General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

11.5 sec 1/4 /0-60 in 3 seconds xr2 on ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 29-01-2005, 10:19 AM
ImaRacing 700
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But Martin the bloke selling it may have a sick cat and need the cash to pay for a life saving operation....
Old 29-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Zetetic
Virgin

Fair play Pugo, with you're credential's I would have thought you would have a bit more sense than to post up the utter drivel that you have done. The ebay ad clearly states that it is a 1660 engine, thus ruling out any 2L cosworth conversion. As somebody has already posted up the rules the issue of FWD/RWD/4WD has been covered.

That leaves you with a FWD stripped fiesta running a 1660 (presumably CVH as I would expect the rules dictate that you can't change from the standard production engine).

Now if I was advertising my car I would include everything that would make it sell. Now if this car had any amazing additions (as you have hinted at by stating that we don't know what it's got) then presumably they would have been included in the advert to entice the buyer. Fact is there is nothing overly special in the spec.

Therefore anybody with even a little knowledge of fords would have some idea that a FWD stripped out, honed CVH spec 'racing/track' car is going to struggle to drag itself up the 1/4 mile in under 11.5 and with a 0-60 of less than 3secs.

It's not a matter of having seen the car in real life to be able to criticise it's knowing that on that spec those claims are false. Not only are they false they're very false. In reality that spec is not going to get anywhere near that. Fact. No matter how you dress it up as lamb it's still mutton.

Please don't come back with any points saying I don't know what's in the car as the basic fact's of FWD, 1660 CVH have already been proved.

Now back to the main point of this thread which was to ridicule somebody who should definitely know better than to make false claims. You've hit back saying that Martin Hadland should not be 'dissing' him as he's never seen the car nor is he a 'racing driver' or as you put it'but i do care that some egotistical trackday warrior with no real car racing championship wins or motorsport history can diss a real race car driver'. Why can't he criticise this guy when the advert clearly has false claims?

You stated 'look at the facts here the guy selling the car is obviously going to up the claims a bit. as its a sellers perogative,however he and the car has 2 championship wins under his belts and would beat any of you trackday warriors in his little fiesta, he is a racing driver show him the respect he deserves...... '

Absolute rubbish, there is no seller's perogative at all. That is simply false advertising and why do you insist to target the racing issue in a thread that is clearly targetting false claims. No one (before you posted) made any claims that he couldn't drive well. The simple point was that somebody with his apparant background shouldn't be making 'max power' claims about their cars performance.

Personally I'm wondering if you know the owner of the car as you seem to be so vehemently defending him. I'm not saying this is a bad thing just that it would explain a few things.

I can assure you that I'm not in Martin's pocket and don't revere him as some sort of god! Can't say I post on here much but I do have a read every now and then.

Well I'm off to finish stripping my 1600 crossflow. Got a little fezzie of my own. Should be enjoyable when it's finished and yes I do compete in motorsport. Just waiting for the flux capacitor to arrive then I'll be hitting the magic 88mph and showing the Romans that my ickle car can beat their 2hp chariots.

Of course you can't say anything about this as you've never met me or my car therefore I might just be telling the truth.
Old 29-01-2005, 10:43 AM
magic randy
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

But Martin the bloke selling it may have a sick cat and need the cash to pay for a life saving operation....
Old 29-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

I love these threads!!
Old 29-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by pugo

Me, i would prefer to come with you once the cars ready, watch you launch it, see how the car performs and then with all the info to hand and some base times put in ,then i would hazard a guess to what you could get the car down to!!!!!

its called proffesionalism!!!!

pugo
So you'd call me unprofessional and 'guessing' if I put my car on E-Bay with a 4s claim? As that's just what this bloke's done, and you're defending him.

Pick a side of the fence, and sit on it.
Old 29-01-2005, 02:07 PM
pugo
Advanced PassionFord User

So you'd call me unprofessional and 'guessing' if I put my car on E-Bay with a 4s claim? As that's just what this bloke's done, and you're defending him.
how is this bloke guessing, his car has been built for the last 2 years+

pick a valid argument mate and stick with it

and yes, if you were going to guess, then yes you are unproffessional!!!

pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 02:11 PM
pugo

Pugo - try doing your research before mouthing off.
dude try reading the fookin thread before joining a discussion, i couldn't care less if the car does it or not, however you very sure it can't.....and that is sooooooo narrow minded

as the advert DOES NOT mention any other parts included to make the car perform like that.
errr dude, yes it does!!! or have you not bothered (as your blinkered mind has already been made up)reading it!!

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Steve200+
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I give up, I really do, twice you've entirely missed the point.

You now appear to be arguing just for the sake of it, see what you want to see, go on.

