General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

The british government are giving pakistan £10million to help with the floods

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:55 AM
RigPig
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
The fund raising is to raise money to make his last few months more pleasant as he has terminal illness.

I think its brilliant that in the uk we have people and charities who want to do this sort of thing for kids like the one in question.

I also think that its good the government provide the basic life essentials we all need if we dont have the means to provide them ourselves.
Extending that on a very limited basis in the short term, to extend past our borders is a good example of humanitarian kindness.

I fail to see how that is a point you cant see TBH
i do see it son, but as you say it is short term and very limited, 10 millio will make NO differance to the situation what so ever a large portion will go into the backpockets of the corupt , the next portion will go in admin and a very very small amount will filter down to where it is needed.
It should be down to their govement to sort it out chip can you not take off your rose tinted glasses for 5 mins and haver a proper look at it? no iguess not, what chip says must be right.
I however disagree with your bleeding heart views
Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RigPig
that should indicate to people that this country is NOT wealthy and needs sorting.
this country IS wealthy. Its all about perception. Just because we westerners think a roof over our head, benefits, healthcare etc is our right doesnt make it so.

some down and out in a shitty bedsit struggling on JSA probably feels pretty poor but compared to the average person in the world he is likely to be pretty wealthy.

Originally Posted by iftikhar
thread getting out of hand????????, everytime i come on the forum theres asian this paki that and nothing gets done about, its pretty clear that asians or black people always get abused on here and once everyone has they say and all stupid remarks been read then you guys decide to shut it down!!! get it sorted fella !!!!!!!
stop playing the "ethnic minority victim" card.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Everytime someone has mentioned where will the money go in this thread I have said that some will be missapropriated so you must have me confused with someone else when you talk about the rose tinted spectacles, im well aware it will be only a portion that gets to the truely needy, but its still worth sending for that portion to be useful.
No it wont fix the problem, but SOME people will be helped.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by mrjenrst
pardeep we suffered flood's, granted only 1 death. But people who pay into this goverment via tax didnt get any help, why?? The pakistanies were burning effigy's of cameron, wtf! Dont get it!
The difference is that this is a country that offers house insurance for these disasters. If you live in a high risk area of flooding and don't take out house insurance, you deserve to drown.

However, if we turn the tables. Now i'm saying this as if we were a country who are less fortunate, we flood and people are dying, Another country gives us money to help. You think they're countries people are going to be happy about it? At the same time, we wouldn't be complaining would we?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:01 AM
RigPig

Everytime someone has mentioned where will the money go in this thread I have said that some will be missapropriated so you must have me confused with someone else when you talk about the rose tinted spectacles, im well aware it will be only a portion that gets to the truely needy, but its still worth sending for that portion to be useful.
No it wont fix the problem, but SOME people will be helped.
Chip
please tell me what you think the 10 mill will do ?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Chip

Chip
please tell me what you think the 10 mill will do ?
I think it will provide some basic medical supplies, some food, and some transportation of that food, and I think some of it will be creamed off by corrupt officials.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:11 AM
RigPig

I think it will provide some basic medical supplies, some food, and some transportation of that food, and I think some of it will be creamed off by corrupt officials.
Alas the vast majority will be creamed off by the corrupt,and most of the rest will go in adminastration of the fun, make no mistake about it a lot of people will get rich from the fund, black market etc.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Chip

Alas the vast majority will be creamed off by the corrupt,and most of the rest will go in adminastration of the fun, make no mistake about it a lot of people will get rich from the fund, black market etc.
I doubt it will be the "vast majority" as I believe that its being handled mainly by uk aid agencies, but its a pretty pointless debate to sit here and try and guess the percentage without accurate facts.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 AM
RigPig

I doubt it will be the "vast majority" as I believe that its being handled mainly by uk aid agencies, but its a pretty pointless debate to sit here and try and guess the percentage without accurate facts.
I agree that facts would help, but having spent a lot of time in that part of the world i have seen first hand the corruption that openly takes place, so i really do believe the money would not end up where it was intended.
The fact that it would be handled by uk agencies does make one ounce of differasnce to the out come im afraid to say, but hey ho never mind eh
Old 04-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Chip

The US are providing a lot of the transportation, boats and helicopters etc, from what I can see most of the western funds are going to end up staying largely in control of western organisations
Old 04-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Escy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
There you go again. Nobody is saying fuck everyone else. Some of us are just saying focus on the causes at home that could do some serious good with the money.

