General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Opinions on legalising drugs?

Search this Thread

Old 19-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
warren i can see what your getting at mate and i agree but on the flip side is it not what's been drummed into people to bang a few kids out and play the system? If your not working you have give back in my eyes. An 'unpaid job' to recieve a wage when signing on. Would make sense. It would work out a lot less than the minimum wage but it would encourage people to work.
As ive mentioned already, there would be NO unemployment benefit.
You can either choose to find a job, or the state will find you one, or you can choose to do neither and starve to death.
Old 19-08-2010, 12:14 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
thats only being drummed into the "benefit class". the rest have some moral fibre and self respect so do everything they can to work and pay for themselves.
exactly, take away the stay at home benefit and make them earn there dole! And i'm sure the tax credits should be paid in coupon's not cash. You earn cash
Old 19-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

That's down to lack of education and a cushty life on the dole.
cushty lifestyle on dole yes.. they have plenty of sex education these days and certainly massively more than historically so sex ed is better than ever before.

the shits do it deliberately. its no accident.
Old 19-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Chip

They certainly RISK pregnancy deliberately, wether they actually deliberately get pregnant though is a slightly diffent concept and impossible to comment on really as its so individual.
Old 19-08-2010, 12:18 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
As ive mentioned already, there would be NO unemployment benefit.
You can either choose to find a job, or the state will find you one, or you can choose to do neither and starve to death.
that's what i was getting at, you can be on the dole but you will work for it and earn 1.89 an hour or you will get a job, your choice
Old 19-08-2010, 12:20 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gender balance wouldnt be effected, the section on the form which states "Which gender do you require" and has the answers "Boy/Girl/Any" would take care of that ,as anyone who's love for a child would be influenced by gender would of course fail to meet the selection criteria for becoming a parent, so only the "any" would be allowed to breed in all but exception circumstances (such as a known heriditory condtion effecting only males etc)
Not sure it works like that, fella - the issue is that you will be restricting a number of fit and well people from having kids (albeit for potentially justifiable reasons). There is no guarantee that Nature will find a new balance that suits your proposals!

Another aside - apparently one far eastern country (dont know which one - cant remember -dont know if they implemented it either) identified that sucessful people were not making time to have children, particluarly intelligent businesswomen. Furthermore, they noted that less successful members of their community were finding time to have a good deal of children. They were of the opinion that this needed to be redressed. they came up with a quite interesting soliution to this. they offered to pay a large sum of money (say Ł10,000) to the poorer families to be voluntarily sterilised, and also offered a similar amount of money to the busnesswomen to start a family!

The point above is that Chip is not the first evil genius to consider manipulation of the reproduction of the species!

JJ
Old 19-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Chip

that's what i was getting at, you can be on the dole but you will work for it and earn 1.89 an hour or you will get a job, your choice
Goverment jobs will be well paid, and I dont believe there will be a big stigma to them either, lots of people will have them, and the good thing about all government jobs is they will be worthwhile as they will all be designed to benefit the country as a whole, so people will know they are doing something that is useful
Old 19-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by JjCoDeX75
Not sure it works like that, fella - the issue is that you will be restricting a number of fit and well people from having kids (albeit for potentially justifiable reasons). There is no guarantee that Nature will find a new balance that suits your proposals!
What there IS a guarentee of is that nature has totally failed to prevent the devolution occuring under the current system.
As I have mentioned already, im not aiming for some unrealistic perfection, just a massive improvement, there will be flaws and mistakes as that is human nature, but they will be less negatively impactful than what we have currently with chav sluts popping out unwanted kids left right and centre all paid for on benefit and not brought up properly.