Clutch at those straws as you go down...
Old 29-01-2005, 03:17 PM
pugo

well come on steve explain, your car is a pile of bits and you do not know how its going to turn out!
his car is completely togethor with a known(to him) spec
how is he guessing..............your missing the point completely here

your guessing with your car , as everybody on here is with the xr2, the bloke that owns it knows the spec, he makes a statement you all flame him and you lot are all guessing............!

do you get it yet or are the gears still whirring

how about this, i tell you my car can do 300mph.....what are you going to do.....your going to ask me the fookin details.......not just point the finger and call me a fookin LIAR....but has anybody done this...OOOOOOHHHH NNOOOOO

do you get it yet or are ya still gonna guess!!!

and "you now appear to be arguing for the sake of it" statement is a female stance when the chips are down!

it would have been better if you had said "i know you are but what am i"

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Keith B

I read all the posts before answering - clearly you didnt as at one point you claimed it was possible he had a reduced capacity Cosworth engine. You jsut hate to lose an argument.
Old 29-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Keith B

Bell end
Old 29-01-2005, 08:04 PM
pugo

I read all the posts before answering - clearly you didnt as at one point you claimed it was possible he had a reduced capacity Cosworth engine
yes i did and it is possible.....no hang on ..........tell me exactly what block and pistons he is using.......tell me the cam profile, tell me the torque figure, tell me where he did the 0-60 you can't can you.. as you simply do not know....as i do not know either that is why i would not dispute his claim until i do, unlike yourself. I cannot understand how you can dismiss anybodies comments without knowing the facts .....and you clearly do not

please do not just throw in a derogatory remark about me as that shows severe lack of imagination and makes you look foolish.we can all call each other names....but generally if i feel the need to be verbally abused i just talk to my children(the things they have called me show a lot more imagination than bellend )

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Zetetic
Fair play Pugo, with you're credential's I would have thought you would have a bit more sense than to post up the utter drivel that you have done. The ebay ad clearly states that it is a 1660 engine, thus ruling out any 2L cosworth conversion. As somebody has already posted up the rules the issue of FWD/RWD/4WD has been covered.

That leaves you with a FWD stripped fiesta running a 1660 (presumably CVH as I would expect the rules dictate that you can't change from the standard production engine).

Now if I was advertising my car I would include everything that would make it sell. Now if this car had any amazing additions (as you have hinted at by stating that we don't know what it's got) then presumably they would have been included in the advert to entice the buyer. Fact is there is nothing overly special in the spec.

Therefore anybody with even a little knowledge of fords would have some idea that a FWD stripped out, honed CVH spec 'racing/track' car is going to struggle to drag itself up the 1/4 mile in under 11.5 and with a 0-60 of less than 3secs.

It's not a matter of having seen the car in real life to be able to criticise it's knowing that on that spec those claims are false. Not only are they false they're very false. In reality that spec is not going to get anywhere near that. Fact. No matter how you dress it up as lamb it's still mutton.

Please don't come back with any points saying I don't know what's in the car as the basic fact's of FWD, 1660 CVH have already been proved.

Now back to the main point of this thread which was to ridicule somebody who should definitely know better than to make false claims. You've hit back saying that Martin Hadland should not be 'dissing' him as he's never seen the car nor is he a 'racing driver' or as you put it'but i do care that some egotistical trackday warrior with no real car racing championship wins or motorsport history can diss a real race car driver'. Why can't he criticise this guy when the advert clearly has false claims?

You stated 'look at the facts here the guy selling the car is obviously going to up the claims a bit. as its a sellers perogative,however he and the car has 2 championship wins under his belts and would beat any of you trackday warriors in his little fiesta, he is a racing driver show him the respect he deserves...... '

Absolute rubbish, there is no seller's perogative at all. That is simply false advertising and why do you insist to target the racing issue in a thread that is clearly targetting false claims. No one (before you posted) made any claims that he couldn't drive well. The simple point was that somebody with his apparant background shouldn't be making 'max power' claims about their cars performance.

Personally I'm wondering if you know the owner of the car as you seem to be so vehemently defending him. I'm not saying this is a bad thing just that it would explain a few things.

I can assure you that I'm not in Martin's pocket and don't revere him as some sort of god! Can't say I post on here much but I do have a read every now and then.

Well I'm off to finish stripping my 1600 crossflow. Got a little fezzie of my own. Should be enjoyable when it's finished and yes I do compete in motorsport. Just waiting for the flux capacitor to arrive then I'll be hitting the magic 88mph and showing the Romans that my ickle car can beat their 2hp chariots.