By the way chip, if you have an uncomfortable sensation around about where your arse crack starts you might find that it's Escy's nose probing your bum hole.
You say nobody is saying fuck everyone else? I've made a few quotes. It's pretty obvious that lots of other people have the same sentiments as these idiots but put it in a more eloquent way so i've not included those. Pretty sad how narrow minded people are.

As for me being up Chips arse, I was the 1st one to go agaisnt the general flow of shite on this thread and say my point. I do agree with most of what he's saying also.

why?
fuck em i say.

sick of paying for foreigner's in this country, so why the fuck would i wanna send it to there country?
Originally Posted by KSA-Cossie
Should give the bastards 100,000 gallons of more water,bunch of utter utter cunts.
Originally Posted by JLStretton
Should send them fuck all
Originally Posted by KregRS
Turn the situation round, would they send aid to us if we needed it? Highly unlikely really, f*ck 'em, charity begins at home, not abroad!
Originally Posted by stevenebm
id personally give them fuck all.i have to laugh at the people saying its only ten million and our debt is billions.well the government are cutting jobs to save millions and we are then giving it away.fucking joke if you ask me.
Originally Posted by rs_traynor
i wouldnt give them the steam off my shit.

would they give us 10 milloin???

would they fuck... but theyd give us 10 million terrorist attacks.

fuck them
Originally Posted by huautos
well said bang on send um all back there and put the plug in i say
Originally Posted by gaz s1
im a brainless thick uneducated twat who always has believed charity begins at home so fuck pakistan i say
Old 04-08-2010, 01:26 AM
RigPig

Originally Posted by Escy
You say nobody is saying fuck everyone else? I've made a few quotes. It's pretty obvious that lots of other people have the same sentiments as these idiots but put it in a more eloquent way so i've not included those. Pretty sad how narrow minded people are.

As for me being up Chips arse, I was the 1st one to go agaisnt the general flow of shite on this thread and say my point. I do agree with most of what he's saying also.
All the quotes are totally out of order, not called for at all.
But i still dont think we shouldbe sending the money
Old 04-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Escy

What's out of order, me for quoting or the people for saying it?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:37 AM
RigPig

Originally Posted by Escy
What's out of order, me for quoting or the people for saying it?
read what i said dummy, i never said you were out of order.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i cant believe how this has turned into a thred about race!

utterly pointless imo, why cant people accept it's nothing to do with colour of skin.

if i dont agree with sending money to foreign country's then i'm a rasict, sorry but it's ALMOST laughable but it's more pathetic!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Kam B
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you imagine everyone in this thread being in a WWE wrestling ring? What on earth would happen
Old 04-08-2010, 09:11 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

-LOL at this entire thread.

10 million in aid can do more for winning the hearts and minds war with the locals than 10 million spent on equipment and soldiers IMHO
-Not quite, being a recipient of US economic aid, Pakistan will receive approximately $1.3US billion for 2010. 25% of the military is subsidized by the US government.

-That's just THIS year, before the flooding. Another $50US million has been approved for emergency relief. Between 2002-2010, Pakistan received approximately $18US billion in military and economic aid from the United States. In February, the Obama administration requested an additional $3US billion in aid, for a total of $20.7 USbillion.

-"WE" have spent the money and got zero results at winning the hearts and minds....they still hate us. That BILLIONS, with a capital "B" BTW.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by american
-LOL at this entire thread.

-Not quite, being a recipient of US economic aid, Pakistan will receive approximately $1.3US billion for 2010. 25% of the military is subsidized by the US government.

-That's just THIS year, before the flooding. Another $50US million has been approved for emergency relief. Between 2002-2010, Pakistan received approximately $18US billion in military and economic aid from the United States. In February, the Obama administration requested an additional $3US billion in aid, for a total of $20.7 USbillion.

-"WE" have spent the money and got zero results at winning the hearts and minds....they still hate us. That BILLIONS, with a capital "B" BTW.

Lol @ another one missing the point.

