY GETS IT

sorry, but Pugo game over your gettin personnal about martins drivin, just cos hes statein facts,

where is he stating facts??????????????????????????just show me one post where he has got any info from the bloody bloke so that you can qualify that statement???????????????

and why can't I get personnal?? he spouting off about a bloke being a LIAR and publically humiliates him , but he/you lot get all upset when somebody dares to question him
if u live by the sword then you have to be prepared to face a swordsman

Pugo
Old 30-01-2005, 12:22 AM
pugo

Old 30-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Are tescos microwave currys weaker than iceleands
Old 30-01-2005, 12:51 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bloody hell ive been reading the first 2 page's for half an hour
bloody give up reading the whole thing
Old 30-01-2005, 08:35 AM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by S2martin
Originally Posted by cossiecrew
S2martin
the move he done when smashing his motor was done on purpose so yes he did break it on purpose
accidents happen you twat like anyone would want to total his car and proper injure a mate you realy are a fucking twat
Mate stop being a fucking nonce
so he never meant to undertake the other car then?
tried his luck and ran out of talent thats all no accident there my friend just bad driving

oohhhh your sooooo mad fucking idiot

Martin
i believe it was infact an overtake someone correct me if im wrong ?he pulled a move and was unlucky im sure he wasnt thinking woooo im gonna just write it off was he ?thus meaning an accident ?
Old 30-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

for pugo's sake lets make this simple......

the gumball crash has nothing to do with this,
the fact that i can or can't drive has nothing to do with this,
the fact that the guy who owns the fiesta takes on bigger cars and wins also has nothing to do with this,

this thread is about a guy who bullshitted his times, simple is simple as...
Old 30-01-2005, 04:54 PM
pugo

this thread is about a guy who bullshitted his times, simple is simple as...
For Martins sake ....lets make it even simpler

No this thread is about a YOU destroying a blokes reputation without knowing anything about the car or when/how the said timings were made.......and getting all your pseudo fan club to jump on your bandwagon........and that is just playground bullying......PURE AND SIMPLE

Pugo
Old 30-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know this bloke Pugo?

Nowt to do with destroying a rep, its calling someone on BLATANT lies

You go on and on saying "you dont know he hasnt done them times" well ask ANYONE with a clue in the slightest and theyl tell you no chance.
Old 30-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Someone time the fucking car to end this bullshit argument
Old 30-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Keith B

In think this thread is about 3 things: people arguing, facts & common sense.

We read the TOYO rules - the facts are it has got FWD and a 1.6CVH.
We're arguing over whether he has some super custom short gear ratio's, how light the car is, what mutha of super sticky tyres and tarmac he found to allegedly to a sub 3 sec 0-60.
However common sense dictates that it jsut won't happen. The B5 ratios made by people like quaife jsut arent that low for starters. And looking at other drag FWD cars and seeing their times in comparison makes it totally ludicrous.

Net result - and where we started is the guys a liar
Old 30-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

steve im now exspectin 10's in my mk2, and mid 7's in my cos, or thats wot i'm tellin every one in the pub.
anyone that says im liein, is wronge as dont know my car

i have know got the quickest cossie, that easy, why spend the money and provin it, wen you can just say it on ebay, and exspect no one to question it. just because i'm a race driver.
Old 30-01-2005, 05:42 PM
EvilFranky
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Quote 'and getting all your pseudo fan club to jump on your bandwagon'

FPMSL, what a fucking load of shit.
Old 30-01-2005, 05:50 PM
pugo

i have know got the quickest cossie, that easy, why spend the money and provin it, wen you can just say it on ebay, and exspect no one to question it
You just don't fookin get it do ya, i am not saying don't question it, i am saying get some facts before destroying somebodies reputation as it fookin stinks, you tell me you can do mid 7's, i would then ask you the ins and out's of a ducks ass about the car and then i would make a judgement based on the info you gave me, i certainly would not just listen to you say i can do mid 7's in your cos and then run around the pub calling you a tosser without getting all the info first
Its typical, lets all side with a bully as then he won't pick on us....fookin jokers
Old 30-01-2005, 05:55 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Is it YOU selling this car or something?
Old 30-01-2005, 05:56 PM
EvilFranky

What you on about?? Side with a bully??