Of course you can't say anything about this as you've never met me or my car therefore I might just be telling the truth.
a man with a level head who is not in my pocket understands too!
pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 08:34 PM
S2martin
Ex Full Price gold member

Originally Posted by cossiecrew
S2martin
the move he done when smashing his motor was done on purpose so yes he did break it on purpose
accidents happen you twat like anyone would want to total his car and proper injure a mate you realy are a fucking twat
Mate stop being a fucking nonce
so he never meant to undertake the other car then?
tried his luck and ran out of talent thats all no accident there my friend just bad driving

oohhhh your sooooo mad fucking idiot

Martin
Old 29-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Originally Posted by S2martin
Originally Posted by cossiecrew
S2martin
the move he done when smashing his motor was done on purpose so yes he did break it on purpose
accidents happen you twat like anyone would want to total his car and proper injure a mate you realy are a fucking twat
Mate stop being a fucking nonce
tried his luck and ran out of talent thats all no accident there my friend just bad driving

oohhhh your sooooo mad fucking idiot

Martin
mom..... there's a guy on the net calling me names!!!!
Old 29-01-2005, 08:40 PM
S2martin

Originally Posted by essexrsturbo
pugo and S2 martin ive got a great big spoon here that you can eat that blokes arsehole out with you want..
no1's saying that the blokes not a good driver as he most proberly is but wot everyone is saying is that car cannot do a sub 3 second 0-60!
and for you to criticise martins car building qualitys, list the amount of cossies that have come close to beating his times (regardless of money)

couldnt be bother to reply to this thread but got bored
Fucking hell another wanker, mate your the fella who is using Jano's bum cheeks as glasses as your head is always up his arse
do me a favour mate you had trouble with the FURY of a 180bhp beantin then smashed the fucker as the power was too strong
Now do yourself a favour and go and wipe your top lip as Jano's shit is all over it

Martin.

p.s i don't really care if the guy could do it in under 3 seconds or not but there was no need to email him giving it billy big spuds thats all
Old 29-01-2005, 08:42 PM
S2martin

ooooooooooohhhh not name calling mate just saying what i see

Old 29-01-2005, 08:43 PM
steviep
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if i feel the need to be verbally abused i just talk to my children(the things they have called me show a lot more imagination than bellend

Sorry, I don't really want to get involved in this but I'm fookin' pissing myself that even Pugo's kids obviously think he's a twat
Old 29-01-2005, 09:00 PM
abdr500
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ive been through the hole pages and its simpel it cant do it end off
Old 29-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he didnt undertake the car as the drive onthe other side of the road , he was overtaking

but i bet he wont to that again in a hurry , next time lee drives
Old 29-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abdr500
ive been through the hole pages and its simpel it cant do it end off
so have i mate, even though i have no proof at all i dont belive its possable even if oranoco drives it
Old 29-01-2005, 09:33 PM
pugo

Sorry, I don't really want to get involved in this but I'm fookin' pissing myself that even Pugo's kids obviously think he's a twat
i do not know you nor do i really think i want to, but leave the comments with my kids in it alone mate...your walking a thin line there matey.... , after all this is coming from a bloke that plays kids games on other forums.......oooh look at me winding the nova boys up...i am really funny (fookin sad more like)

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 09:36 PM
pugo

No actually its 90% of the car racing and karting fraternity, that i have dealt with since your crash, and they are saying "did ya see the fool in the escos on the gumball crash, what a fookin amatuer...bloke ought to stick with building them and leave the driving alone"

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 09:52 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This post makes your eyes hurt after a while.

I'm off to take my 0-60 in 1.7 seconds, 3.2 sec 1/4, virtually standard S1 out for a spin!!!
Old 29-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

No actually its 90% of the car racing and karting fraternity, that i have dealt with since your crash, and they are saying "did ya see the fool in the escos on the gumball crash, what a fookin amatuer...bloke ought to stick with building them and leave the driving alone"

Pugo
very funny... muppet, shame non have actually come forth and said it personally
Old 29-01-2005, 10:25 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Pugo,

I kind of see your point about the spec of the car being "capable", but you're just arguing for arguements sake.

I don't think people have ANY idea of just how fast a sub 3 second car to 60 really is, and like I said before, if it was geared to do that kind of time to 60, then it'd be the worst race car in the entire world.

By the way, I have plenty of racecraft - does that mean my car is fast?
Old 29-01-2005, 10:27 PM
pugo

very funny... muppet
yep those words were mentioned too,
they won't say it personnally dude, your fame only extends to this forum and a couple of car mags.........none of em know your name! the escos on the other hand is now world renowned thanks to your driving talent(or lack of) in the gumball.....!