I wasnt saying it will do any good, i was saying it will not do harm, like I said, if it makes NO difference, thats less difference than all the troops make.

0 is a bigger number than -4 is
Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 AM
JjCoDeX75
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I must confess that I started writing this yesterday, and then didn't get round to finishing it, so if it is woefully out of date, my apologies!

I wanted to pick up on the point made by some that the feeling was that the favour would not be returned if UK was flooded in a similar way.

Interestingly, I have been involved in the reinstatement works from two significant flood incidents in this country relatively recently, firstly the Thatcham & Gloucester Floods from a couple of years ago, and also the Boscastle floods from further back.

The most significant issue in this country is one of inconvenience (and believe me, the moaning that I heard over the matter of timing was significant, and in fairness in some cases, not unjustified!).

Notwithstanding the fact that neither flood even began to approach the scale of the disaster currently occuring in Pakistan, almost every house in this country was fully insured for the damage that was caused, and as a consequence, each householder had their property returned to the pre-incident condition (or in most cases significantly improved), and their damaged/ lost belongings replaced.

In less rich countries (take Haiti for example), the property owners have no such insurance policy. As such, when they lose their property and belongings - it is gone.

Now in fairness, I dont know the situation in this regard in Pakistan, but I suspect strongly that there will be a significant number of uninsured losses, which will leave many peoples lives wrecked well beyond the incident itself, even disregarding the significant number of people that have lost their lives.

For the above, I feel that there can be no reasonable objection to the frankly very small amount of money that has been offered on our behalf by our government.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

Lol @ another one missing the point.
-I understand and get YOUR point. My point being, no matter how much you give and whomever its given too.....they're just as ungrateful as the next recipient. It to be expected and their hands are always out. IE: Cuba, in 1950? the US stopped providing economic aid to Cuba, to this day we're no longer friends because of it. 90 miles off our coast.... No trade, no financial aid....now look at that country's current economic situation. If sanctions were lifted today....the line would be 90 miles long to the Florida coast.

Last edited by american; 04-08-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Chip

-I understand and get YOUR point. My point being, no matter how much you give and whomever its given too.....they're just as ungrateful as the next recipient. It to be expected and their hands are always out. IE: Cuba, in 1950? the US stopped providing economic aid to Cuba, to this day we're no longer friends because of it. 90 miles off our coast.... No trade, no financial aid....now look at that country's current economic situation. If sanctions were lifted today....the line would be 90 miles long to the Florida coast.
It will change the opinion of some individuals, you wont change the opinion of an entire culture overnight, its not a fast food restaurant where you can order a friend from the menu
Old 04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

It will change the opinion of some individuals, you wont change the opinion of an entire culture overnight, its not a fast food restaurant where you can order a friend from the menu
-We have been economically linked since 1947 with Pakistan, still not friends yet.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Chip

-We have been economically linked since 1947 with Pakistan, still not friends yet.
I think when you kill innocent muslim children in an illegal war one day, and then hand over some cash the next day, both have an effect on how people view you, not just the money.
(a problem for both our countries not just yours)

Last edited by Chip; 04-08-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 AM
american
baseball and apple pie

I think when you kill innocent muslim children in an illegal war one day, and then hand over some cash the next day, both have an effect on how people view you, not just the money.
-Again, since 1947....we have provided over $50 BILLION in aid. Economic and Military aid. I guess you could say that without our money, Pakistan would not have nuclear weapons that keep India from invading. YOUR India.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Chip

expensive business attempting to control other countries.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:13 AM
gaz s1

Ho-efully the flood have washed the taliban away as thats the biggest danger to pakistan not the flooding!!!, and their government seem powerless to stop them without our help so we plow money in there which is money well spent because the taliban with nukes is not going to end with a happy ending!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by gaz s1
Ho-efully the flood have washed the taliban away as thats the biggest danger to pakistan not the flooding!!!, and their government seem powerless to stop them without our help so we plow money in there which is money well spent because the taliban with nukes is not going to end with a happy ending!!!
We (uk/us) give them the training via al queada to be effective terrorists, and we equip them with nuclear technology, then we go and kill loads of peopel they care about, then finally it dawns on us that might not be a good combination of things to have done.
Difficult business politics, I wouldnt fancy it!

