General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Yet another "phone upgrade time" thread..

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Big-Dan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yet another "phone upgrade time" thread..

Have been due an upgrade with Orange for a little while now, I'd originally intended to get the iPhone 4 when it was released but with all the issues regarding lefties and needing a special case I think I'm going to wait till the next one comes out.

Basically I'm torn between either the HTC Desire in black or the Samsung Galaxy S.

Thoughts?

I know loads of people with Desires so would like to especially hear off anybody who has a Galaxy S.

Big-Dan.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

desire as its the better phone, good luck getting one from orange though mines been on back order 6 weeks with them
Old 11-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Big-Dan

Originally Posted by danneth
desire as its the better phone, good luck getting one from orange though mines been on back order 6 weeks with them
Is it the black one your waiting for? Have they compensated you at all for waiting?

Big-Dan.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by Big-Dan
Is it the black one your waiting for? Have they compensated you at all for waiting?

Big-Dan.
no colour specified just want a desire lol, i ring them every week and get the same old trash talk and no...
Old 11-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Big-Dan

I rung them today to enquire about the Galaxy, was fed a load of bollocks about having to pay x amount for it.. Looked online and even Orange themselves have it advertised as "Free" on a £30 a month contract, fucking jokers!

I'm going to ring them tomorrow, if I don't get the outcome I deserve after 3 years of putting up with shitty reception I'll cancel as I'm on a rolling month to month.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Big-Dan.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Im in the same boat mate, orderd the wrong phone so got to send it back and get a Galaxy S
Old 12-08-2010, 06:23 AM
collierm
MP for K.I.S.S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why only those two phones? The new Motorola Droid X is a brilliant phone and if I didn't already have a Nexus One, I'd be going for that one. The proper slide out keyboard is nifty.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 AM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I had an i phone 4 for a bit have a htc desire now and is a better all round phone and to be honest i prefer it.Re-rooted mine and can have endless amounts of apps on it now.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Desire is a fantastic phone but the galaxy has a slightly bigger/better screen, but the actual phone is slightly bigger too, so if your after something more compact then it would be the desire
Old 12-08-2010, 10:35 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Well I'm more than happy with my I 4 first time I have had an I phone of any sort and I'm hooked, sat here by the pool in Spain typing this using the pool bars free wifi!

Steve
Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 AM
S1

Originally Posted by danneth
I set up the e-mail notification thing when I was after the Desire about 6 weeks ago, whe I phoned up they still said out of stock. This happened twice so I asked for my PAC code, they put me through to customer services so I complained about being given the runaround when I could go elsewhere and get the Desire for free. They then did the phone for free (was gonna be £50 before) unlimted text and data, free bluetooth dongle, £15 quid a month! They texted me a few days later when it came back in stock so phoned up and got it.

Used it for about a month during which time it nearly got launched out the window numerous times. Dug out a new N73 Ive had for years and am now using that!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
12_Second_rst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

id be lost without my iphone
Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Oh and while we're talking about Orange, a mate got really pissed off last week because hes on a pay as you go sim, he topped up and as usual got a message saying hes got 600 free text messages to use, well these 600 messages didnt come on the phone, so he rang them about 5 times, try 4 and 5 he got hung up on, proper shit service and he was steaming because he didnt have any texts
Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 AM
S1

Originally Posted by BM08
Oh and while we're talking about Orange, a mate got really pissed off last week because hes on a pay as you go sim, he topped up and as usual got a message saying hes got 600 free text messages to use, well these 600 messages didnt come on the phone, so he rang them about 5 times, try 4 and 5 he got hung up on, proper shit service and he was steaming because he didnt have any texts
When I first got my Desire my internet was set up with adult content blocked so couldnt get onto car forums, I called up customer services to get it removed multiple times, each time "Sidney" or "Eric" in Bombay said it was off then hung up on me, eventually went through to accounts and got through to someone who spoke english (well sort of, they were geordie) and got the filter switched off. was fucking livid with orange by the end of the day.
Old 13-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Big-Dan

Right then, Orange wern't willing to let me have the phone for free on a 18 month deal unless I went onto a £30 a month contract. I've cancelled my current contract with them and have opted for this £25 a month deal from phones4u instead:

First option - http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_...ItemKey=386736

The best thing is, the network provider is Orange

Big-Dan.
Old 13-08-2010, 10:06 AM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Right then, Orange wern't willing to let me have the phone for free on a 18 month deal unless I went onto a £30 a month contract. I've cancelled my current contract with them and have opted for this £25 a month deal from phones4u instead:

Big-Dan.

Its because there is no such thing as customer loyalty these days. Mobile phone companies are desperate to get new customers in with fab deals but they will screw them when it comes to upgrade time! They are happy to let you go as well, as they know you will be back!
Old 13-08-2010, 10:12 AM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Big-Dan.
Thats a great deal
Old 13-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Big-Dan

Originally Posted by Rich170
Its because there is no such thing as customer loyalty these days. Mobile phone companies are desperate to get new customers in with fab deals but they will screw them when it comes to upgrade time! They are happy to let you go as well, as they know you will be back!
It's a joke isn't it? The thing is though, a little over 18 months ago they couldn't of done enough to help, I was super pleased with the deal they gave me.

Originally Posted by BM08
Thats a great deal
It's not bad really is it, £5 more a month compared to what I was paying, the only downside is that I'll get 100 mins less a month but having the handset I want for free is adequate compensation.

Big-Dan.
Old 13-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Dan,

dial a phone are also doing thesame deal. I'm bored of my iPhone so fancy a change..!went for the htc desire black (assume it's just the colour that's the only difference compared to standard one??)

It's a greal deal.. Thanks. O2 couldn't come close to orange !