People viewed a post, seen what it was and KNEW what was stated was FULL OF SHIT, no ifs or buts.

I have never spoke to or met MartinH for fucks sake.

Nothing to do with bullying AT ALL!!
Old 30-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

destroying somebodys reputation?

did he have a rep as a non liar? as a owner of a car that can do 0-60 in half the time as a car with twice the power to weight and 3 times the grip?

That means if i claim my mondeo runaround does 600mph and yall say i dont, yall destroying my reputation
Reps only count if they TRUE.

Why the fuck you bring up people sticing up for martin, i dont give a fuck who any of you are, what he said is shite and no matter what the spec of bits i DONT know about, its NOT possible.

Thats all anyones tried to say, and its obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Do you know this guy pugo? Are you this guy?
Old 30-01-2005, 06:08 PM
pugo

"Good breeding consists in concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person."

Mark Twain!!!!

I rest my case
Old 30-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Good breeding consists of a big bed, a fit horny bird, and no contraceptives
Old 30-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by essexrsturbo
rods cant match them times (except for top speed)
Martin 0-60 2.88 Mine 4.09
Martin 0-150 13.88 Mine 0-150 13.30
That means 60-150 its 11.0 against 9.12 making mine 21% quicker once on the move.
If you are going to comment on the performance of my car please tell the whole story not selected Highlights.
Rod
Old 30-01-2005, 06:30 PM
pugo

Rod....you must be a LIAR.......essexrsturbo said you are(sarcasm)

Old 30-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by Itsmeagain
Do you know this guy pugo? Are you this guy?
so...
Old 30-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Just read the whole thread, seems like this could be the case or a close friend
Old 30-01-2005, 06:44 PM
pugo

No i don't and No its not, and as i have stated many times in this thread , i couldn't give a toss if it can do the times he is quoting, nor do i care if he is lying or telling the truth as i nor anybody else i know buying or interested in this car, if i or knew somebody that was then i would be finding things out about it and then and only then if i found out that the vehicle was advertised as doing things that it cannot do, i would warn people that the vehicle was being misadvertised and advise them to find out if the vehicle is in fact what the guy states it is and would probably want to speak to the engine builder to discover whether the vehicle was within its legal limits to run in the class that it was going to compete in!

Hope that answers your question

Pugo
Old 30-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Spax
PassionFord Post Troll

Pugo

we'll see when the
Old 30-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Just shocking Pugo you start all the personal attacks on Martin and bring up all the Gumball shite, then start saying that people are siding with the bully?!?!?

You say we don't know the facts?? errr the guy lists the spec of the car in the advert! He told a big fat whopper in an attempt to sell his car. Martin asked him to put his money where his mouth is, thats all....

It IS a cool car as I said earlier, he CAN drive it superbly... BUT he is also BULLSHITTING about the times.

Itsmeagain and others have posted some superb facts and comparisons with high performance supercars and some FWD drag cars, but you STILL can't get it into your head that its bollox and so just attack Martin because he made an error of judgement on the Gumball??

And then you quote Mark Twain!! That is legendary

Everyone hates car bullshitters and I think its funny when they get caught out redhanded like that

I'm off to bed now with my gun, I have to be armed at all times now as I am frightened that Martin is going to try to hurt me on purpose again
Old 30-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well if the guy has nothing to loose i.e can back his claim up then why not take up the offer???

ok so now everyone is gonna start so why should he?? he has nothing to prove.. etc etc etc ....

so pugo .. you build engines... if someone disputed your abilities and could prove yourself easily would you??

im not disputing anything either way .. but you must admidt when people make claims then you would think that there might be some form of proof to the fact.

would make a good magazine feature tho
Old 30-01-2005, 07:08 PM
pugo

Just shocking Pugo you start all the personal attacks on Martin and bring up all the Gumball shite, then start saying that people are siding with the bully?!?!?
eeeeerrrrrr..........no i didn't, i just reinforced somebody elses statement if you read the thread