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 10:29 PM
pugo

By the way, I have plenty of racecraft - does that mean my car is fast?
no it doesn't , but, it does mean that no matter how fast it is you will be capable of using it to its full potential!

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 10:32 PM
simonr
Virgin

Originally Posted by martin-reyland

Pugo
very funny... muppet, shame non have actually come forth and said it personally
I MUST AGREE with pugo ive heard lots of pepole saying martin cant drive just talks a good race just his little chums on here think his is god and love to big him up

just look at the multi coloured metro
Old 29-01-2005, 10:33 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Right.

For the record though, Martin's crash was an accident.

Hey, we've all had one! I rolled my kart once and nearly ended up dead - these things happen.

By the way, I've been in the car with Martin, and I'd have no hesitation in getting in again. You'll be telling me next that because I had an accident once, that I'm talent free..............
Old 29-01-2005, 10:47 PM
pugo

NO,NO,NO
martins crash was the result of the most stupidist move on a public highway i have ever seen it was something you expect a 17 year old to pull wh has been allowed out in his dads fast car!!! when you crashed your kart was you on a racetrack with all karts travelling in the same direction, you all knew the risks and you were alone in the kart, HE was driving with a passenger with no harness/belt on(whom he was responsible for) on a public road with people moving both ways, others may have not expected a 140+mph 3 car abreast overtaking whilst using the hard shoulder, and he had not been down that stretch of road before(i am assuming that) where as you had probably done lap after lap without incident on the circuit you crashed at!
What i think is ironic is that the kid that crashed at the Essexrsoc last year was flamed on here because he was showboating and this guy is held in total admiration for his total brain dip of a move

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 10:54 PM
xr2fatturbo
PassionFord Regular

pugo shut the fuck up

were not all perfect!!!! unlike you sir esquire!!!

but personally his car was a legend in its own right!
Old 29-01-2005, 11:00 PM
simonr
Virgin

PUGO so true what you have said but so many pepole on here love martin as you can see so you wont win most of the users on here have got pics of him on there bedroom wall
Old 29-01-2005, 11:03 PM
pugo

but personally his car was a legend in its own right
in fast ford and performance ford maybe!!! (both good mags by the way)

pugo shut the fuck up

were not all perfect!!!!

this is a discussion mate , you can't use council house threats here mate, if you don't like what you read....DON'T FOOKIN READ IT!

oh i see ,i am not allowed an opinion FFS

Pugo
Old 29-01-2005, 11:08 PM
xr2fatturbo
PassionFord Regular

who said anything about MARTIN????? personally never spoke to the guy. i liked the car mate!!

perhaps you should open your eyes before opening your mouth!

you tell me whats sooo true about if you crash you have no talent??? i didnt know michael shumacher had a clean track record

oh and i guess colin mcrae should go back to driving school
Old 29-01-2005, 11:09 PM
xr2fatturbo
PassionFord Regular

council house threads???
Old 29-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok its alrite for you to say martin cant drive?

why cos he may of done a silly move in the gumball? you never done a mistake????

thats abit judge mental, as you aint meet him, seen him drive. etc etc.

but you argue about a xr2, thats rite a fwd fiesta thats a race car, doin drag car times.

OPEN YOUR EYES> ITS BOLLOX, if its not, wheres the timin slips, oh no, thats rite its just a BUL_SH_T statement to try and sell the car, or known in the game as pub talk.

i dont know martin, nor think he's GOD, he's a bloke known for his cars and times.
Old 29-01-2005, 11:25 PM
pugo

who said anything about MARTIN?????
errr u did
but personally his car was a legend in its own right!
right here????????????????
pugo shut the fuck up
its threats dude not threads!!!!!!!and this perfect example of an educated foray into the world of debating hardly stems from middle class britain.........does it

you tell me whats sooo true about if you crash you have no talent???
its not about if you crash its about how you crash....and prey tell, show me the schuey or mcrae vids of them 3 abreast on a public highway at 140+ ...em not many of them about is there

perhaps you should open your eyes before opening your mouth!
I think maybe you should sow before you reap.......!
Old 29-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Mark V8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

I don't know Pugo or martin, BUT the bloke selling the fester is telling lies.
Why wage a war on Martin because he has pointed out some bullshiter on ebay regardless of how and what he drives.

0-60 in 3 secs needs a far greater power to weight ratio than a atmo 1660 fester with fwd can manage unless it weighs around 250KGs

Mark
Old 29-01-2005, 11:31 PM
xr2fatturbo
PassionFord Regular

i wasnt talking to you pugo yes OPEN YOUR EYES BEFORE TYPING i was talking to simonr

Quick Reply: 11.5 sec 1/4 /0-60 in 3 seconds xr2 on ebay!