Another aside - apparently one far eastern country (dont know which one - cant remember -dont know if they implemented it either) identified that sucessful people were not making time to have children, particluarly intelligent businesswomen. Furthermore, they noted that less successful members of their community were finding time to have a good deal of children. They were of the opinion that this needed to be redressed. they came up with a quite interesting soliution to this. they offered to pay a large sum of money (say Ł10,000) to the poorer families to be voluntarily sterilised, and also offered a similar amount of money to the busnesswomen to start a family!
Interesting, but not something that I feel will be needed in the new system, the removal of children being a right, and becoming a priveledge will IMHO help people to appreciate what a wonderful thing having a child is, so I believe that most (again im not aiming for perfect in one step, its not realistic and attempting to do so will hinder progress) people eligible for children will realise how fortunate they are and want to take advantage of the fact. IF they dont wish to though, that is fine too, no one is going to be forced to have children they dont want.

The point above is that Chip is not the first evil genius to consider manipulation of the reproduction of the species!

JJ
The system isnt about evil, the system is about good.

Last edited by Chip; 19-08-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 19-08-2010, 12:34 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Interesting topic, albeit not the original one!

I must admit that I find it difficult to argue completely vehemently with you on this subject, because I share your view that I believe that having children should not be an automatic right. too many people seem to abuse this right, and not just in the search of benefits! (I know several couples that have had kids in an attempt to patch up shaky relationships - seriously!!!!).

With the above said, the point I was trying to make is that these things no matter how well intended can have unforseen and undesirable consequences. I suspect that it may not go as swimingly as your idealism suggests.

I only say this to avoid dissapointment if you get into power!

JJ
Old 19-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My logic only seems fucked up because its actually genuinely logical and based on caring about the advancement of england, and you are more used to the current system which isnt logical and is based on the advancement of politicians and their friends.
But unfortunately chipster, your logic will never be implemented, because the people in power, the politicians and there freinds, are never going to relinquish power to the likes of you, i, and the rest of joe public, because what is best for us, isnt best for them. its most defiantly a case of, 'us and them, and have's, and have not's'
Old 19-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

fiddy thats why chip will need ex forces nutjobs like me to carry out the dirty work paving the way for a military ku prior to installing chips government
Old 19-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Fiddy
But unfortunately chipster, your logic will never be implemented, because the people in power, the politicians and there freinds, are never going to relinquish power to the likes of you, i, and the rest of joe public, because what is best for us, isnt best for them. its most defiantly a case of, 'us and them, and have's, and have not's'
Indeed, instead of having a loving dictator who cares about the country, we are doomed to always get the utter rubbish that a modern democracy GUARENTEES you end up with. Its not possible to get to be the candidate for Labour or the Tories or the Lib Dems without being a selfish, manipulative, corrupt, lieing, "jobs for the boys" lunatic in the first place, so we will never get to vote for someone honest and transparent in the first place, and lets face it even if the british electorate were given the choice of such a person, they'd pick the saachi and saachi backed smary git like tony blair anyway.
Old 19-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

As I've already said in the muppet room, legalise them all. Let adults be free to buy drugs from companies in UK shops. There should be no benefits, no taxpayer provided substitutes, and harsh penalties for committing related crimes. No substitutes in jail either, so if you end up in there you'll have to go cold turkey straight away.

Unfortunately we live in a democracy, so that kind of thing (AKA freedom of choice/personal responsibility) would never happen.
Old 19-08-2010, 05:17 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

fiddy thats why chip will need ex forces nutjobs like me to carry out the dirty work paving the way for a military ku prior to installing chips government
sounds good, what's the pay and hours as i'm interested
Old 19-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chip and warren, sounds better than blair and brown, and cameron and clegg, you would get my vote
Old 22-08-2010, 01:24 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Just looking back over this thread and another drugs related thread in the muppet room https://passionford.com/forum/muppet...ast-night.html and it's interesting that none of the drug users seem to have an opinion on whether drugs are legalised.
Old 22-08-2010, 01:46 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Just looking back over this thread and another drugs related thread in the muppet room https://passionford.com/forum/muppet...ast-night.html and it's interesting that none of the drug users seem to have an opinion on whether drugs are legalised.
cos they'll still buy them mate. Doesnt make any difference who off. I only smoke weed now and tbh if i could buy it over the counter i would. But the class a's wont be legal so it's neither here nor there