Last edited by Chip; 04-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 AM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

lets splash on our own british youth hey, 10 mill well spent
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-10865629
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
packman
PassionFord Regular

What do you expect we look after every other fooker except our own , get use to it !!!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by packman
What do you expect we look after every other fooker except our own , get use to it !!!
I expect 10 million to go un-noticed in terms of debt to this country. As has already been mentioned it is 20p per person who pays tax who will contribute to this aid. Hardly anything for people to get all upset about really is it This country does look after its own in many ways
Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Chip

Rich, I assume the state funded support your lovely mrs got during birth recently was up to standard?
Weird, you would think such things didnt exist in this country from reading this thread, its amazing how many things some people take for granted and dont appreciate.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the N.H.S isnt free
It's set up for everybody to have the same standard of care. That the taxpayer's pay for!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Chip

the N.H.S isnt free
It's set up for everybody to have the same standard of care. That the taxpayer's pay for!
Of course its use is free, its paid for out of a central government budget from tax revenue and there is no charge as you use it.

My god, what a cock you are, the argument in this thread is that taxpayers money goes into nothing for the UK people, the NHS is a perfect example of a massive amount of taxpayer money going to UK people to provide a free to use service of great value.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Of course its use is free, its paid for out of a central government budget from tax revenue and there is no charge as you use it.
How's it free lmfao
Your not charged to get hospital/medical care, tax payer's still pay for it thus making it not free. But if your talking about how it's not like private medical insurance that you pay for but not get charged when you use it.
Then erm well it's the same it was set up so everybody get's the same level of treatment, and saying it's free just doesnt make sense. Why the comment's about been a cock chip? Can you not handle someone having different view's/priority's to you?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Chip

How's it free
Its free to use, because people dont pay when they use it.

Even if you are a non tax payer, you still get to use it, the government pays out of a central budget to set it up for everyone, and then we all use it free of charge, its very simple.

Of course its paid for by tax revenue, EVERYTHING that the government does ultimately comes back to tax revenue as that is where the governments money comes from in the first place, but the NHS is an example of one of the things they pay for from that pot which totally contradicts the point that many idiots on this thread are making that they pay into tax and get nothing back, which simply isnt true at all, one of the things they get back is use of the NHS.

Just to try and simplify the point so that even you can understand it:

Idiot in thread : we pay tax and get nothing back
Chip : one of the things your tax pays for is the nhs that you get use of

Is that simple enough for you to understand now?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Rich, I assume the state funded support your lovely mrs got during birth recently was up to standard?
Weird, you would think such things didnt exist in this country from reading this thread, its amazing how many things some people take for granted and dont appreciate.

The best support available my friend. She got to use the new birthing suite at St Heleir Hospital in Carshalton. Our own room with a birthing couch and water birth facilities (she didnt opt for that). 2 midwives, complete after care with helath visitors for her and Harrison. Brilliant support imo. But no it doesnt exist mate, its all in my head
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by CossieRich
The best support available my friend. She got to use the new birthing suite at St Heleir Hospital in Carshalton. Our own room with a birthing couch and water birth facilities (she didnt opt for that). 2 midwives, complete after care with helath visitors for her and Harrison. Brilliant support imo. But no it doesnt exist mate, its all in my head
I hope that as it was just in your head and you were imagining it and it wasnt really an example of tax payer money going to a service for the uk tax payer that while you were imagining the nurses they looked like this:

Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CossieRich
i'm glad your family were taken care of

but who said the N.H.S didnt exist?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:23 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Chippa,

One of the nurses i saw lush she was. well she was lush on the back of my eyelids anyway
Old 04-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Chip

i'm glad your family were taken care of

but who said the N.H.S didnt exist?
Well you yourself implied for a start, claiming that no uk flood victim was given access to any medical help from the ambulance service or the nhs:

pardeep we suffered flood's, granted only 1 death. But people who pay into this goverment via tax didnt get any help
But I was actually referring more to the other people on this thread saying we pay into tax and get nothing back out, I cant be arsed to trawl through 9 pages to quote them though.

Last edited by Chip; 04-08-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: The british government are giving pakistan £10million to help with the floods