You say we don't know the facts?? errr the guy lists the spec of the car in the advert! He told a big fat whopper in an attempt to sell his car. Martin asked him to put his money where his mouth is, thats all....
no he lists a percentage of the spec, if i was going to race it, i would want a bit more info than an ebay script
It IS a cool car as I said earlier, he CAN drive it superbly... BUT he is also BULLSHITTING about the times.
and as i have now posted about 6 times i do not care if the car is good or not nor do i care if the bloke is lying or not

Itsmeagain and others have posted some superb facts and comparisons with high performance supercars and some FWD drag cars, but you STILL can't get it into your head that its bollox and so just attack Martin because he made an error of judgement on the Gumball??
yes they have but as rod has just pointed out, they are selective

And then you quote Mark Twain!! That is legendary
No it just comes from being well read (i was brought up not dragged up!)

Everyone hates car bullshitters and I think its funny when they get caught out redhanded like that
And nobody likes a loudmouth bullyboy with a disregard for public humiliation unless its his own....then he gets his mates to post

I'm off to bed now with my gun, I have to be armed at all times now as I am frightened that Martin is going to try to hurt me on purpose again
Why is that, does he have to drive you around to get you off to sleep????????

Pugo
Old 30-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

MY posts arnt selective, i went into GREAT detail into what it takes to do those times, FWD and non FWD, read MY fucking posts

selective
Old 30-01-2005, 07:20 PM
EvilFranky

And still going on about fucking bullying and getting his MATES to back him up...what a load of fucking shit
Old 30-01-2005, 07:21 PM
EvilFranky

Infact, you've obviously had a problem with MartinH way before this post was ever made.
Old 30-01-2005, 07:30 PM
pugo

so pugo .. you build engines... if someone disputed your abilities and could prove yourself easily would you??
No, i just wouldn't build em an engine, generally i now build engines for a couple of the big kart engine tuners when they are really busy(and they are credited with my work) and for a couple of guys that have had me build them for years..generally word of mouth as i acheived all what i wanted to acheive with 2strokes and thats why i have restarted my interest in 4 strokes.
I wouldn't care if you diputed my ability, i stood at lake windermere after4 months of next to no sleep and trips backwards and forwards abroad with numerous parts i had hand made, and watched the owner scream his hydro into the GBOWR....with an engine that held 24000rpm for 2 runs....nobody can ever take the feeling away when one of donald cambells old mechanics came up to me and said...you his engine man, bloody strong that engine sonny, well done next to the birth of my kids ....that was the proudest i have ever felt!!!!!!!!

im not disputing anything either way .. but you must admidt when people make claims then you would think that there might be some form of proof to the fact.
Ford claimed the sapphire RS Cosworth did 150 mph straight out the tin, you find me a std one that will do a genuine 150mph

but nobody screams LIARS at them do they

Pugo
Old 30-01-2005, 07:38 PM
pugo

MY posts arnt selective

i wasn't talking about yours

but you did pick the most bling car on the webpage
when this blokes car would have done

VIC Andy Ly Honda CRX 1.6ltr Vtec Calder Park 11.73 124

pugo

EVILFRANKY:

Infact, you've obviously had a problem with MartinH way before this post was ever made.
and were do you draw those assumptions from????? because you have just reinforced the whole point of this discussion, the fact is you are just pulling assumptions straight out of thin air i.e i think it therefore it is

Pugo
Old 30-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Mul@AMS
PassionFord Regular

Getting a bit worked up arent u pugo

Considering it aint your car

The times are BULLSHIT thtas what the tread is about
Old 30-01-2005, 07:52 PM
pugo

Getting a bit worked up arent u pugo
no, i am actually very calm..........however i will be accussed of LYING now as i cannot prove i am

Old 30-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilFranky
three words spring to mind... hammer, nail, head!
Old 30-01-2005, 08:02 PM
pugo

three words spring to mind... hammer, nail, head!
how about if i re-explained...the fact that it is not a personnal vendetta against this hadland bloke, but a fookin absolute disgust for all self righteous bullies

or the fact that its ok to for you to slander some bloke on a forum he knows nothing about....but i throw in a few home truths and its tears before bedtime at martins and his followers houses

whats really funny about that comment was up until this thread you was so important to me , i thought your name was reyland

Pugo

Quick Reply: 11.5 sec 1/4 /0-60 in 3 seconds xr2 on ebay!